Questions for former players???

major

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well, the guy was probably the greatest Canadian football player ever. So, I can see why they would think that way. Obviously, he wasn't AS good in the NFL but he wasn't bad enough to deserve the hatred he gets from a lot of fans here. He was the best QB we had post Kelly up until Allen got here and honestly until Allen got here, Flutie made the games the most exciting. I finally feel that excitement again with Allen because he is an exciting player. Much better Obviously, but I'm hlad to know that excitement will be here a lot longer this time

I agree with you but some of the Flutie fan reactions were pretty over the top.in any case, one thing for sure is that Flut8e would've  have been sacked 6 times in the Titans game.

I’d ask Thurman Thomas if Flutie actually apologized for getting him destroyed when he got his ribs lit up trying to catch a ball 10 feet over his head across the middle, or if it was true that Flutie was only responsible if things went right and it was the team’s fault when things went wrong. 🤬 Flutie, he was a devisive piece of 💩 who divided the locker room and benefited from an all world defense. Belichick, as Jets DC, drew up the blueprint for the world to see how useless he was as a QB and it was game over for “the magic man”. 🤮 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

All kidding aside as we’ve fun with this one, Flutie would’ve won that game.  You can hate him, whatever, but our defense was punishing.  Ralph made the call we needed a guy with a big arm in that game, even though Flutie won us 10 that season.  He would’ve done just enough to win it.  The Rams had never faced a defense like us then.  We were better than just about any defense we’ve put up since I was a toddler in the mid 70’s.  

we couldve beat the daylights out in the old rules of Bruce and Holt, amd big old teddy Washington and Paul would’ve pummeled Faulk.

ralph screwed that team.  NFLR yesterday asked what coach did any team fire that screwed the team.  The answer beyond Chandler who would say Lou Saban and he’s right, but Wade.  You can say he’s folksy, but he kept the gang together when the stars were getting older.  We could’ve had one last ride had it not been for Ralph and the rob don johnson thing.

im not saying Flutie was the future as he wasn’t at all, but he could’ve helped in that game.

*****in' A, Bubba!

13 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I love Bruce but I agree with this. Bruce had 2 more career sacks than Reggie but Reggie played 15 years. Bruce played 19. It took Bruce playing 4 extra years to break that record. They are the two greatest defensive ends to ever play in my opinion but Reggie was slightly better

Reggie White was a homophobic racist, who never apologized (indeed, he doubled down in subsequent interviews) for his highly offensive speech to the Wisconsin legislature in March of 1998.  White benefited from playing in a 4-3 defense, while Bruce played in a 3-4 which left him double- and triple-teamed often.  Bruce was simply a better player on the field and a better man off the field than Reggie White. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Reggie White was a homophobic racist, who never apologized (indeed, he doubled down in subsequent interviews) for his highly offensive speech to the Wisconsin legislature in March of 1998.  White benefited from playing in a 4-3 defense, while Bruce played in a 3-4 which left him double- and triple-teamed often.  Bruce was simply a better player on the field and a better man off the field than Reggie White. 

I never heard anything of Reggie White being a homophobic racist. The speech thing that you're talking about is the first time I hae ever heard about it

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:58 AM, major said:

Which former player would you like to ask a question to? And what would that question be?

I’ll start: Ronnie Harmon. Question: why did you drop that pass in the afc divisional game agains the browns?🤔

That ones easy.....the "Drops Open Passes" option couldn't be purchased because Madden Football hadn't come out yet ;) 

I'd ask Rex Ryan how it felt stealing money from the Buffalo Bills.

23 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

All joking aside, I would like to know the detailed night life events of the key Bills players the night before our Super Bowls, with emphasis on the first 2.

I have always assumed our best players were somewhat hungover for those games and in no way fit to play their best game.

If only they could have saved the damned celebrating until the season was over.

I think they were probably in their hotel the night before the game. All the nights prior were the problem.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:09 AM, Buffalo03 said:

I love Bruce but I agree with this. Bruce had 2 more career sacks than Reggie but Reggie played 15 years. Bruce played 19. It took Bruce playing 4 extra years to break that record. They are the two greatest defensive ends to ever play in my opinion but Reggie was slightly better

Except the fact Bruce played in 3-4  vs White in 4-3 They were equal in my books 

On 5/15/2021 at 6:23 AM, H2o said:

Pull together the entire 1991 team/staff who were present at SB XXVI and ask which one of those ho's took Thurman's helmet?

It annoys me to no end that the helmet thing is met with so much humor and basically disregarded by Bills fans.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I never heard anything of Reggie White being a homophobic racist. The speech thing that you're talking about is the first time I hae ever heard about it

I'm not surprised.  The media largely buried the story, and scant mention was made of it when White passed away.  Contrast it with what they did to John Rocker, who made off-the-cuff comments and later apologized.  White's comments were written down, and he refused to apologize for any of it.  By any measure, Bruce > White.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

18 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not surprised.  The media largely buried the story, and scant mention was made of it when White passed away.  Contrast it with what they did to John Rocker, who made off-the-cuff comments and later apologized.  White's comments were written down, and he refused to apologize for any of it.  By any measure, Bruce > White.

Most likely it was buried because White cited God for his reasons, either way it was totally wrong on White's behalf and not acceptable in the very least. That said on the field Reggie could play inside or outside and had he played in the NFL as long as Bruce he'd have the sack record and even as a Bills fan say he was a more complete player than Bruce. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:09 AM, Buffalo03 said:

Deacon Jones belongs in this conversation too.