Bills preseason

Just now, msw2112 said:

A few quick hitters: 1) I do think there are 3, including Detroit; 2) Chicago is amazing in the summer - go if you can; I lived there for a long time; Solider Field is right on the lakefront 3) I, too, enjoy preseason.  I like seeing the rookies and UDFAs play and weighing in on who might make the team.  It's a different kind of interest than a regular season game, but enjoyable nonetheless.  How else would this board have material for discussions about 5th string running backs in the International Program?

Yes! I’m an idiot. I didn’t pay attention to the preseason schedule until today and when I pulled it up it only showed 2 for some reason. What’s with the nfc north tour in preseason? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe I did! I only saw two on the schedule I pulled up. 

The weird thing is the google search schedule and a couple others  I looked at were missing the Detroit game. I wondered if it might have been cancelled and I missed the news. Fortunately,  the Bills site had it.

• Like (+1) 1

Isaiah Hodgins, Marquez Stevenson, and Christian Wade are pry the three players I look forward to seeing the most.  We'll also get to see Fields and Love play.  Even Goff with the Lions should be entertaining.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

2003 Raiders at Bills. Tacky 19 yr old  Raiders fans in front of us poured beer on my dads head. Bills lost. Jerry Rice, etc. 

Wow! That is a long time. Hope you get to go to a regular season game in the near future.

• Thank you (+1) 1

A friend of mine offered me his tickets for the game at Chicago for face value. I live in the Chicago burbs, but I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle for preseason.

Soldier Field is a real pain in the a$$ on game days, it's not like The Ralph. Traffic is brutal, you can't park anywhere near the stadium, you need to pay $60 to park far away in an underground garage & take a shuttle bus.

I also don't think I'd wear Bills gear there if I take my sons. The last Bears game I went to was vs Jacksonville 2 years ago, there was a quiet & respectful Jags fan just sitting in his seat with his girlfriend, but had a group of 10+ drunk trashy stereotypical Da Bears idiots trying to fight him the whole game. It was really bad & went on for an hour, security didn't seem to care. When one of them eventually tried to swing on the guy after a Jags TD, they ended up kicking the Jags fan out instead of the trash. Unless you're in the real good seats, there's a lot of trashy people at the games who love to mess with opposing fans.

If you're staying downtown & don't have kids with you, it's worth it for sure though.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

A friend of mine offered me his tickets for the game at Chicago for face value. I live in the Chicago burbs, but I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle for preseason.

Soldier Field is a real pain in the a$$ on game days, it's not like The Ralph. Traffic is brutal, you can't park anywhere near the stadium, you need to pay $60 to park far away in an underground garage & take a shuttle bus.

I also don't think I'd wear Bills gear there if I take my sons. The last Bears game I went to was vs Jacksonville 2 years ago, there was a quiet & respectful Jags fan just sitting in his seat with his girlfriend, but had a group of 10+ drunk trashy stereotypical Da Bears idiots trying to fight him the whole game. It was really bad & went on for an hour, security didn't seem to care. When one of them eventually tried to swing on the guy after a Jags TD, they ended up kicking the Jags fan out instead of the trash. Unless you're in the real good seats, there's a lot of trashy people at the games who love to mess with opposing fans.

If you're staying downtown & don't have kids with you, it's worth it for sure though.

I’ll be staying downtown with kids ... hope preseason is a little tamer. My 9 year old wants to see a Bills game (solid parenting out of me obviously) but he also LOVES Justin Fields and we couldn’t go to any  Ohio state games last year because no fans allowed. Hope it’s an ok experience! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m thinking 2nd? Not sure. So weird not having the fake lions game 4th

It's great having the Packers in Buffalo but it'll be a shame if it's all UDFAs and guys who'll get cut.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m thinking 2nd? Not sure. So weird not having the fake lions game 4th

I would agree on the second with first and third being limited. Maybe we see a bit more in the first game than normal?   I would consider the Lions game as I’m not to far out. Just need some resolution on the border front. 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mitchell returning to Chicago should be interesting! I assume he will play a lot. Looking forward to seeing the rookies too. 

My bet is Trubisky one quarter with some of the starters, if that; then Fromm one half; and Webb one quarter to mop up (assuming he is still on the team). No Allen.