Irritated By NFL Opening Night Game

Irv

OK I get having the reigning champs with Brady on opening night.  But the Cowboys?   The Cowboys?  “America’s Team” is going to get rolled.  Should have been the Bills.   See you on closing night NFL when we are hoisting the Lombardi.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Irv said:

OK I get having the reigning champs with Brady on opening night.  But the Cowboys?   The Cowboys?  “America’s Team” is going to get rolled.  Should have been the Bills.   See you on closing night NFL when we are hoisting the Lombardi.  

Ill Be Damned Pulp Fiction GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I mean, whatever.... I’ll take the opportunity to crush an AFC playoff team in front of 70,000 rabid, football deprived fans. 

I also happen to live between buffalo and Pitt so I’ve grown up amongst those self righteous pricks of a fan base. Personally, I honestly can’t think of a better way for the season to start than letting them all in on the reality that their time has passed and they have no business thinking they can hang with the big dogs of the conference. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean, whatever.... I’ll take the opportunity to crush an AFC playoff team in front of 70,000 rabid, football deprived fans. 

I also happen to live between buffalo and Pitt so I’ve grown up amongst those self righteous pricks of a fan base. Personally, I honestly can’t think of a better way for the season to start than letting them all in on the reality that their time has passed and they have no business thinking they can hang with the big dogs of the conference. 

Agreed. It's almost a perfect opening day game for the bills I think.

If there is one thing that may be annoying is that Steelers fans travel well.  But besides that I love the matchup, time slot, and that it's at home .

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Agreed. It's almost a perfect opening day game for the bills I think.

If there is one thing that may be annoying is that Steelers fans travel well.  But besides that I love the matchup, time slot, and that it's at home .

I’ve been day dreaming about how quiet they are gonna be walking out of the stadium... I can’t put into words how much I can’t stand that fan base. A third straight win against them would just be so so SO perfect to start the season. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Irv said:

You couldn't have dropped this deuce into this existing thread?

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Are they really that bad?

37 minutes ago, Irv said:

1 minute ago, Jpsredemption said:

Should be annoyed with the Cowboys, Giants and Bears of the world where despite what their record was the prior year(s) they are constantly on primetime and it results in plenty of terrible and predictable games each year. 

These are the biggest markets in the league, lots of people watch whether or not they are good. You might not want to admit it, but Dallas is the most popular team in the league so yes they are going to get lots of prime time games. The league doesn’t care if they get blown out-they also have a great offense so they are entertaining to watch. It’s all about getting people to watch these prime time games, and the numbers back up the fact that when these teams are on in prime time people will watch 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, DJB said:

When did some of this fan base become a bunch of whiny pansies? 

Some of you sound like Patriots fans. 

Its always been this way....but it is just some, not all.  The "disrespect card" thing for the last two decades has been an ongoing narrative.  Win the SB and then you get opening night, don't whine when you are not chosen as the opponent.   The Cowboys have 5 night game, but they always do no matter if they are good or not.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm very happy it's the Cowboys and not the Bills.  Much rather play a 44 year old QB near the end of the season rather than the beginning.  It happened to Peyton Manning.  It happened to Drew Brees last year.  It's got to happen to Brady eventually, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, st pete gogolak said:

I'm very happy it's the Cowboys and not the Bills.  Much rather play a 44 year old QB near the end of the season rather than the beginning.  It happened to Peyton Manning.  It happened to Drew Brees last year.  It's got to happen to Brady eventually, right?

...Said everyone about 4 years ago.... 

• Agree 1