Dead and Company announce summer tour, including four shows in New York state

Logic

only possible dissent i saw was with the Dear Jerry Show at Merryweather...the core 4 were all there with their various side projects, they all joined each other on stage with their sets at some point EXCEPT for Phil, thought it was weird, but then a few weeks later they were at Fare Thee Well together....who knows.  I am glad they all seem to be showing up at Terrapin to play at various times

51 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Yeah, I remember hearing that he didn't join Dead & Co because he didn't want to tour, but he was OK with the others touring under the name. Bob has joined him for a few select Phil & Friends shows, so that would suggest they're still on good terms. I'm glad about that - with all their shared history, it'd be a shame to have bad blood between them.

Welp...

Was into the ticket-buying screen ONE MINUTE after ticket sales opened up for the Hollywood Bowl shows. All that was available was "verified re-sale" and "platinum" tickets for hundreds of dollars over face value.

I know it's not a new revelation that Ticketmaster is a heinous, disgusting organization, but what I want to know is...how do they get away with it year after year? It's just amazing that there hasn't been any intervention to stop this obvious monopoly and their obviously unfair business practices.

Sorry. Done venting. Happy for anyone that got tickets. Seems like many/most east coast shows were no problem at all. Just so frustrated that there often is no chance in hell of actual humans beating out re-sale robots and acquiring face value concert tickets. It gets so damned old.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

Welp...

Was into the ticket-buying screen ONE MINUTE after ticket sales opened up for the Hollywood Bowl shows. All that was available was "verified re-sale" and "platinum" tickets for hundreds of dollars over face value.

I know it's not a new revelation that Ticketmaster is a heinous, disgusting organization, but what I want to know is...how do they get away with it year after year? It's just amazing that there hasn't been any intervention to stop this obvious monopoly and their obviously unfair business practices.

Sorry. Done venting. Happy for anyone that got tickets. Seems like many/most east coast shows were no problem at all. Just so frustrated that there often is no chance in hell of actual humans beating out re-sale robots and acquiring face value concert tickets. It gets so damned old.

The simple solution is Incapsula to stop the bots/programs but I'd have to wonder if they avoid it because they know everything will sell to Someone, sometimes like you said, immediately. 

8 minutes ago, T&C said:

Yeah. I got lawn seats for the San Diego show very easily. Face value, same cost as the Tampa show. There are STILL a bunch of available.

In fact, generally speaking, almost every show on this tour seems to be pretty easy to get a lawn seat for at a reasonable cost. Unfortunately for me, the only difficult to obtain tickets on the whole tour happen to be for a series of shows I was planning to attend (LA).

Ah well, such is life. If it's meant to be, I'll find some affordable tickets. If it's not, I won't. 

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah. I got lawn seats for the San Diego show very easily. Face value, same cost as the Tampa show. There are STILL a bunch of available.

In fact, generally speaking, almost every show on this tour seems to be pretty easy to get a lawn seat for at a reasonable cost. Unfortunately for me, the only difficult to obtain tickets on the whole tour happen to be for a series of shows I was planning to attend (LA).

Ah well, such is life. If it's meant to be, I'll find some affordable tickets. If it's not, I won't. 

Gonna wait until the Alice Cooper tics simmer down and then I'm going to buy a pair of lawn seats for each. Dumb question here... if you go to a ticketmaster exchange do you still get paper tickets or no? Like having the stubs... I have 2 bags stuffed with them... stubs or no in your opinion?

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Gonna wait until the Alice Cooper tics simmer down and then I'm going to buy a pair of lawn seats for each. Dumb question here... if you go to a ticketmaster exchange do you still get paper tickets or no? Like having the stubs... I have 2 bags stuffed with them... stubs or no in your opinion?

I haven’t heard of any paper tickets for this Dead tour, other than those which come with the VIP packages. All mobile tickets.

That said, I have learned that if you go to the box office the day of the show and tell them you like to have a physical ticket stub, they’ll usually turn your virtual ticket into a paper ticket for you. At least I’ve had luck doing that several times at past shows.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I haven’t heard of any paper tickets for this Dead tour, other than those which come with the VIP packages. All mobile tickets.

That said, I have learned that if you go to the box office the day of the show and tell them you like to have a physical ticket stub, they’ll usually turn your virtual ticket into a paper ticket for you. At least I’ve had luck doing that several times at past shows.

No stubs is a real bummer. I have them all the way back to seeing Rush at the Aud in 76... for six bucks. That sucks that you can't get an actual ticket anymore.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, The Poojer said:

They're Back!!!!!!  Can't wait for Hershey!!!!

Nice, great environment for sure. I couldn't catch who was singing opposite of Bobby but it almost sounded like Elvis Costello.

9 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

2 words to describe tonight's show in Philly.  Holy f**"

Saw that they condensed two sets worth of music into one set without a break in order to beat the oncoming weather. Looks like a great setlist!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.