Bills preseason

People sleep on the pre season.

- it’s football for the first time in forever 

- it’s a good way to see young guys that you otherwise can’t see.

- It’s a chance to see your team where you won’t be miserable if they lose.
-if they win, all good

There are a lot of advantages.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 11

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

People sleep on the pre season.

- it’s football for the first time in forever 

- it’s a good way to see young guys that you otherwise can’t see.

- It’s a chance to see your team where you won’t be miserable if they lose.
-if they win, all good

There are a lot of advantages.

For me I have a hard time getting to any regular season Sunday games due to work. Saturday afternoon in preseason, before the college season starts up, is perfect.  The rest of the season is nfl ticket in my living room or patio 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not to mention that some of these players you won’t see again for the rest of the year because this team is so stacked

Mitchell returning to Chicago should be interesting! I assume he will play a lot. Looking forward to seeing the rookies too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For me I have a hard time getting to any regular season Sunday games due to work. Saturday afternoon in preseason, before the college season starts up, is perfect.  The rest of the season is nfl ticket in my living room or patio 

Yes. We need you to remain focused on your work of keeping us up to date for everything Bills related! :)

Have a great time! I’ll be in Chicago for a wedding the Friday before the opener. Look forward to seeing a very cool city I haven’t been to in decades. I think the reception is on some boat cruising the river. Hope to fly into Buffalo Saturday for the opener, but it cuts my annual pilgrimage a bit short.  

Get your fix where you can, YOLO!  You deserve it! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes. We need you to remain focused on your work of keeping us up to date for everything Bills related! :)

Have a great time! I’ll be in Chicago for a wedding the Friday before the opener. Look forward to seeing a very cool city I haven’t been to in decades. I think the reception is on some boat cruising the river. Hope to fly into Buffalo Saturday for the opener, but it cuts my annual pilgrimage a bit short.  

Get your fix where you can, YOLO!  You deserve it! 

Yes Chicago is amazing especially in the summer. Should be a great weekend!!

38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Why waste money on a preseason game, unless, of course, you have friends in the Chitown area.

Preseason games are fun, ya get to see the underdogs work it,  builds the anticipation for the regular season, some grumpy fans just can’t accept this... 😁👍

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm hoping Fromm has a strong showing!

See what I’m sayin, 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm hoping Fromm has a strong showing!

Maybe they can put him in the game at the end to lead the Bills to a dramatic 4th qtr preseason  win vs the Bears a la AJ Mccarron and Beane can flip him for a 5th 

• Like (+1) 2

I used to take my family to preseason games for the actual games were too crazy.

I was lucky some friends had front row seats in section 219 and the kids would not have someone standing in front of them all game.

Heat is usually less at night than during opener.  One opener I got heat stroke and they were out of water. My brother finally convinced them to give him some ice to cool me down.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes Chicago is amazing especially in the summer. Should be a great weekend!!

Wife tells me the reception is on the four story Chicago Odyssey River Cruise while we are staying at the Hyatt Regency on the River Walk.

https://www.cityexperiences.com/chicago/city-cruises/

My last trip to Chicago was during college. We drove into town and learned the guy we were staying with could party until the sun came up. We literally spent the first night sleeping on the sidewalk outside the van waiting for him to stumble home. Still, a GREAT city in the summer.

I’m thinking this time might be better. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

A few quick hitters: 1) I do think there are 3, including Detroit; 2) Chicago is amazing in the summer - go if you can; I lived there for a long time; Solider Field is right on the lakefront 3) I, too, enjoy preseason.  I like seeing the rookies and UDFAs play and weighing in on who might make the team.  It's a different kind of interest than a regular season game, but enjoyable nonetheless.  How else would this board have material for discussions about 5th string running backs in the International Program?

• Agree 1