Christian Wade [Mod edited] has a groupie

13 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You act as if that's nothing, knowing everything there is to being a running back. It's huge.

Know who else was fluid as hell, smooth, evasive and a terrific runner? Spiller. But he couldn't block. And unless Wade learns that, it's a huge advantage for Singletary and Spiller. As for Taiwan Jones, he got 209 snaps last year because he's very good at what he does. Wade is highly unlikely to manage to get 209 snaps.

Unless he can manage some STs snaps or learn to pass block, IMO he will have to beat out Breida. He might have a chance, but the odds aren't great.

Pretty sure he’s behind Williams too

I'm not going to, ah, wade through every post in this thread. But I do have some thoughts.

1) The Bills are not a team that runs the ball a lot. So, RB is not necessarily going to be as big a priority.

2) Both Moss and Singletary are reasonably competent RBs, and you have to like the fact that Moss had a 100% success rate in pass blocking this past season.

3) Trading away a guy like Moss or Singletary creates a risk, in that you don't know how well Wade will or won't do until you start giving him snaps in the regular season.

4) Due to Wade's age, it's unlikely he'll play at a high level in the regular season for more than two or three years, before father time catches up with him.

So, you'd be giving up on a young guy, a known guy, such as Singletary or Moss, in order to give snaps to an older player and a far less known player in the form of Wade. Don't get me wrong: I love the big play ability a guy like Wade gives you, and I don't see the same speed or athleticism in Singletary or Moss. So I understand the temptation. But there just aren't many carries to go around, and those carries are pretty much spoken for.

However, if some other team were to offer the Bills, say, a 2nd round pick for Singletary, then I'm guessing it would be goodbye Singletary and hello Christian Wade! While something like that is unlikely to happen, I think it's Wade's best chance of getting a significant number of regular season carries.

2 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I'm not going to, ah, wade through every post in this thread. But I do have some thoughts.

1) The Bills are not a team that runs the ball a lot. So, RB is not necessarily going to be as big a priority.

2) Both Moss and Singletary are reasonably competent RBs, and you have to like the fact that Moss had a 100% success rate in pass blocking this past season.

3) Trading away a guy like Moss or Singletary creates a risk, in that you don't know how well Wade will or won't do until you start giving him snaps in the regular season.

4) Due to Wade's age, it's unlikely he'll play at a high level in the regular season for more than two or three years, before father time catches up with him.

So, you'd be giving up on a young guy, a known guy, such as Singletary or Moss, in order to give snaps to an older player and a far less known player in the form of Wade. Don't get me wrong: I love the big play ability a guy like Wade gives you, and I don't see the same speed or athleticism in Singletary or Moss. So I understand the temptation. But there just aren't many carries to go around, and those carries are pretty much spoken for.

However, if some other team were to offer the Bills, say, a 2nd round pick for Singletary, then I'm guessing it would be goodbye Singletary and hello Christian Wade! While something like that is unlikely to happen, I think it's Wade's best chance of getting a significant number of regular season carries.

Good post.  I agree with the majority of it except the bolded. In all likelihood, Singletary is a Bills for 2 more years. You said it’s unlikely Wade will play at a high level for more than 2 or 3 years.  Who cares?  The longest either player will be a contributor for is 2 years.  It doesn’t really matter who’s younger. To me, it’s who is the bigger threat.  

I have no clue how good Wade is at this point.  None of us do.  But if he’s picked up the nuances of playing RB, I could see him being a bigger playmaker than motor. Moss can be our RB1 and we can mix in doses of brieda and Wade for big plays.  

Then there’s the chance he hasn’t grasped how to play the position yet and isn’t even in the same league as Motor. 

I just don’t think age should have anything to do with it. Rbs easily replaced and 2nd contracts are rare 

• Like (+1) 2

It is nice to have someone who might have a real high ceiling.  I wish we knew more.  I wish we had a preseason last year and could have the data that we need. Not the coaches, that we fans need.  We are arguing in a vacumn. We will get the data and this settled once we see how things perform in the preseason.  ONE POINT is that we have a good coaching staff and THEY are keeping this guy around.  We did NOT draft a RB, nor did we spend much to get two more candidates.  We don't know, lets hope for the best.  There is a chance that in a year, we may be glad that the lack of a pre season last year was a blessing, in that we were able to stash this guy while he developed.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Your credibility rating is suffering greatly. Hard to take this crusade seriously with posts like that. 

Entering 'Sky Diver' territory, and that poster's relentless championing of Robert Foster.  Those were the days! 😁

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And what’s your pedigree? 

Maiden, did you really think that was the smart play with Chand, one of the mods who keeps this site going?  

Cmon brother, Ive given you the benefit of the doubt on this marathon thread, but it’s starting to go a little off the rails.  

we get it, you love Wade.  You are also willing to trade away one of our two third round picks or Breida who was on a SB team for an aging rugby player.  One that has only performed against preseason opponents.  He hasn’t played one down in a regular season game.

you’re kind of reaching at this point.  A lot of reasonable people have stated how about we wait for OTA’S, training camp, preseason games and see what happens.  Isn’t that reasonable?

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I didn't want to comment on this until the thread title changed. Christian Wade is a good story but unless he has the human plow card from madden stashed away he isn't getting the field over drafted players.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:58 AM, Arkady Renko said:

I am old enough to remember when fans impressed by Fred Jackson's performance in preseason were dismissed as silly.  

So,you should be old enough to remember that Fred grew up playing football, not rugby. By the time he got to Bills camp he had already played 3 years in Europe. He was an experienced football player, not an "athete" attempting  to learn a new sport in his late 20s.

• Agree 1

This is another fanboy fantasy. Its a feel good story, and all... but I have outgrown the hero worship and want what is best for the team. Wade's STORY won't win games. I don't see him as an integral part of the 53 man roster. He just turned 30,haven't read anything about him learning kick return or coverage roles so it appears he has to beat out a couple backs that have proven themselves. If the Bills can afford to manipulate the roster when they clinch the playoffs, maybe he has a shot to play a little,since his IPP exemption will expire. 

5 minutes ago, Georgie said:

So,you should be old enough to remember that Fred grew up playing football, not rugby. By the time he got to Bills camp he had already played 3 years in Europe. He was an experienced football player, not an "athete" attempting  to learn a new sport in his late 20s.

Good points.  I nominate Lonnie Johnson to speak to Wade on the topic of 'situational awareness'. 😁

The fact is Wade is on the roster as a RB.  He will get a shot in preseason to carry the ball and probably some ST duty.

He is a longshot to make the 53 roster but has a little better chance to make the PS as an eligible "call up" player this year.

Anything more than that on both extremes of this topic is just unwarranted IMO.

As a "feel good" story I will admit I am looking forward to watching him take some snaps in the summer.

• Agree 1