Christian Wade [Mod edited] has a groupie

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I doubt Wade would be any worse than Spiller at blocking. 

What's your point here?  We moved on from Spiller after 2014 when he contributed 300 yds to a 9-7 season that missed the playoffs.  Most of the time Spiller was here we were 6-10.  

Is your argument Spiller wasn't good enough to move the needle for the Bills becoming a winning team and contender then, so someone who might not be worse is a good standard for who might be good to put on the roster now?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No argument there at all, I was just responding to a guy who said "McKenzie can run all the pass routes, he doesn't have to block".

In Daboll's offense, the WRs gotta block.  And given a choice between a WR who can run routes and block, and a WR who can run routes but can't block, job security goes with the latter.

(Which has me wondering WTF the Giants think they're doing signing Kelvin Benjamin to play TE, because with the Bills, he laid down some of the laziest-ass megawhiff blocks I ever saw a WR put on the field, but I guess that's a different thread)

In interviews, C Wade has talked about his difficulties learning blocking.

Ever see Jimmy Graham block?  I'm just asking because I'm not sure I've ever seen it.

But Benjamin's progress will be interesting. I wouldn't' bet on him making the squad.

Oh, and I thought Buffalo716 was agreeing with you. But maybe not. If Wade has only been training at RB, I doubt he is also learning the nuances of blocking as a WR.

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Based on what? Evidence?

I'm guessing Spiller was a better blocker, as he played RB for many years, at various levels.  But  even it you are correct, what does that have to do with this team?  Spiller isn't on it. 

Im just saying if we could manage to find Spiller a role with his subpar blocking, we could find a role for Wade. The one thing going for Gailey was his ability to get Spiller in space. Wade is good in space. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is a very fair assessment. I just think Wade is going to just blow up the off-season this year. It’s my opinion. He was robbed of valuable playing time last preseason with the virus issues, but this year he will be able to showcase more of that explosive speed and vision. If Wade doesn’t make the team either this year or next, I will be very surprised. 

Exactly. Wade has that vision and speed combo I look for. Singletary and Moss are snails compared to Wade. Breida is very similar to Wade, so that camp battle will be interesting. 

I can’t wait until Wade shuts up all the downers on here. 

Sure you can.....You've been waiting 2 years.  it will be 3 unless they waive him and resign him or put him on the 53.

Anyway, you probably could have bumped any one of 10 other Wade threads.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Im just saying if we could manage to find Spiller a role with his subpar blocking, we could find a role for Wade. The one thing going for Gailey was his ability to get Spiller in space. Wade is good in space. 

Two different teams. This Bills team was in the AFCCG last year. How well did the Spiller teams do exactly. Your standards should be higher now for THIS team than “we found a role for Spiller”.
It’s a terrible comparison.

Edited by NobesBLO13

8 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Two different teams. This Bills team was in the AFCCG last year. How well did the Spiller teams do exactly. Your standards should be higher now for THIS team than “we found a role for Spiller”.
It’s a terrible comparison.

If Spiller was on this team right now, he’d be a 1k runner. He’d be our best back. I can only imagine the wreckage Jackson would do on this team. Singletary and Moss are garbage. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If Spiller was on this team right now, he’d be a 1k runner. He’d be our best back. I can only imagine the wreckage Jackson would do on this team. Singletary and Moss are garbage. 

Your argument has devolved into CJ Spiller hypothetical stat lines in 2021. 

You win brother.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is also a fair assessment. My thing is with Wade, is he is a home run threat anytime he touches the ball. If I want to win maximum games, I want players who can score anywhere on the field. For that alone, I would have Wade on the roster. He doesn’t have to start to be of use. He is totally worth a roster spot if he comes in 4 or 5 times a game on 1st downs if he rips of 15+ yards a pass or carry. Just look what he does in the open field vs Indy or Car. Just swing him in space. We have plenty of other players on this team that can be used for blocking or special teams. We haven’t had a home run threat as a RB since Spiller. 

Ok - once again - in all seriousness being totally honest - Why is he considered a home run threat?

Wades 40 time and speed were slower than Moss.  He is no more a home run threat than Zack Moss.  The biggest difference is Moss understands blocking schemes - so he is going to maximize each runs versus Wade that doesn’t.  Wade will make a weird cut that works on a rare occasion, but that will be matched by the number of times he loses yards or misses holes because he is still learning.

Additionally a third down back needs to be multifaceted: they need to BLOCK, run, and catch.  He admits in interviews that he is still learning the blocking and has never run pass patterns.  He is basically useless as a third down back.  All Wade is at this point is a camp body and a nice story.  

I hope that he shows he is picking up things and is improving, but unless he gets significantly better - I do not want my season to depend on a 31 year old rookie that is still learning.  I want him sitting on the PS as an extra player and nothing more.  If he proves it great, but he has not proved it to this point.

It’s hard to judge Singletary and Moss when they averaged 9.75 and 7 carries a game. Most of your “bell cows” more than double the carries a game. If you give RB’s that average that many carries a game there wouldn’t be any big numbers. Most RB’s got to get in a rhythm and used more and not used for blockers for most of the game. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In Daboll's scheme, WR are expected to block, period.    He doesn't have to level the guy, but he at least has to have timing and the ability to get in the way.

Shoulda said he doesn't have to pass block.  

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Don’t mince words with us, tell us what you really think...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This bunch is good in space: ⬇️
image.png.06401dba09f94cfe148d6c42bca8346d.png

And if anyone knows pigskins, it's them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think this is the depth chart going into this season. 

Singletary 

Moss 

Breida 

Wade 

I personally think Taiwan is replaceable on special teams. 

Taiwan Jones is a special teams stalwart.  He’s not going anywhere.  If Wade makes the team he beat out Breida, Antonio Williams and others.  Jones isn’t here to play RB outside of an emergency.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Taiwan Jones is a special teams stalwart.  He’s not going anywhere.  If Wade makes the team he beat out Breida, Antonio Williams and others.  Jones isn’t here to play RB outside of an emergency.

Yes we punt once or twice a game and Bass smashes them in the back of the end zone. Lol 

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Singletary has a 2 year average of 4.8 YPC. They had nowhere to run much of last year. Moss was the best pass protection back in the league. 

Your credibility rating is suffering greatly. Hard to take this crusade seriously with posts like that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could one of the Wade supporters answer me this, I can't easily find the number and I don't feel like looking to hard. But the claims of great vision, breakaway speed, great in space, more fluid runner than the others... other than the preseason touchdown against the Colts 2 in his first season, how many times has he carried the ball in a game? I'm not trying to knock Wade at all, just wondering where all these attributes to his game come from... and I'm trying to knock you guys. LOL