Kelvin Benjamin Alert: Tryout with Giants [Edit: signed as TE]

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who? 

The guy Zay Jones had to point to where he should line up. I wonder if by now they could point toward the center on D and he could play the 1Tech and command double teams. Worth a shot?  🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Dude was drafted in 2014.  Feels like he’s older than that.

Funny how these guys try and make a comeback after flaming out.  
Looking for a payday.  Usually rooot for the underdog, but not this guy.  Something about his complete laziness.

Football players get paid to play football, is it that a negative to try to earn money at your profession?

11 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I think his response went right over your head. Haha. The point is...who cares?  Haha

and i think his response just went over your head.

11 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Who cares?  Good for him...he has the right to work. 

Right? Yeesh. Only he knows the what and why behind his burnout in the league. I think I recall reading he's had some mental health struggles in the past so that could be it. Good for him, just as you said. Maybe he's in good shape and he catches on somewhere. I think the solid rookie season he had may have put him into cruise control. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Football players get paid to play football, is it that a negative to try to earn money at your profession?

and i think his response just went over your head.

Eh...I don’t think so, but thanks...

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Right? Yeesh. Only he knows the what and why behind his burnout in the league. I think I recall reading he's had some mental health struggles in the past so that could be it. Good for him, just as you said. Maybe he's in good shape and he catches on somewhere. I think the solid rookie season he had may have put him into cruise control. 

"Catch" is probably not a verb you want to put a lot of hope in, when discussing Kelvin Benjamin!

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Popeyes came through! 

Makes sense to me.

Always thought that is what the Bills should have done with him. He probably didn't want to, but maybe a few years of unemployment convinced him it was a good idea?

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

And look where we are now.

every GM makes mistakes.  Every single one.  Not every GM goes from 19 year playoff drought to playoffs in 3 of his 4 years.

Not every fan cries and whines about mistakes made years ago on a daily basis.  Especially fans of teams that are universally dubbed a top 3-4 team in the league.  

Saying I told you so about mistakes a GM made....while said GM completely turns around the franchise from laughing stock of the league over for 20 years to an elite football team. 🙄

Every GM makes mistakes...........exactly!     Lot's of them.   Beane is no different.   A mocking thread about Kelvin Benjamin.......which I did not start, mind you....... was just a good opportunity to remind people of that.    If you mock KB........you mock Beane's decision to trade for him whether you intend to or not.

Crying and whining are physical acts.   I do neither.   It's all entertainment to me.    It might be different for you emotionally....... in self imposed exile from Bills country......living in Vegas because you don't like Buffalo weather..........and then spending all of your free time inside on the internet anyway.    Maybe that makes you cry and whine while you are posting on a Bills message board.

As for Beane turning the franchise around..........I agree with that........he got the team a franchise QB.   "Completely turned around"?    That phrasing is an exaggeration.  They weren't a perennial 3-13 team,  they were a mediocre franchise whose re-builds kept failing mainly because they didn't get a franchise QB.     I like Beane,   I think he's drafted well in round 1 particularly but he has also made a lot of mistakes.    The roster isn't so good that any QB would do.   Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen and we are LIKELY talking about our new GM this offseason instead of how great Beane is.   

I thought he did a pretty decent job this offseason..........despite your whining to the contrary about not getting this and that.........but the reality is that he had limited resources because he had a REALLY poor start mis-managing the salary cap with a lot of bad pro personnel choices like Kelvin Benjamin.    And it is a bit :rolleyes: hearing him talk about how he doesn't want the team to get back in the salary cap mess they "inherited" when McDermott took over a team with $40M in cap space and basically all he and Whaley did was decide to hold onto the $15M bridge QB and pick up two great bargain UFA's in Hyde and Poyer.    A lot of that "cap hell" talk from Beane is VERY self-serving...........they are in a bigger hole now with a QB on a rookie contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Every GM makes mistakes...........exactly!     Lot's of them.   Beane is no different.   A mocking thread about Kelvin Benjamin.......which I did not start, mind you....... was just a good opportunity to remind people of that.    If you mock KB........you mock Beane's decision to trade for him whether you intend to or not.

Crying and whining are physical acts.   I do neither.   It's all entertainment to me.    It might be different for you emotionally....... in self imposed exile from Bills country......living in Vegas because you don't like Buffalo weather..........and then spending all of your free time inside on the internet anyway.    Maybe that makes you cry and whine while you are posting on a Bills message board.

As for Beane turning the franchise around..........I agree with that........he got the team a franchise QB.   "Completely turned around"?    That phrasing is an exaggeration.  They weren't a perennial 3-13 team,  they were a mediocre franchise whose re-builds kept failing mainly because they didn't get a franchise QB.     I like Beane,   I think he's drafted well in round 1 particularly but he has also made a lot of mistakes.    The roster isn't so good that any QB would do.   Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen and we are LIKELY talking about our new GM this offseason instead of how great Beane is.   

