Will fans returning affect team play?

major

Reading this book (below). Got me thinking, will fans returning in mass to stadiums this season affect certain teams overall play? Last season was fascinating to watch with most stadiums being empty or near empty. Curious to see which teams play better or worse in normal setting. Do you feel fans returning will affect team play?

9D104043-A065-41F7-9F5F-9740430F5491.jpeg

So I am thinking (or maybe more that I'm hoping...?) that 2020 was a blessing in disguise for Josh Allen.  I always thought that Kyle Brandt's "Sugar High Josh" was more likely to show up in home games because he was always so damn excited about the fan support and eager to please them.  I thought the fans not in stadiums for most of last season may have served as a little bit of a calming factor for Josh.

Now that he's older and has his year of massive success, I'm thinking/hoping that the homefield advantage will be a true homefield advantage for everyone on the team, including Josh.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 4

If I am being honest, for some reason, this is one of my bigger fears for this coming season, as far as the Bills are concerned.  Of course we don't know...but last year was so (near) perfect during the regular season.  I realize there are a lot of factors involved (including the fact that the Bills are just damn good), but the PTSD from drought era Bills still creeps in, now and then. They didn't play as well with a crowd...but they were also playing better teams.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So I am thinking (or maybe more that I'm hoping...?) that 2020 was a blessing in disguise for Josh Allen.  I always thought that Kyle Brandt's "Sugar High Josh" was more likely to show up in home games because he was always so damn excited about the fan support and eager to please them.  I thought the fans not in stadiums for most of last season may have served as a little bit of a calming factor for Josh.

Now that he's older and has his year of massive success, I'm thinking/hoping that the homefield advantage will be a true homefield advantage for everyone on the team, including Josh.

This was my very first thought and you beat me to it. We don’t need Josh getting any more pumped up. Listen to your Sinatra music pre-game, be calm and skip the (bad parts of) Hero Ball. The magical parts are still  welcome.   :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No fans probably helped Josh some, but Diggs getting open helped the most. 

Josh is going to produce either way. Either with his arm or his legs. People forget he was top6-7 in total TD'S the season before. Josh will be fine. 

I think Josh will probably end up being somewhere between 2020 and 2019 consistently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, major said:

Reading this book (below). Got me thinking, will fans returning in mass to stadiums this season affect certain teams overall play? Last season was fascinating to watch with most stadiums being empty or near empty. Curious to see which teams play better or worse in normal setting. Do you feel fans returning will affect team play?

9D104043-A065-41F7-9F5F-9740430F5491.jpeg

i will have to check out this book.

not to get political, but I believe in-person sporting events is one of the great unifying things, and without it this past year, it hasn’t helped with all the divisions in society. It’s only at a bills game where you have people from all races, classes, jobs, socio economic classes wearing the same jerseys, sharing the same ups and downs, and high fiving and hugging each other. 

• Like (+1) 3

No one is talking D???

Our D is about to get an extra man on each play for 8/9  games. This is huge in my opinion. 
31 other teams have NO recollection of what Rich/ The Ralph/ Bills Stadium sounds like she it’s rocking. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

No one is talking D???

Our D is about to get an extra man on each play for 8/9  games. This is huge in my opinion. 
31 other teams have NO recollection of what Rich/ The Ralph/ Bills Stadium sounds like she it’s rocking. 

Defense definitely gets a boost but that goes both ways. 

It couldn't get any more buffalo bills for them to finally have a franchise QB in Josh Allen only to find out he's only elite with no fans in the stands.  Hopefully entering his 4th year all jitters and being excessively amped up have gone out the window for him and he's a stone cold killer.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Buftex said:

If I am being honest, for some reason, this is one of my bigger fears for this coming season, as far as the Bills are concerned.  Of course we don't know...but last year was so (near) perfect during the regular season.  I realize there are a lot of factors involved (including the fact that the Bills are just damn good), but the PTSD from drought era Bills still creeps in, now and then. They didn't play as well with a crowd...but they were also playing better teams.

We had fans in the stands against the Colts and Josh Allen was absolutely phenomenal sans one late fumble.  

The Baltimore game was straight up weather shenanigans.  

KC was a team failure, but it did seem like Josh struggled a bit with the call changes at the line due to crowd noise.   That’s normal though.. probably just a bit more jarring not having dealt with it all season. 

Prior to this past year, his best game was arguably Thanksgiving Day in Dallas. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

No one is talking D???

100% agree.  Homefield advantage will be a HUGE benefit to our Defense!!!

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Defense definitely gets a boost but that goes both ways. 

Some of the  Stadiums we will play in won’t be anywhere near as loud as ours. Because of crappy teams or Josh and the Boys taking the fans out of the game with a large lead.

Also, I feel like our O skill personnel is full of cagey vets who will be good with noise and silent counts. The biggest question mark will be the O line IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We had fans in the stands against the Colts and Josh Allen was absolutely phenomenal sans one late fumble.  

The Baltimore game was straight up weather shenanigans.  

KC was a team failure, but it did seem like Josh struggled a bit with the call changed due to crowd noise.   I’m sure he’ll be fine adjusting though.  

Yes the Indy game is what gives me hope that "Sugar High Josh" won't show up too much even with fans in the stadium.  With that said, that late fumble was a pretty accurate representation of "Sugar High Josh" and who knows what the outcome of that game is if DW doesn't fall on that ball.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes the Indy game is what gives me hope that "Sugar High Josh" won't show up too much even with fans in the stadium.  With that said, that late fumble was a pretty accurate representation of "Sugar High Josh" and who knows what the outcome of that game is if DW doesn't fall on that ball.

I just think that's Josh. He has to work on the fumbles.