Kelvin Benjamin Alert: Tryout with Giants [Edit: signed as TE]

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When an employee gets hammered every night for his first two years on the job while being hurt off and on during that time and half a**ing it in practice..... as an employer, would you seek to extend said employees contract?  No, you wouldn’t.  Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.  Most bosses would fire said employee.  We actually got something for him.

Wait,  let me guess the player: 

1) Bruce Smith?   Yes.   Extend him.  He'll get a multi-game suspension for the cocaine and pass out drunk at a few stop signs and in a TV interview but we'll call it "sleep apnea".    It's gonna' work out.  He's going to be pretty good.

2) Or is it Kelvin Benjamin?    No.   Cut him in camp.......save the $9M.    He's gonna' refuse to work and give up on plays in games and make your process look like a sham until you can quietly release him on a day when the media is off.

3) If it's Sammy........don't be dumb........just pick up the unguaranteed option.........then if you decide that you want to trade him the acquiring team has an extra option year of control.    Trading players in their walk year drastically reduces the return.   In 2017 the 5th year option is a big value add situation for teams.   

At the very least they should have come out of that 2017 spring/summer with a couple first rounders for Gilmore and Watkins.

And like I said..........people who accept losing accepted the idiotic "he didn't want to be here" mantra.

Young Jim Kelly vocalized his disgust at the thought of living in Buffalo.    Bruce Smith signed a free agent contract with Denver.    There is no Super Bowl era without those two HOF'ers.   When you let the players decide where they want to play you handicap yourself by wasting the league shared advantage of player control.     

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well now my feelings are hurt.

6 barbers from Coming to America?  I bet you think Rocky Marciano was better than Cassius Clay.

I literally own this jacket.   I will be wearing it at the home opener........provided I avoid a traffic accident......to scare @Stank_Nasty

dae75710-5b79-4f8e-8394-2ac988ccdd15_1.3

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I still have Ali.  He beat everyone, he lost, but he beat all the big timers in his era.  There wasn't much competition for Jack Johnson IMO....I don't even think they had weight classes in his era.

I was being facetious

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wait,  let me guess the player: 

1) Bruce Smith?   Yes.   Extend him.  He'll get a multi-game suspension for the cocaine and pass out drunk at a few stop signs and in a TV interview but we'll call it "sleep apnea".    It's gonna' work out.  He's going to be pretty good.

2) Or is it Kelvin Benjamin?    No.   Cut him in camp.......save the $9M.    He's gonna' refuse to work and give up on plays in games and make your process look like a sham until you can quietly release him on a day when the media is off.

3) If it's Sammy........don't be dumb........just pick up the unguaranteed option.........then if you decide that you want to trade him the acquiring team has an extra option year of control.    Trading players in their walk year drastically reduces the return.   In 2017 the 5th year option is a big value add situation for teams.   

At the very least they should have come out of that 2017 spring/summer with a couple first rounders for Gilmore and Watkins.

And like I said..........people who accept losing accepted the idiotic "he didn't want to be here" mantra.

Young Jim Kelly vocalized his disgust at the thought of living in Buffalo.    Bruce Smith signed a free agent contract with Denver.    There is no Super Bowl era without those two HOF'ers.   When you let the players decide where they want to play you handicap yourself by wasting the league shared advantage of player control.     

you’re comparing completely different situations, but that’s what you have to do in order to say “I told you so”.   You’re comparing a USFL phenom QB in 1983 to a free agent Cb and WR playing for a new coach and GM looking to add their own players.  Not the same situation in the slightest.....but feel free to compare them because they didn’t want to play in Buffalo. 

Comparing Bruce Smith snorting coke in the 80’s to Sammy watkins staying up late every night getting obliterated because he was depressed while talking to aliens. Not the same.....but compare them and try and fit the square peg into the round hole.

What exactly is your point?  
1). That Beane should’ve gotten more from letting Gilmore, Watkins and Woods go?  
2). That Beane made mistakes.....like every other person on earth?  

3).  To educate the lowly earthlings?  
4).  To tell everyone “I told you so”?

We all know the answer.  

21 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

The Giants’ brain trust has apparently decided to re-envision the TE position. No longer will the TE position require blocking or pass catching! 

Lol, wonder how bad their other TE's are for this to even be considered.....

31 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

The Giants’ brain trust has apparently decided to re-envision the TE position. No longer will the TE position require blocking or pass catching! 

Looking forward to KB hustling back onside when the Army Ants are running the two minute offense...maybe as a TE, he won't be too far downfield. 🤣

Perhaps we will  see a new and improved Benjamin, but I am not holding my breath.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Couple big fallacies with that logic.  You don't know that...

- another receiver couldn't have made those catches.

- his lack of work ethic and professionalism didn't keep us from being even more competitive.

You can deal with "what ifs" and abstracts if you like. I'll stick with reality, with facts. The reality, the fact, is this: Kelvin Benjamin made plays that helped the Bills win an important football game. That happened. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

You can deal with "what ifs" and abstracts if you like. I'll stick with reality, with facts. The reality, the fact, is this: Kelvin Benjamin made plays that helped the Bills win an important football game. That happened. 

Very true, he did for that game and also was ok that season. Another reason why it was so frustrating how awful he was the following season. While he was a big part of helping break the drought, he certainly didn't help with much of anything after that unfortunately.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Very true, he did for that game and also was ok that season. Another reason why it was so frustrating how awful he was the following season. While he was a big part of helping break the drought, he certainly didn't help with much of anything after that unfortunately.

This happens a lot in NFL. A player plays well, had a really off off-season and then does not perform well.

Sometimes this happens after a new contract and the drive is gone.  

This is why IMO contracts should not be guaranteed in NFL.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well now my feelings are hurt.

6 barbers from Coming to America?  I bet you think Rocky Marciano was better than Cassius Clay.

It was Joe Louis and Eddie at 80 says Joe Louis was 143 yrs. old when they fought.

Love that scene.

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Wasnt Benjamin the #1 WR in 2018?  And murphy started 9 games for buffalo and was coming off a 2019 playoff game where he played pretty well all things considered.  Cap space is nice but you have to replace the player too so you don't really see the full savings anyway.  Not to mention in 2020 Buffalo was a contender, you don't make as many decisions with the future in mind.  

Yes, sadly, he was 

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Looking forward to KB hustling back onside when the Army Ants are running the two minute offense...maybe as a TE, he won't be too far downfield. 🤣

Perhaps we will  see a new and improved Benjamin, but I am not holding my breath.

Nice post about Kelvins hustle (/)

The Giants reek of the Rex Ryan method of building that Team of Pros.

NOT a good look for NYG management.  

is there vomit emote i could borrow about this whole situation?

ps

God Bless Kelvin and his Family for real though 🙂

• Vomit 1