Chiefs Staying Busy: Trade for Vikings Former 1st Round Pick (2018) CB Mike Hughes

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-trade-for-vikings-cb-mike-hughes

Apparently injury-riddled his first three seasons with Minnesota. Chiefs only swapped a 6th for a 7th and Hughes. Player was probably on his way to not making the team, I'm guessing? 

Whether or not this particular player pans out, that KC front office is really turning over its roster this offseason. Or, are we just more attentive to what they do, being our current nemesis?

You could argue the Bills still need more CB depth/competition, and should have/could have been in on a move like this one. I don't want to, but I am surprised no one else has yet...

(I'll bet Hughes isn't exactly cheap for an unproven, largely unavailable-to-date young corner. Could be a good reason NOT to trade for him.)

Edited by Richard Noggin
Words and ideas

This is likely why - availability.

January 3, 2020: Minnesota Vikings placed CB Mike Hughes on IR.

July 26, 2019: Minnesota Vikings placed DB Mike Hughes on the physically unable to perform list.

October 16, 2018: Minnesota Vikings placed DB Mike Hughes on IR.

• Like (+1) 1

You prefer to keep our CBs as they are or you prefer we add someone?

If there’s one move we can’t afford to make this offseason, it’s trade Jerry Hughes.  Trading him makes us worse.  he’s our best pass rusher BY FAAAAAAR

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This type of player aquisition is a Chiefs staple.

they LOVE going after failed 1st round draft picks and seeing if they got something.  

Taco Charlton

Ogbah

DeAndre Baker

Cam Erving

Hughes

Sean Lee

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but KC brings these guys in as depth pieces.  They don't cost much.   Sometimes you get something out of them.  Ogbah had 8 sacks in KC, Cam Erving started all over the line as a fill in for a Super Bowl winning team.  

Sean Lee completely sucked.

it doesn't always work..but low risk high reward types.

17 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

This type of player aquisition is a Chiefs staple.

they LOVE going after failed 1st round draft picks and seeing if they got something.  

Taco Charlton

Ogbah

DeAndre Baker

Cam Erving

Hughes

Sean Lee

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but KC brings these guys in as depth pieces.  They don't cost much.   Sometimes you get something out of them.  Ogbah had 8 sacks in KC, Cam Erving started all over the line as a fill in for a Super Bowl winning team.  

Sean Lee completely sucked.

it doesn't always work..but low risk high reward types.

I think you mean Darron Lee, not Sean Lee....

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kwai San said:

I was gonna say.....no way Sean.....Sean was good and played for the cowpokies only.....

Yea he just retired didn't he this offseason? It was Darron he meant. Who was on the Bills PS last year for a spell. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

This is likely why - availability.

January 3, 2020: Minnesota Vikings placed CB Mike Hughes on IR.

July 26, 2019: Minnesota Vikings placed DB Mike Hughes on the physically unable to perform list.

October 16, 2018: Minnesota Vikings placed DB Mike Hughes on IR.

Yup...the ability McBeane covets most in a player is availability

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If we would’ve done this people would’ve complained that we sign an injury Riddle player when we should be improving the position just a guess

Yeah, I think Corey Coleman is a good example of people thinking our GM was making a poor choice.