Jacksonville 11/7

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Why?

Worst strip club experience of my life. And that includes nearly being killed in a seedy Tijuana joint as well. 🤣

Lot X will live forever in my heart. But just not a fan of the town or the Jax fans. Been there, done that. No need to return unless it was something major like the AFC Championship maybe.

Same for Nashville. No need or desire to ever go back.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Worst strip club experience of my life. And that includes nearly being killed in a seedy Tijuana joint as well. 🤣

Lot X will live forever in my heart. But just not a fan of the town or the Jax fans. Been there, done that. No need to return unless it was something major like the AFC Championship maybe.

Wow, you are the first Bills fan to have nothing positive to say about Nashville.

I know plenty of Bills fans who love going there when the Bills play there.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Wow, you are the first Bills fan to have nothing positive to say about Nashville.

I know plenty of Bills fans who love going there when the Bills play there.

It's all my personal hang ups, and I own that. Much like my deep personal hatred for Brady. lol.

Had a great time there in 2019 when we took over the town. But I hate country music with a passion, especially modern nu-country, and it is inescapable. Been there a bunch going back to seeing Sabres/Preds games, and I'm just over it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If they could find Cali on a map...

Yup....just as many dumbazzes here in FL as there are in Cali....or really any state for that matter....but there is a special kinda redneck stooopidity found in southern states - that I will say for sure......

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's all my personal hang ups, and I own that. Much like my deep personal hatred for Brady. lol.

Had a great time there in 2019 when we took over the town. But I hate country music with a passion, especially modern nu-country, and it is inescapable. Been there a bunch going back to seeing Sabres/Preds games, and I'm just over it.

I understand. I was there for the 2019 draft and I had never been there before and I had a great time, but I could see if going there constantly would become less exciting.

I know all about hating Brady too, and I'm a Michigan fan. lol

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Looney Tunes Florida GIF

Logic, can you ask Buggs to send me a PM before he completes so I can get my family out of FL.

To the OP, I might be there as have tons of friends there and a fun trip for me.  4 hours from Tampa.  The playoff game in 17 was awesome.  By that time the Jags will suck, maybe better in a couple of years so should be a sea of red, white, and royal blue.  I’d expect 30,000 Bills fans there.  I typically stay with friends, but a couple of the hotels in walking distance are fun, with a little nightlife.  I always stayed at the Crown Plaza for work and has a Ruth’s Chris downstairs.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Yup....just as many dumbazzes here in FL as there are in Cali....or really any state for that matter....but there is a special kinda redneck stooopidity found in southern states - that I will say for sure......

I lived in New York until I was 29.  Moved down south a few years ago.  People like to say this, but it's not really true at all.  Just as much of that to be found in rural upstate NY and Eastern Long Island.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I lived in New York until I was 29.  Moved down south a few years ago.  People like to say this, but it's not really true at all.  Just as much of that to be found in rural upstate NY and Eastern Long Island.  

Having lived in the Philly area for almost 20 years, the the NY area for 30 years and now FL for 3+ years, I can agree with what you are saying to a degree but my personal experience has been the degree of backwardness is unheard of here in FL in some areas.....I used to officiate football in NY and was in some real backwards areas near the PA border that were downright frightful but the absolute dumbest backwards folks I have met so far and I am sure I have missed a few along the way but the cake is taken here in FL, GA and SC.  Can't speak for KY, TN, MS, AK or LA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont hate Florida.

But I do hate Jacksonville, and swore to never return after the 2017 playoff game.

Why what happened.  Last time I was there Rob Johnson was QB, Thursday night game, we ended up winning it but the Bills were pretty bad that year.  I think they went 3-13.  Jacksonville I thought was pretty cool, I thought the golfing was awesome(usually I don't like Florida courses).  We did play one round at Sawgrass which was great.  Overall I had a good time but we were in our 20's when I went there, back then we would of had a good time anywhere my friends and I as long as there was beer involved.  I do remember the tailgating was pretty tame.  We got off the plane Thurs afternoon, stopped at beer store right away, picked up two kegs and headed right to the stadium.  People were looking at us kind of weird when we were doing keg stands at 4:30 in the afternoon.  Ah to be young again.  

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ah okay, yes I will second that about the strip clubs.  They were god awful, and believe me and my friends were not picky back then.  I wouldn't touch these hogs with a 10 foot pole at bar down in chippewa.  Pretty distrubing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

I know alot of us are planning on this one. I got Section 240 Bills side. We usually make a weekend out of it and stay in Amelia or Fernandina Beach. Last game I saw there we had Bledsoe.

If you are just going to say you hate Florida. Please dont waste our time.

Who else is going ? What are your plans ?

Boatload of us -including WNY relatives coming for a stay. I live here.

4 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Any hotels or areas we should look for? Any areas we should avoid?

Yes, very good and reasonable ones hidden just off I-95. Dave & Busters walking distance. PM me

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Why what happened.  Last time I was there Rob Johnson was QB, Thursday night game, we ended up winning it but the Bills were pretty bad that year.  I think they went 3-13.  Jacksonville I thought was pretty cool, I thought the golfing was awesome(usually I don't like Florida courses).  We did play one round at Sawgrass which was great.  Overall I had a good time but we were in our 20's when I went there, back then we would of had a good time anywhere my friends and I as long as there was beer involved.  I do remember the tailgating was pretty tame.  We got off the plane Thurs afternoon, stopped at beer store right away, picked up two kegs and headed right to the stadium.  People were looking at us kind of weird when we were doing keg stands at 4:30 in the afternoon.  Ah to be young again.  

Ah okay, yes I will second that about the strip clubs.  They were god awful, and believe me and my friends were not picky back then.  I wouldn't touch these hogs with a 10 foot pole at bar down in chippewa.  Pretty distrubing.

Last time I went, I got ill seeing shaving bumps on the girls butts.. 🤢🤮

• Haha (+1) 1