Other than div. games, which match-ups are you most looking forward to?

Poll: Other than div. games, which match-ups are you most looking forward to?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Other than div. games, which match-ups are you most looking forward to?

• Steelers
    • WFT
    • Texans
    • Chiefs
    • Titans
    • Jags
    • Colts
    • Saints
    • Bucs
    • Panthers
    • Falcons

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

When we lost to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXVII, I couldn't wait until we played them in week 2 the following season to exact our revenge in their stadium (which we did, 13-10) and show the world that our previous loss to them was a fluke.  That is precisely how I feel about playing the Chefs this season.  We must defeat them.

I’m not going to say it. 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I voted Steelers, mostly because they are the FIRST team we will play. Win the first one, then move on. One week at a time. 

GO BILLS! 

I wholeheartedly agree.  That’s where my mind is too.  Let’s get the first one in the bag.  The Steelers won’t be a pushover either.  To say they came out of the gate strong last year is an understatement and that defense is legit.  Week 1 is not when I’d have chosen to play them, but this is the kind of game the Bills need to be able to win if they want a championship.  It’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t happen, but knocking off a healthy Steelers team to start the season would solidify that the Bills are in the top tier of the league. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, klos63 said:

nice talent on offense too.

Except for QB. I like Fitz but eh. 

51 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I voted for the bucs.  The brady history, and then the fact that they won the super bowl last year makes it a nice measuring stick game.  

My exact throughts

It might be week 5, but the Chiefs game, for me, is the one must win game on the schedule if one could qualify. A lot of talk that the Bills are right up there as a top team in the AFC. Hell, Florio had them #1 in his power rankings by the end of last season stating he couldn't ignore the obvious.

But you can't be a top team in the AFC and keep losing to the Chiefs in such embarrassing fashion. This game, if not a win, absolutely must be extremely competitive. Anything less isn't acceptable. I know there's a lot of hype around the Bucs, but let's be real...I've never seen one game change people's opinions on a team so quickly. They went from unlikely Superbowl contenders to #1 challenger overnight. Few expected them to beat the Packers or Saints. Hardly anyone expected them to beat the Chiefs. I wonder how people would view the Bucs if they had lost.

Chiefs and Bucs are the obvious choices here, as they are currently the top 2 teams to beat.  However, for this question, i have to pick the Steelers.  It's the first game of the season and I'm hoping that this game will set the tone for how we'll do throughout the season.  Start the season strong and then finish the season strong.

On 5/16/2021 at 2:20 PM, Rocky Landing said:

And why?

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the Titans game. The Bills looked hungover during their last matchup, and I'd love to see some redemption. I'm actually thinking about making the trip to Nashville.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that beat-down, would love to see redemption there!  

2 hours ago, Clark Rotary said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that beat-down, would love to see redemption there!  

It was especially frustrating because the Titans were dealing with a whole raft of Covid issues, and had missed a lot of practice. We should have beat the snot out of them. But, the Bills looked low-energy. At least, that's how I remember it. I think also they were a tough matchup for us last season. Hopefully that isn't the case this season.

I almost voted WFT as I read WTF ha ha. Crazy that these idiots still haven't got a proper name. By that vote, I meant ALL. Looking for all of them.

But yeah, nothing original. Chiefs, Bucs and indeed Steelers to start the season strong.

Answer is CHIEFS by a mile.

We played them twice last year and were easily handled both times, including being totally outclassed in the AFC championship game.

That's our yardstick now.  Until we can beat them, we will win nothing.

18 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I almost voted WFT as I read WTF ha ha. Crazy that these idiots still haven't got a proper name. By that vote, I meant ALL. Looking for all of them.

But yeah, nothing original. Chiefs, Bucs and indeed Steelers to start the season strong.

The more I learn about Dan Snyder, the more I suspect there is intention to this. I'm surprised he didn't name them Washington Team Football.

• Haha (+1) 1