I thought he did a pretty decent job this offseason..........despite your whining to the contrary about not getting this and that.........but the reality is that he had limited resources because he had a REALLY poor start mis-managing the salary cap with a lot of bad pro personnel choices like Kelvin Benjamin.    And it is a bit :rolleyes: hearing him talk about how he doesn't want the team to get back in the salary cap mess they "inherited" when McDermott took over a team with $40M in cap space and basically all he and Whaley did was decide to hold onto the $15M bridge QB and pick up two great bargain UFA's in Hyde and Poyer.    A lot of that "cap hell" talk from Beane is VERY self-serving...........they are in a bigger hole now with a QB on a rookie contract.

Sport Fish GIF by Outside TVAnd yes.  I moved to Vegas because I don’t like the Buffalo weather.  It’s depressing to many.  And yes, I often use the internet in my free time.  I work outside, usually walking between 10-15 miles a day over the course of 12 hours.  My tan is pretty sweet.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sport Fish GIF by Outside TVAnd yes.  I moved to Vegas because I don’t like the Buffalo weather.  It’s depressing to many.  And yes, I often use the internet in my free time.  I work outside, usually walking between 10-15 miles a day over the course of 12 hours.  My tan is pretty sweet.

Not everyone gets depressed about things they know they have no control over.........like the weather..........or their favorite pro football team.   I feel sorry for the "many"........it's an unfortunate affliction for sure........but don't lump me in with you nut jobs.  😉   Honestly discussing the nuances of your hobby is not always a cry for help.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You may not have control over the weather, but you have control over where you live. Pretty simple point a child could grasp.  Enjoy that control and the environment that makes you happy. Ignore those who want to give you grief over that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not everyone gets depressed about things they know they have no control over.........like the weather..........or their favorite pro football team.   I feel sorry for the "many"........it's an unfortunate affliction for sure........but don't lump me in with you nut jobs.  😉   Honestly discussing the nuances of your hobby is not always a cry for help.

Some people don’t have control over it.  I did.  I got the **** out of upstate NY a couple weeks after graduating college.  

Lots of buffalonians in Vegas and the west coast.  Many moved because they enjoy living in a comfortable climate.  Many moved for financial opportunity. Many moved because of the boats and hoes.  I moved for all 3.  Other than proposing to my wife, it was the best decision I’ve ever made.  

I’m an open book.  Nothing to hide.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and I need a bigger sleeve.

I just find it strange that someone that doesn’t care nearly as much about the Bills as I do, can be relegated to bringing up the same bad transactions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....years later.  Knowing that every GM makes several mistakes.....you still continue to harp on the same transactions from years ago just to try and back up an argument that you had years ago.  

Somehow, a Kelvin Benjamin tries out with the Giants thread = “time to let everyone know that Beane screwed that one up and I said so when it happened”.  

Animated GIF

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Some people don’t have control over it.  I did.  I got the **** out of upstate NY a couple weeks after graduating college.  

Lots of buffalonians in Vegas and the west coast.  Many moved because they enjoy living in a comfortable climate.  Many moved for financial opportunity. Many moved because of the boats and hoes.  I moved for all 3.  Other than proposing to my wife, it was the best decision I’ve ever made.  

I’m an open book.  Nothing to hide.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and I need a bigger sleeve.

I just find it strange that someone that doesn’t care nearly as much about the Bills as I do, can be relegated to bringing up the same bad transactions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....years later.  Knowing that every GM makes several mistakes.....you still continue to harp on the same transactions from years ago just to try and back up an argument that you had years ago.  

Somehow, a Kelvin Benjamin tries out with the Giants thread = “time to let everyone know that Beane screwed that one up and I said so when it happened”.  

Animated GIF

Not sure having overwhelming anxiety about something is proof that you care more about it than someone else.   

For me,  being a Bills fan is a whole culture thing.  Don't get me wrong I love visiting Vegas and nice weather too.   But I live here and I go out of my way to financially support the team to promote it's existence.  I go to every game(including preseason games) etc..   I have had fans who are on TSW and live in the area criticize me for not caring or being as loyal as them........like @Stank_Nasty for example......... and then hear them say they weren't going to a game in November because the Bills were out of contention and the weather wasn't nice or they had leaves to rake. :lol:

People create their own narratives about how big of a fan they are. 

Your anxiety proves to you that you care..........it also causes you to be upset about discussion certain aspects of the team that do not bother me at all.  

Being invested in the area, team success, culture and fans does it for me.   Having so many aspects of entertainment probably helps relieve anxiety.  There isn't that finality like when you are just watching the game on TV somewhere.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not sure having overwhelming anxiety about something is proof that you care more about it than someone else.   

For me,  being a Bills fan is a whole culture thing.  Don't get me wrong I love visiting Vegas and nice weather too.   But I live here and I go out of my way to financially support the team to promote it's existence.  I go to every game(including preseason games) etc..   I have had fans who are on TSW and live in the area criticize me for not caring or being as loyal as them........like @Stank_Nasty for example......... and then hear them say they weren't going to a game in November because the Bills were out of contention and the weather wasn't nice or they had leaves to rake. :lol:

Your anxiety proves to you that you care..........it also causes you to be upset about discussion certain aspects of the team that do not bother me at all.  

