Bills -14 vs Texans is the largest spread of 2021 Season

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

the 14 point spread suggests the books assume he is not playing.  If he does play the line will move.  

Absolutely! I guess that is why they call it gambling?   🤷‍♂️

Edited by Augie

14 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I will state it again for the record: If the Buffalo Bills had a legitimate quarterback in the 2017 playoffs, they would have played in the AFC Championship game. That stupid Jax performance was infuriating. I'm never getting over it. It makes me just as mad as the stupid 2008 Cleveland 6-3 poop festival. 

@Virgil please talk me off the ledge.

Means to an end.  If TT wins that game, whose to say we don’t stick with him for another year?

Also, like other games, we took certain losses to push us in different directions. Our offense was abysmal.  That game led to the drafting of Allen and bringing in our receivers.  

The ending of the drought was a beautiful thing.  Sending Kyle off like we did was special.  Look at the successes from that season, be happy, and then look at where it led us to.  

I wouldn’t change anything about the past 4 seasons because it brought us here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, MJS said:

The Bills should be favored against the Saints. They don't have Drew Brees anymore. They had to gut a lot of their team to get under the cap. Their defense is not going to be as good as it was.

And the Bills should probably be favored, as of now, in all of their games except KC and TB. Now, obviously things can change...

I don't get the Saints love by the media and league.  Just because of Payton?  They lost Breed and many other players.  They will be a middle of the road team I suspect.

If its still a 14 point spread at game time I would probably take the Texans. The Bills should win comfortably but you always have to worry about those garbage time TD's that lead to a back door cover. This isn't CFB where blowout wins are the norm. In the NFL I hate giving that many points.

One of the more infamous memories I have of the board was the time the Bills were 17 point underdogs against Minnesota and wound up winning.  I think Josh’s first road win?

And of course that poster who claimed to have bet 5k against Buffalo that day 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

They don’t have a QB.

I think we are going to blow them out.

The Saints didn’t have a QB last year either.  Brees was running on fumes, but they were still pretty good.  This won’t be an easy game.

13 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Chiefs did a better job in the offseason than the Bills did, so it seems unlikely. Chiefs smoked the Bills twice last season...

How did the dolphins do this offseason? you should tell us all about them and how they're likely to take the division.... you were all the rage with that last year...

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rico said:

Kyle Orton?

Good God no, he wasn't legitimate in 2014, let alone after then. But he's legendary OFF the field, which I do respect.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Means to an end.  If TT wins that game, whose to say we don’t stick with him for another year?

Also, like other games, we took certain losses to push us in different directions. Our offense was abysmal.  That game led to the drafting of Allen and bringing in our receivers.  

The ending of the drought was a beautiful thing.  Sending Kyle off like we did was special.  Look at the successes from that season, be happy, and then look at where it led us to.  

I wouldn’t change anything about the past 4 seasons because it brought us here. 

This post is like a shot of morphine to my soul..........I'm calm now. Thanks man!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Process said:

Interesting. They've posted lines for every game of the season and Bills vs Texans is the largest spread. 

Obviously things will change but it's mid may, there's nothing else to talk about football wise. 

Bills -1.5 at NO is also interesting. Thought that one would be close and could go either way. **The betting line, not the game to be clear. Bills win big. 

If Bills are favorites in that game then they are almost certainly betting favorites in 15/17 games, as of right now. Would love to see the full list. 

They are favorites in 15 games. 

https://news.wagertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/NFL.pdf

51 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Saints didn’t have a QB last year either.  Brees was running on fumes, but they were still pretty good.  This won’t be an easy game.

NO still has a lot of talent and good coaching.  I have zero faith that Hill will ever be a good QB, but maybe the bookies think that Payton will work some magic with Winston.  That line could move significantly after people get a look at the NO QBs in camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

NOPE

Brees behind center represents the ability to get the team in the right position/ play to be successful. Even with a noodle arm that fact remained.

Winston or Hill behind center?

🤮🤮🤮

The Bills are going to win handily by double digits.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Some of these make no sense.

For example: Bills are 6 point favourites against Indy, Indy and TB are a push, and the Bills are 4 point dogs against TB. Huh? They are also both 3.5 and 7 point favourites against the Dolphins. What is the change between those games?

12 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Some of these make no sense.

For example: Bills are 6 point favourites against Indy, Indy and TB are a push, and the Bills are 4 point dogs against TB. Huh? They are also both 3.5 and 7 point favourites against the Dolphins. What is the change between those games?

Home or away?

On 5/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, Seasons1992 said:

I will state it again for the record: If the Buffalo Bills had a legitimate quarterback in the 2017 playoffs, they would have played in the AFC Championship game. That stupid Jax performance was infuriating. I'm never getting over it. It makes me just as mad as the stupid 2008 Cleveland 6-3 poop festival. 

@Virgil please talk me off the ledge.

That team was 9-7 and needed a Dalton miracle to get in. That team had one and done written all over it. I remember Bills fans being happy just to end the playoff less streak. I don't think anyone had any expectations of a playoff run that year.  The 2021 season is a different story as their is a lot of pressure on the Bills now with expectations thru the roof in WNY.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

They don’t have a QB.

I think we are going to blow them out.

Exactly I don't get the respect the Saints are getting. Brees is gone and they have no QB. The Dolphins are as good as the Saints are at this point. I would jump on the 1.5 points now because come gametime it will probably get to 5.5 easily.

• Thank you (+1) 1