Irritated By NFL Opening Night Game

Irv

35 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Are they really that bad?

I would have just chalked it up to where I live, here in NW pa, but I’ve talked to numerous posters on here as well as other family members from other parts of the country and they all confirm they’re awful no matter where you are. 

they literally act as though the franchise, and they as fans, are gracing the NFL and the nation with their presence. I’m telling you anyone that’s had plenty of interactions with them will confirm it. It’s disgusting. And you should here the mental gymnastics they are doing as they try and talk themselves into thinking they’ll be fine without Ben. I’ve talked to more than a handful that just say they’ll be fine and that they have the culture of winning..... forgetting the fact that they went 25 years between HOF qb’s and super bowl wins. The problem is most of them in their mid 30’s or younger have no recollection of what life without a gold jacket qb is like. Havnt paid their dues consistently rooting for a team in the NFL’s middle class. They’ll learn soon enough. 

For me personally a Steelers loss is right up there with a pats loss. I can’t stand their fans that much. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I'm very happy it's the Cowboys and not the Bills.  Much rather play a 44 year old QB near the end of the season rather than the beginning.  It happened to Peyton Manning.  It happened to Drew Brees last year.  It's got to happen to Brady eventually, right?

Isn’t Big Ben at the end too? We’re probably going to get his best week one. With 4 out of 5 new OLmen I’m hoping to see 9 or 10 guys on the line of scrimmage from the Bills D early & often. Bring the heat Jimmy 🔥🔥 

Ricky not Jimmy 🤭😂

Major League reference 

53 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I would have just chalked it up to where I live, here in NW pa, but I’ve talked to numerous posters on here as well as other family members from other parts of the country and they all confirm they’re awful no matter where you are. 

they literally act as though the franchise, and they as fans, are gracing the NFL and the nation with their presence. I’m telling you anyone that’s had plenty of interactions with them will confirm it. It’s disgusting. And you should here the mental gymnastics they are doing as they try and talk themselves into thinking they’ll be fine without Ben. I’ve talked to more than a handful that just say they’ll be fine and that they have the culture of winning..... forgetting the fact that they went 25 years between HOF qb’s and super bowl wins. The problem is most of them in their mid 30’s or younger have no recollection of what life without a gold jacket qb is like. Havnt paid their dues consistently rooting for a team in the NFL’s middle class. They’ll learn soon enough. 

For me personally a Steelers loss is right up there with a pats loss. I can’t stand their fans that much. 

I knew they were passionate about their fanbase, I didn't know they were like that. I hate Pats fans. I wanted to punch a Pats fan in the face at a Bills game once. The dude sat right in front of me and every time the Pats got a first down, he stood up and did the first down sign but the way he did it was so cheesy and he would look at us most of the times he did it. I couldn't stand it

Edited by Buffalo03

I would’ve liked Bucs - Cheats.  Watch Brady destroy the Cheats and if lucky Mack Jones is in and has the worst rookie opening in the history of the NFL.  I’ll take hating with every fiber of my being the Cheats than Brady.

How much fun would it be waking up Friday and the Bucs beat the Cheats, 52-3, and not even close after the first series.  Brady drives down in 4 minutes, then a pick six and 14-0 by minute 10 of the 1st period.  Brady is out by halftime, and the backup keeps scoring.  You guys who go to parties have to take a sip of beer every first down for the Bucs.

Blaine freakin Gabbert scores 14 pts., then just for fun, Ryan Sinnett for 7, then Kyle freakin Trask for another 7.  That’s a home opener I’m open to watching.

Puts the whole BB plays chess while everyone else plays checkers to bed!

Edited by machine gun kelly

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I live in Erie as well, and concur. They are the pits. It wouldn't annoy me that much if most of the people my age (30s) wernt such bandwagoners. Growing up in the 90s I hardly knew any Steelers fans. I come back from the Marines in 2005 and the whole town is Steelers crazy.

On the flip side, its funny how Bills fans are now coming out of the woodwork in Erie. Wearing my bills stuff now I always get a, "go Bills!" like every single time. Before it was smart ass remarks like, "Oh, they still have a team?" I guess Erie is just a bandwagon kind of town.

Edited by Bferra13

3 hours ago, Irv said:

OK I get having the reigning champs with Brady on opening night.  But the Cowboys?   The Cowboys?  “America’s Team” is going to get rolled.  Should have been the Bills.   See you on closing night NFL when we are hoisting the Lombardi.  

Damn, you’re strange! 😳

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm glad it's not Bills @ Tampa.  Last season was the 1st time in 36 years I didn't attend at least 1 Bills game & I'm starved for live football.  I'd rather be able to go to the season & home opener at the stadium than watch a road game on TV. 

3 hours ago, Irv said:

OK I get having the reigning champs with Brady on opening night.  But the Cowboys?   The Cowboys?  “America’s Team” is going to get rolled.  Should have been the Bills.   See you on closing night NFL when we are hoisting the Lombardi.  

You get irritated far too easily.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Cowboys have a tremendous offense with Dak healthy. Should be a very exciting game.  I think it's a great opening game.

3 hours ago, DJB said:

When did some of this fan base become a bunch of whiny pansies? 

Some of you sound like Patriots fans. 

So many for so long. Everybody hates us, the league is out to get us, the schedulers hate us, the refs hate us, ranch, blue cheese.... , it's beyond ridiculous.  Someone complained about only having 4 prime time games this year. Crazy

• Thank you (+1) 2

I won't root for Brady, I despise the Cowboys, and I'm not a fan of Thursday night games. In short, opening day for me is Sunday when the Bills play.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Irv said:

LOL i'd rather not get beat by brady again opening night prime time.

• Haha (+1) 1