Does Gregory Rousseau need "redshirt" year?

4 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

He's going to be the 5th DE/backup interior rusher this year as he adds weight. But he is a freak athlete so he realistically could be at 280/290 by training camp.

Beane already said he wants him around 265, just like Epenesa.

He should be worked into the rotation along with Boogie and should be brought along slow. Anyone who expects him to be dominant this year has a 99% chance of being disappointed, but if he is simply good by the end of the season I will be happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, Mat68 said:

I dont see the comparison.  Rousseau is is skinny at 260.  Maybin blew up to 240 at the combine and I dont he ever played over 230 in the NFL.  Maybin got his sack turning the corner around tes and Rts in the Big 10.  Rousseau had more variance and ability in 1 year at the position.  I get you see those videos at rookie camp and he looks small.  Hes 6-7 260 plus. He is prototypical size.  He has elite get off.  Thats the best thing.  Watch JJ watt sacks.  90% of his sacks are what Rousseau did.

It's more the 'one year wonder' thing, but he also does look a little skinny for DL in the NFL.