Happy 55th Birthday! Thurman Thomas [Mod edited]

Thanks for the reminder! Thurman Thomas was so fun to watch on the field. As a Kansas State fan growing up, it was very tough to see Thurman rumble all over the Wildcat defense, but as a Bills fan, I was sure glad when he came to Buffalo to play for the Bills! Happy B-Day Mr. Thomas!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Chandler#81 changed the title to [Vague Title] Happy 55th Birthday! Thurman Thomas [Mod edited]
  • Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Happy 55th Birthday! Thurman Thomas [Mod edited]
18 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He should have been 1st ballot. The man's resume speaks for itself and it reads, 1st Ballot!

Agreed, sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

They, along with AR, were a rarified offensive trio.

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

He should have been 1st ballot. The man's resume speaks for itself and it reads, 1st Ballot!

I agree but it sort of fits - a 1st round player which dropped to 2nd round being taken by team which had no 1st round pick and got into the Hall of Fame on 2nd try. 

1-2-1-2

And not being taken in 1st round was a chip on his shoulder Thurman had entire career.

• Agree 1

A group of my friends and I ran into Thurman in a pub in the UK when we were there for the Bills vs Jacksonville in London.  He is a friendly and gracious guy.  Based on the number of people that were wanting to see and talk to him, he is still one of the most loved and respected players to ever play in Buffalo.  Buffalo was fortunate to have had him on the team.  He continues to be a class act and is a most worthy hall of fame member.  Happy Birthday Thurman!!

Thurman lived in the apartment above my grandmother his rookie season - behind the Tops market near Maple and Transit. We asked him why he didn't take a fancier place - said he was just a rookie, felt good coming off the injury but you never know.  My grandmother was a Bills fanatic and introduced her 12 grandchildren to him one by one across his first season.  He made time for us, was always positive and gracious.  I certainly do not know him well but could see that he was raised to have good manners and did not lose that as he started to gain fame.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was young in the early 90s teams, like preteen. Always enjoyed Thurman, he did kind of rub me the wrong way one time speaking of the abuse and what not he put himself through, and I know he did.

I just can't help but thinking of the blue collar guy killing themselves at plants and whatnot that don't make generational wealth doing it. 

Doesn't really tarnish my memories of him as a player. He has a right to feel the way he feels.