Christian Wade [Mod edited] has a groupie

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So Taiwan 5 plays per game or Wade 5 plays per game. I view Taiwan as more replaceable on special teams than I do Wade possibly ripping off large chunks of yardage. 

But you aren't building the roster for the Bills.  Like it or don't, Beane and McDermott have demonstrated time and time again that in addition to kicker, punter, and long snapper they will sign and keep a handful of players on the roster for their special teams ability - 3 or 4.  Last year it was Roberts, Jones, Matakevich, Andre' Smith, and arguably Johnson.  Matakevich and Smith played pretty well when they got their chance at LB.

If you think Taiwan is replaceable, 1) what is his role? and 2) with whom would you replace him?

It's possible that Wade could rip off large chunks of yardage.  It's also possible that he could whiff on a block that gets Allen sacked or even injured, and that by not being able to find his hole or follow his blocks he'd do no better than Jones as an RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Not only does Wade have incredible carries in short limited action, he can catch the ball and run through 3 defenders for 30 yards+ . I’d much rather have that threat than someone playing special teams 5 plays out of a game with a punter that pins people with big hangtime. 

So let me get this straight. You're pushing all your chips in on a 30 year old rb that has never previously played football before to somehow help "save" the Bills. On his "incredible" carries? You're completely basing this decision on his 8 carries and 4 receptions that he had in 3 preseason games 2 years ago? Your basing this decision on his 65 yard run in the 4th quarter in a preseason game against Indianapolis Colt scrubs who had never ever seen this player before? Or on his 48 yard reception in the 4th quarter of another preseason game against Carolina Panther scrubs? Is that your reasoning for crowning him the next Adrian Peterson? Or do you take into account his other 7 runs for 19 yards and a 2.7 yd average? Or his other 3 receptions for a total of 7 yards and his 2.3 yd average? Mind you his amazing averages were all against scrubs as well. This is what you base your bold predictions on? Or the fact that he's never made the active roster? That he's been cut twice and no other team has picked him up?  Do you know what his stats are in college? 0 rushes for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns. What about the NFL regular season? That's easy too! 0 rushes for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns. 

But you don't consider or lend any credence to the fact that Devin Singletary has been playing football his entire life. He's played in college and the pros. In one year of college he had 33 touchdowns and 1900 yds rushing!! 33!! That's 32 rushing and 1 receiving. In 3 years of college he had 66 rushing touchdowns. That's a 22 touchdown per year average. And he had a 6 yard per rush average! And he's a phenomenal blocker. Oh and he happens to be in the best shape of his life. But you wanna trade him or say he's garbage. You'd much rather have a guy that's never played in high school, college, or an actual regular season game? Someone that no other GM in the league has wanted and that Brandon Beane hasn't activated once?  All I can say is I'm thrilled that you have absolutely no say in the Bills decision making. 

Edited by sirebors
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sirebors said:

So let me get this straight. You're pushing all your chips in on a 30 year old rb that has never previously played football before to somehow help "save" the Bills. On his "incredible" carries? You're completely basing this decision on his 8 carries and 4 receptions that he had in 3 preseason games 2 years ago? Your basing this decision on his 65 yard run in the 4th quarter in a preseason game against Indianapolis Colt scrubs who had never ever seen this player before? Or on his 48 yard reception in the 4th quarter of another preseason game against Carolina Panther scrubs? Is that your reasoning for crowning him the next Adrian Peterson? Or do you take into account his other 7 runs for 19 yards and a 2.7 yd average? Or his other 3 receptions for a total of 7 yards and his 2.3 yd average? Mind you his amazing averages were all against scrubs as well. This is what you base your bold predictions on? Or the fact that he's never made the active roster? That he's been cut twice and no other team has picked him up?  Do you know what his stats are in college? 0 rushes for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns. What about the NFL regular season? That's easy too! 0 rushes for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns. 

But you don't consider or lend any credence to the fact that Devin Singletary has been playing football his entire life. He's played in college and the pros. In one year of college he had 33 touchdowns and 1900 yds rushing!! 33!! That's 32 rushing and 1 receiving. In 3 years of college he had 66 rushing touchdowns. That's a 22 touchdown per year average. And he had a 6 yard per rush average! And he's a phenomenal blocker. Oh and he happens to be in the best shape of his life. But you wanna trade him or say he's garbage. You'd much rather have a guy that's never played in high school, college, or an actual regular season game? Someone that no other GM in the league has wanted and that Brandon Beane hasn't activated once?  All I can say is I'm thrilled that you have absolutely no say in the Bills decision making.

“Known your friend long?” whispered Scipio to me.

“Fairly,” I answered.

Scipio's bleached eyes brightened with admiration as he considered the Southerner's back. “Well,” he stated judicially, “start awful early when yu' go to fool with him, or he'll make you feel unpunctual.”

-Owen Wister, The Virginian

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well! And I don't even flip the interlock switch and fire up my snark generator when I wander these hallways!

Reminder to self: send Snark-O-Meter for calibration as most of our mods don't flicker the needle a bit

Question: Do people still "get" that reference?  Have analog meters gone the way of clocks with numbers on the dial and rotary phones?

🤔 hmm.. well, it’s a more entertaining theory than this ridiculous thread.. 

• Dislike 1

Ok, this  baby has run its course. There’s 2 Camps here -well, a full blown military base and a single pup tent pitched on the edge of reality..  Neither willing to compromise..

We’ll let August figure this out.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1