Irritated By NFL Opening Night Game

Irv

6 hours ago, Irv said:

OK I get having the reigning champs with Brady on opening night.  But the Cowboys?   The Cowboys?  “America’s Team” is going to get rolled.  Should have been the Bills.   See you on closing night NFL when we are hoisting the Lombardi.  

Mr. Weinstein, 

Dallas may win that game and then you get to listen to a week of "Is Dallas for real?"

Don't think it won't happen, potentially.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Irv said:

OK I get having the reigning champs with Brady on opening night.  But the Cowboys?   The Cowboys?  “America’s Team” is going to get rolled.  Should have been the Bills.   See you on closing night NFL when we are hoisting the Lombardi.  

It's a Thursday night game... Not really prime time game it's the "Every team has to play" game. They wouldn't waste that on Bills/Bucs.

It's a waste of ratings to do that.

Edited by TBBills
  • Disagree 1

I’m kind of happy our season opener is at home I’d much rather start the season with a W  ( not saying Steelers will be easy) or we would lose to the Bucs 

but just the thought of losing to Brady to start the season makes me want to 🤮 

Edited by Putin
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

For me personally a Steelers loss is right up there with a pats loss. I can’t stand their fans that much. 

That would be a good topic for another thread. Which fan bases we hate, and why. I hate Jags fans. It really started at the playoff game in Jacksonville a few years ago. Their fans were so freaking cocky and annoying.  That stupid Duuuuval cheer was highly annoying.  I have been at plenty away game losses in the past and their fans usually don’t annoy me that much. (Green Bay fans were gracious winners for example) But the Jag fans were arrogant for no reason. That team wasn’t even very good. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, RiotAct said:

hell, people have been saying that since 2013 or so.   “This year will be the year that Father Time catches up to him”.

Perhaps the deal that he signed with the devil, included a clause that allows him to play at this level until the day he dies.  He may be be out there at 65 still winning SuperBowls. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DJB said:

When did some of this fan base become a bunch of whiny pansies? 

Some of you sound like Patriots fans. 

Yep.  The whining about Bills prime time games ending so late is also getting old.

17 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Irv'?!  Reading the opening post, I could only think 'Andy Rooney'.

image.thumb.jpeg.d85fd13282d9915456e93c00ad762c9b.jpeg

"You know what bugs me?  People!"

I miss Andy.  He was a riot!

”Why is it that we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?  Isn’t that backwards?”

• Like (+1) 1

I am glad we have a 1 pm Sunday game for the home opener the Bills fans that get to go deserve it.

By mid December the geriatric Bucs will be all banged up and the Bills should roll over them :)

BTW I do hope the "Girls " get trashed 50-3 on opening night  :)

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That would be a good topic for another thread. Which fan bases we hate, and why. I hate Jags fans. It really started at the playoff game in Jacksonville a few years ago. Their fans were so freaking cocky and annoying.  That stupid Duuuuval cheer was highly annoying.  I have been at plenty away game losses in the past and their fans usually don’t annoy me that much. (Green Bay fans were gracious winners for example) But the Jag fans were arrogant for no reason. That team wasn’t even very good. 

I was at that playoff game. You aren’t wrong. I’ll give them a little slack though because they dealt with literally thousands of amped up bills fans trying to take over their town all weekend. I’m sure by game time they were fed up. 

I was also in lambeau back in 18 and you are correct about packers fans as well. Really cool experience. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Isn’t Big Ben at the end too? We’re probably going to get his best week one. With 4 out of 5 new OLmen I’m hoping to see 9 or 10 guys on the line of scrimmage from the Bills D early & often. Bring the heat Jimmy 🔥🔥 

Ricky not Jimmy 🤭😂

Major League reference 

Give them the heater Ricky....

I’m actually happy with our game. I like starting the season at 1pm. Not to mention I bought tickets and can’t wait. That wouldn’t have been able to happen if we traveled to Tampa on a Thursday. 

As for the Cowboys, it’s about time people realize they’re not going anywhere. They can be absolutely terrible and they’ll still be hyped and talked about every week. They’re a big name, like it or not, they’ll always be a big name. The NFL loves casual fans and they will always try to find ways to get them to tune in.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:24 AM, Buffalo03 said:

Are they really that bad?

One of my best friends is a steelers fan. He is a huge ***hole 

so yes

Also at the Stevie Johnson drop game when the Steelers nearly lost to a 1-9 Bills team, the amount of ***** talking Steelers fans gave me and my brother that day was absurd. Also that stupid towel is the dumbest thing in sports right after the train horn on 3rd down

On 5/15/2021 at 8:51 AM, Irv said:

Stop the whining... Jeez-- so what ?!?!  Who cares?!?! Whine about a bad call that changed a game. How do you know COwboys wont win... they were scoring a ton before Prescott got hurt. 

On 5/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, DJB said:

When did some of this fan base become a bunch of whiny pansies? 

Some of you sound like Patriots fans. 

Right... Correct ... Abso- freaking- lutely

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1