The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

Oh?  What?

Fauci reports COVID rebound, says his is “much worse” than initial illness

Fauci took a second round of Paxlovid, which is at odds with the FDA and CDC stance.

Fauci's second course of treatment conflicts with the stance of the US Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In a May 24 health advisory, the CDC wrote, "There is currently no evidence that additional treatment for COVID-19 is needed for COVID-19 rebound. Based on data available at this time, patient monitoring continues to be the most appropriate management for patients with recurrence of symptoms after completion of a treatment course of Paxlovid."

Likewise, the FDA also stated in May that "there is no evidence of benefit at this time for a longer course of treatment … or repeating a treatment course of Paxlovid in patients with recurrent COVID-19 symptoms following completion of a treatment course."

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/fauci-reports-covid-rebound-says-its-much-worse-than-initial-illness/

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuupes

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Jeez, the guy calls for an investigation into COVID and suddenly you’re anti-investigation.  Weird. 

Are you surprised?  Their masters tell them to oppose anything the Repubs support/believe.  That's how you get "hoax" when you bring up that a viral outbreak in the same city in which the virus is being studied in a lab and in which no host has so-far been identified anywhere much less the market it is purported to have started means it started in the lab until proven otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Investigations are fine.  Rand Paul is still an idiot.

I don’t know about Rand Paul, there are times I think he’s one of the least sleazy people in Washington.  He’s certainly no more/no less an idiot when compared to other high profile pols of the day.

I was surprised by Tibs visceral response on a COVID investigation.  It’s long overdue. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Former Surgeon General Jerome Adams noted Fauci’s announcement by claiming that the doctor never sought the spotlight:

Tony never asked for the spotlight. Not once in 40 years. But at times when others ran from it, or sought to use it for personal gain, he’s always done his best to give good advice and help the public. He’s human and humans are imperfect- but that doesn’t make him nefarious.

— Jerome Adams (@JeromeAdamsMD) August 22, 2022

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Speaking of disingenuous, do you support a congressional inquiry into COVID or not? Assume a liberal dem proposed it. 

What is disingenuous? 

I would not be opposed; 

What is it you think they will find? 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci to step down in December

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/white-house-chief-medical-advisor-anthony-fauci-to-step-down-in-december-after-more-than-50-years-of-public-service.html

When the future Veep is saying they'll be investigations, suddenly we get early retirements.  

Can't wait for the media and libs to call them a partisan sham.  

What a complete and total assclown.

From the earliest days of the pandemic I said both here and to anyone who asked, and many did ask since i have a molecular virology background, that any scientist or "expert" who states things with certainty about a novel virus rapidly spreading around the globe should be ignored.

Every scientist knows this. 

What a disgrace this man is.

47 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

What a complete and total assclown.

From the earliest days of the pandemic I said both here and to anyone who asked, and many did ask since i have a molecular virology background, that any scientist or "expert" who states things with certainty about a novel virus rapidly spreading around the globe should be ignored.

Every scientist knows this. 

What a disgrace this man is.

The sad fact is most of the medical and research community knew these policies or statements were wrong and counterproductive but didn't have the courage or ability to question any of these actions.  Many were and are directly and indirectly on the government's payroll.  And the few that did speak out and raise questions and alternatives, suffered harassment and unjustified ridicule.  It was like the fundamental principles of science and learning had been revoked. 

My problem with Fauci from the start was that it was clear and obvious from the conversations at the time that he had conflicts of interests that nobody at higher levels cared to consider or do anything about.  Which makes them complicit.  He was in charge of the pandemic response at NIH yet also worked to hide and deny the role NIH played with the Wuhan lab, gain of function research with COVID, and general denial of any specific knowledge of the virus.  And in general pushed bad policy while privately admitting it was bad.  I believe many died and suffered as a result.  

As more and more becomes clearer, I think this will result in a loss of faith in the medical community.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 2

I'm concerned that the focus on Fauci "the person" is misplaced emphasis.  

IMO, the Congressional emphasis should be on greatly curtailing or ending GOF research and ending this dangerous work at labs ill-equipped to contain it. This type of research takes lots of funding, and if the US government completely pulled the plug on funding it, it'd go a long way to curtailing it.   COVID has demonstrated that this research is no less dangerous than nuclear weapons or chemical weapons research.  It can get millions of people killed.  

I know they won't do any such thing because the government and academia are deeply rooted in such research, so they will find a way, like they did with coronavirus research in Wuhan, and the accidents will continue.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The sad fact is most of the medical and research community knew these policies or statements were wrong and counterproductive but didn't have the courage or ability to question any of these actions.  Many were and are directly and indirectly on the government's payroll.  And the few that did speak out and raise questions and alternatives, suffered harassment and unjustified ridicule.  It was like the fundamental principles of science and learning had been revoked. 

The Great Barrington Declaration in October 2020.  Leading experts warned then that the lockdown policies were doing more harm than any possible good they could hope to achieve.  Of course they were censored and ridiculed.  

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Francis Collins and Fauci colluded to smear and discredit their colleagues.  Squelching scientific debate.....yeah not quite "following the science" at all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/emails-reveal-how-fauci-head-of-nih-colluded-to-try-to-smear-experts/ar-AARX837

Keep in mind the GBD was never advocating for a "let 'er rip" or herd immunity strategy, but it didn't stop these charlatans from using that strawman in their smear campaign.

In an October 8 email from Collins to Fauci, the head of the NIH calls the GBD the work of 'three fringe epidemiologists' that 'seems to be getting a lot of attention.' 

Collins adds that 'there needs to be a quick and devastating published takedown of its premises. I don't see anything like that online yet - is it underway?' 

Later in the day, Fauci sends Collins a Wired op-ed that refutes the notion of herd immunity stopping the pandemic. 

Collins then sends Fauci an op-ed in The Nation also trashing the GBD.  

I highly recommend reading Dr. Atlas' book A Plague Upon Our House.  As Senior Fellow in health care policy at the Hoover Institution of Stanford he is more than qualified as an expert in the field.  One of the main takeaways from the book is that during the months that he attended Pence's task force meetings he was the only one to ever bring current research papers to back up his policy suggestions.  He never witnessed anyone else bringing published data to task force meetings.  Not Fauci.  Not Birx. Not Redfield.  But...follow the science!  Right.

When he presented the current data there would just be an awkward silence as everyone looked around at each other...and then they moved on.  He eventually gave up bringing any current data with him to the task force meetings.

My problem with Fauci from the start was that it was clear and obvious from the conversations at the time that he had conflicts of interests that nobody at higher levels cared to consider or do anything about.  Which makes them complicit.  He was in charge of the pandemic response at NIH yet also worked to hide and deny the role NIH played with the Wuhan lab, gain of function research with COVID, and general denial of any specific knowledge of the virus.  And in general pushed bad policy while privately admitting it was bad.  I believe many died and suffered as a result.  

He previously stated that he would be staying until 2024.  This early retirement suggests he knows a GOP led house will be coming after him hard.

As more and more becomes clearer, I think this will result in a loss of faith in the medical community.   

I think the ship has long since sailed on this.  Trust in public health institutions and the medical community in general has been seriously eroded for a generation or more.