How many people would be libertarian if you believed they could win?

Your position on the libertarian party?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Your position on the libertarian party?

• The general idea of personal freedom, individual rights and less government intrusion is good
    • I want the federal government to have more power
    • I agree with the republicans social ideology
    • I’m a hard core Republican, they represent me
    • I’m a hard core Democrat, they represent me

If you could get rid of S.S. and 50 other government programs by installing UBI and Universal HC, would that be more, less, or more efficient government?

Where I think both parties get it wrong is with means-testing and policy designed for certain groups. For example, there shouldn’t be major legislation designed to help only women and small children. It should help every American or not be created.

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not interested. What we really need is a centrist party that attracts the centrists/moderates of both current parties. Since both parties are now more represented by the extremes in each, a centrist party would win.

Can you name a moderate Republican?

Edited by Governor

34 minutes ago, Governor said:

If you could get rid of S.S. and 50 other government programs by installing UBI and Universal HC, would that be more, less, or more efficient government?

Where I think both parties get it wrong is with means-testing and policy designed for certain groups. For example, there shouldn’t be major legislation designed to help only women and small children. It should help every American or not be created.

Me.  Or at least I used to be until the insanity that took over the party.  Now I'm independent.

• Over 29 years of fanhood changed the title to How many people would be libertarian if you believed they could win?
1 hour ago, Governor said:

I think Mitt Romney is one if you look at what he did in mass. Moderate dems are rare too lately. The West Virginia guy maybe? 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Not interested. What we really need is a centrist party that attracts the centrists/moderates of both current parties. Since both parties are now more represented by the extremes in each, a centrist party would win.

i thought that might be libertarian but they seem to have their own radical element with too much influence on the agenda 

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I voted for the option of thinking their views are generally good, but libertarians have lost me in their views on corporations and tech.  

Too hands off right? 

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I voted for the option of thinking their views are generally good, but libertarians have lost me in their views on corporations and tech.  

I didn't vote but I'll sign on to this with national borders added on at the end.

Don't Libertarians want to eliminate pollution controls? They just want to dump sewage in our lakes and coal slim everywhere. Why would anyone want that? 

Libertarians can't be trusted with anything. 

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I didn't vote but I'll sign on to this with national borders added on at the end.

Trump's wall was seen as more big government to Libertarians

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't Libertarians want to eliminate pollution controls? They just want to dump sewage in our lakes and coal slim everywhere. Why would anyone want that? 

Libertarians can't be trusted with anything. 

Trump's wall was seen as more big government to Libertarians

Ironically anti wall democrats quietly resumed construction 

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure it’s more like reduce their 6 billion dollar annual budget or reduce their power over everyday life or eliminate their redundancy with the 4 other state and  federal agencies that do the same thing. 

How much more unsafe should we make life in the country? 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think Mitt Romney is one if you look at what he did in mass. Moderate dems are rare too lately. The West Virginia guy maybe? 

i thought that might be libertarian but they seem to have their own radical element with too much influence on the agenda 

Too hands off right? 

Yea, too hands off.  We need more people like Josh Hawley, Elizabeth Warren etc., in regards to their views on tech.

Edited by SCBills

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

FDA is corrupt AF.... all the chemicals they authorize into our food isn’t keeping anyone safe. 

Get rid of food safety! Libertarians have a winning issue to run on! 

How about work place safety? Get rid of it!