Being invested in the area, team success, culture and fans does it for me.   Having so many aspects of entertainment probably helps relieve anxiety.  There isn't that finality like when you are just watching the game on TV somewhere.    

Oh look. Badol getting in a pissing match about fanhood and full page of passive aggressive pot shots. In other news water is wet and I saw the sun come out of the East this morning.  I hope to see you at the opener.... would be a shame if you got nailed by oncoming traffic before then. 

I enjoyed the 2 years without any interactions. If you’re good with more of that then so am I. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

You may not have control over the weather, but you have control over where you live. Pretty simple point a child could grasp.  Enjoy that control and the environment that makes you happy. Ignore those who want to give you grief over that. 

Thanks for the positive reinforcement my friend.  

Children can grasp the idea, but some adults get triggered and feel the need to strike when they find themselves on the defensive.  

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Big different between having anxiety during a football game and overwhelming anxiety. Most fans that care, have at least a bit of anxiety when watching their teams play.  Did you not have anxiety watching the final play of the AZ game this year?   Of course you did.  I did.....but I certainly wasn’t overwhelmed by it.  I laughed out loud sent a couple texts and kicked it with my wife. 

I watch the game every week with a 50-100 bills fans at a Bills bar.  The same hardcore core fans get there @ 7am for a 10am start. The same bartenders.  The same bills shout song after every TD.  While I’d rather be @ the game each week, this is the next best thing and has me invested in the team success and the fans.  It does it for me too, minus the cold and dreary weather.  Plus several other aspects of entertainment beyond that.  The game ends at 1:30pm.  I have an entire day to enjoy, win or lose.

It seems as if your entertainment is repeating the same things you’ve said 1000 times in a message board.  I’m sure there’s more, but it is baffling, considering that certain aspects of the team don’t bother you at all.....yet you love to live in the past and harp on the mistakes that our NFL executive of the year GM Brandon Beane has made.  Over.  And over. And over.  

Why do you feel the harp on Beanes handling of Dareus, Watkins, KB, Gilmore, gillislee, mccoy etc every time that they are brought up?  It’s like clockwork.  Everyone knows it’s coming.  Yet, you’re only invested in the area, the teams success and the fans.....and discounting our executive of the years bad moves of the past. Why do you do it?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, klos63 said:

Don’t hold it against any NFL player for getting paid.  I know I can’t do what they do.

This guy though?  If he comes back and is productive and becomes a team player?  Great.  Don’t believe he can.  He may make a PS,  but once he gets a paycheck he will flame out again.  

Can’t stand lazy people.  In pro sports or those who work with me.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Thanks for the positive reinforcement my friend.  

Children can grasp the idea, but some adults get triggered and feel the need to strike when they find themselves on the defensive.  

Big different between having anxiety during a football game and overwhelming anxiety. Most fans that care, have at least a bit of anxiety when watching their teams play.  Did you not have anxiety watching the final play of the AZ game this year?   Of course you did.  I did.....but I certainly wasn’t overwhelmed by it.  I laughed out loud sent a couple texts and kicked it with my wife. 

I watch the game every week with a 50-100 bills fans at a Bills bar.  The same hardcore core fans get there @ 7am for a 10am start. The same bartenders.  The same bills shout song after every TD.  While I’d rather be @ the game each week, this is the next best thing and has me invested in the team success and the fans.  It does it for me too, minus the cold and dreary weather.  Plus several other aspects of entertainment beyond that.  The game ends at 1:30pm.  I have an entire day to enjoy, win or lose.

It seems as if your entertainment is repeating the same things you’ve said 1000 times in a message board.  I’m sure there’s more, but it is baffling, considering that certain aspects of the team don’t bother you at all.....yet you love to live in the past and harp on the mistakes that our NFL executive of the year GM Brandon Beane has made.  Over.  And over. And over.  

Why do you feel the harp on Beanes handling of Dareus, Watkins, KB, Gilmore, gillislee, mccoy etc every time that they are brought up?  It’s like clockwork.  Everyone knows it’s coming.  Yet, you’re only invested in the area, the teams success and the fans.....and discounting our executive of the years bad moves of the past. Why do you do it?  

I see making fun of your "I hate the weather in WNY it makes me depressed...... but then I spend all my free time inside on a computer anyway" has been turned into a referendum on moving away from WNY.    If that's what you guys want to do have at it.    Work out your weird guilt or whatever it is but don't put that on me.  I have a house in southwest Florida........but I don't own it for mental health reasons........you can like perfect weather without a prescription.

As for me bringing up the past.........maybe you're right and one can't learn anything of value or gain a better perspective from understanding the past.   Didn't MLK say that?   That conveniently allows you to be oblivious to why your GM isn't throwing money at what you perceive are big problems and complain about it incessantly all offseason like he has a magic wand to create cap room.    Not caring about the past also allows you to be willfully ignorant to 25+ years of data and deviate from the obvious with a take like "maybe we should draft a RB in round 1".  :lol: 

Maybe the salt life just made you too salty but if you go into a thread about Marcel Dareus or Kelvin Benjamin or whatever........here's a tip.........expect the past to be brought up.   They are figures from the Bills past.    Children can grasp that idea.   Right?