Christian Wade [Mod edited] has a groupie

I’m calling it right now. Christian Wade will make the 53 man roster this year. At this point I don’t think his absence from the final roster has been due to a lack of athletic ability at the running back position, but more so because of the lack of the technical nuances that comes with the complete understanding of the game. I feel the last year and this offseason will be what puts Wade over the hump to grab a spot on this team. We will see it this pre season, I’m pretty confident his abilities will flash again and more people will be asking is he ready to take a spot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Little to no chance he makes the 53. 

We say that now, but I’m willing to bet people change there minds after another off season where he actually gets to play in games this year. I understand that Taiwan Jones is a special teamer, but that’s literally all he does. It’s a waste of a roster spot. If Christian Wade has truly worked on being a better blocker, understanding assignments, then he should make the roster this year. He has incredible instincts that we are lacking on this team. Wade finds the end zone. 

We're in a very small minority here that would like to see CWade on the 53.  I hope he gets enough looks in preseason so we can see the progress he's made in the last two years under the Bills coaching staff.  Unfortunately, it's a numbers game at RB and KR, where the Bills have invested draft picks and FA money, so CWade is probably the odd man out.  If he is waived at the end of TC, I hope someone picks him up, as opposed to him being indentured to the Bills for a third year under the IPP.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

I love Wade's attitude and it's a great story.

But when you look at our RB room, I don't see how he makes the 53.  

I think this is the depth chart going into this season. 

Singletary 

Moss 

Breida 

Wade 

I personally think Taiwan is replaceable on special teams. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I personally think Taiwan is replaceable on special teams. 

Dude is living off that 30-yard first down run for the Texans in our Wild Card game against them.  ***** him :devil:

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s not a talent issue keeping Wade off the 53 man roster. It’s an understanding of everything that comes with the game of football. I think he has had enough time to learn most of the nuisances to land himself a spot. Wade is by far the most interesting player for me going into the pre season. He was robbed last year of valuable game experience, this year he will be able to shine. 

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

Replace a starter on special teams so Wade can be the 4th RB and get no carries?

He may be 4 RB, but he would get some carries during the year. I would give him opportunities on first downs in some situations where he could rip off huge yardage where Singletary can’t. 

• Disagree 1

The Matt Breida signing makes it almost impossible for him to make the 53. Antonio Williams may even be ahead of him in the coaches' eyes. The only way he makes the 53 is a major injury to Singletary or Moss.

It's a great story with him making the conversion from rugby, but last years' lack of preseason and OTA's didn't give him a chance to get much experience. I'm excited for him and I would love to see him make big plays in the preseason again this year and make his case.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The Matt Breida signing makes it almost impossible for him to make the 53. Antonio Williams may even be ahead of him in the coaches' eyes. The only way he makes the 53 is a major injury to Singletary or Moss.

It's a great story with him making the conversion from rugby, but last years' lack of preseason and OTA's didn't give him a chance to get much experience. I'm excited for him and I would love to see him make big plays in the preseason again this year and make his case.

I would not be opposed to trading Singletary or Moss to make room for Wade. Wade is just a better more fluid runner than they are. The only reason why Singletary or Moss is ahead of Wade right now is because they have played the game their entire lives and know everything there is to being a running back. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

I really really hope we have plans for Wade, if not, I would like to see him released. He will play on some NFL team, I’m confident about it. Some NFL coach will see his value like I do in open space. I would be setting up screens, sweeps, and just let him do what he does best. 

30 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We say that now, but I’m willing to bet people change there minds after another off season where he actually gets to play in games this year. I understand that Taiwan Jones is a special teamer, but that’s literally all he does. It’s a waste of a roster spot. If Christian Wade has truly worked on being a better blocker, understanding assignments, then he should make the roster this year. He has incredible instincts that we are lacking on this team. Wade finds the end zone. 

There’s no playing time for Wade on this team. Even if Wade made the 53, which he won’t, he wouldn’t be active on gamedays. You may think Jones is a waste of a roster spot but he at least serves a purpose. We already know McD values guys who contribute on ST. Wade doesn’t really do anything special for us. He’s a nice story but I imagine he’ll spend another season playing under the exemption.

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

There’s no playing time for Wade on this team. Even if Wade made the 53, which he won’t, he wouldn’t be active on gamedays. You may think Jones is a waste of a roster spot but he at least serves a purpose. We already know McD values guys who contribute on ST. Wade doesn’t really do anything special for us. He’s a nice story but I imagine he’ll spend another season playing under the exemption.

I didn’t real realize he had another year. What if he absolutely blows up preseason again? What would it take for you to believe he is worth a spot over Moss or Singletary? Would you be open to trading Moss or Singletary? 

Maybe I’m the only one that sees it, but I think Wade is a better runner than Singletary or Moss. 

The Bills must have some plan for Wade, they must see that he is such a fantastic runner who can rip off major chunks of yardage. Why would they continuously place him on the PS if they didn’t think he had some viable path for the future? I fail to see what Moss provides that Wade can’t do other than swallowing the pride of using a draft pick on Moss. 

• Eyeroll 1

While Wade has a great story, that literally has nothing to do with why I believe in Wade’s ability. I truly see Wade’s amazing running abilities and with enough learning he will be able to use blockers more effectively. If you pull up Moss’s highlights vs Wade’s highlights, you will begin to understand why people want him to make the 53 man roster. 

• Eyeroll 1