Kelvin Benjamin Alert: Tryout with Giants [Edit: signed as TE]

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

you’re comparing completely different situations, but that’s what you have to do in order to say “I told you so”.   You’re comparing a USFL phenom QB in 1983 to a free agent Cb and WR playing for a new coach and GM looking to add their own players.  Not the same situation in the slightest.....but feel free to compare them because they didn’t want to play in Buffalo. 

Comparing Bruce Smith snorting coke in the 80’s to Sammy watkins staying up late every night getting obliterated because he was depressed while talking to aliens. Not the same.....but compare them and try and fit the square peg into the round hole.

What exactly is your point?  
1). That Beane should’ve gotten more from letting Gilmore, Watkins and Woods go?  
2). That Beane made mistakes.....like every other person on earth?  

3).  To educate the lowly earthlings?  
4).  To tell everyone “I told you so”?

We all know the answer.  

My point was the original post.  

That the guy who was the subject of the thread was part of a run of bad decisions by a rookie HC and then a rookie GM that did not have much experience as a personnel man.

You were the one arguing with flimsy excuses.

I chose Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith as players who tried to avoid and leave Buffalo because they are arguably the two greatest players in team history and without them the SB era doesn't happen.

But the "he didn't want to be here" excuse extends to a LONG list of good to great players that the Bills indulged their want to leave......during "the drought"........... for nothing or far less than they should have netted.......Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, Willis McGahee, Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch just to name the ones who were in their primes only.

• Like (+1) 1

Well his body should be well rested and seeing as he has never really had speed this just might be a good change for him & we know he can use his size to box people out on those catches who knows this could be another Jason Peters type story in the making ...

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...