Kelvin Benjamin Alert: Tryout with Giants [Edit: signed as TE]

Well, he won’t have to be afraid of catch passes from Josh...

Another Brandon Beane gem.:devil:

55% of KB's career earnings came from the roughly one season he spent in Buffalo between being traded-for and quietly cut at midseason in 2018.

That first $120M in cap space Beane used to acquire new veteran personnel for his re-build went entirely down the drain.........the worst stretch of spending in Bills history.   12 months of all misses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought only rookies and players without an accrued season were eligible.  Huh.

But did he really ever "play" a full season?  Seemed like the kid in phys-ed who got tired easily and only did enough to get a passing grade (get his paycheck).

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

But did he really ever "play" a full season?  Seemed like the kid in phys-ed who got tired easily and only did enough to get a passing grade (get his paycheck).

That's what he had become by the time he was in Buffalo.

His rookie and 3rd year he played in 16 games.  One 1000 yd season and one close (941 yds).   

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Raid that’s funny as I had a kid in flag when my boys were little and the poor kid couldn’t catch, run or pretty much do anything as my guys were 5 and 7.  We had to put him at center and have him two sneak calls so he could get the ball.  This boys parents would pack donuts in his go bag for the games, And he would have some between every series.

I blame the parents for that poor kid.  He was destined for diabetes.

I often don't understand how people can dislike players they don't even know. But the vitriol for Kelvin Benjamin, long removed from Buffalo, is deserved. 

Laziest receiver I've ever seen. Guy would give up on routes, and not even attempt to tackle a defender after he gave up an interception. To have that kind of skill, and paycheck, and act that way on national TV is something I just can't understand. No idea what McBeane saw in this fatso. 

• Agree 2

Taken from tylerbillsfan33's scouting report:

"Kelvin Benjamin was a good wide receiver coming out of Florida State.  He was a big target and helped his QB in college and the NFL. He was big and tall and could catch the ball well.  He was drafted in the same year as Sammy Watkins and OBJ.  They were good in college also.  They all played in the NFL and Kelvin Benjamin played for Carolina and the Bills.  Brandon Beane was the Assistant GM with Carolina and knew of Benjamin.  Beane also knew Watkins. So Kelvin Benjamin played in the NFL and was a big target. What say you?"

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Note how Bills fans now laugh at his name.

It was all a bit different the day they announced we had signed him, and the same laughers assured us he was a great player.