Other Teams & Players You Don’t Mind Succeeding (except against us)

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Allowing an athlete’s personal views to inform your overall opinion of him is a ‘mistake’?

No. I just divide professional from personal. I don't know Drew Brees or what he thinks or doesn't think so just because I like him as a football player I don't project personal characteristics or opinions that I like onto him. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't ever make the mistake of confusing professional and personal. That is the best way to be. Drew was my favourite player because I loved his game I never pretended to think that makes him any more or less of a good person than anyone else.

I just couldn't help it as he got more and more exposure. I also loved his game, and especially how he progressed after bouts of adversity. But the record-breaking lovefests, his own sanctimonious and tone deaf BS, and then finally him during that primetime game, after breaking the most recent record, gathering up only his sons for a sideline speech while his wife and daughter watched in the background somewhere...ugh.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No. I just divide professional from personal. I don't know Drew Brees or what he thinks or doesn't think so just because I like him as a football player I don't project personal characteristics or opinions that I like onto him. 

Big Tyreek Hill and Deshaun Watson fan too I suppose

I tend to root for most ex-bills to do well.  More so for ones that resonated with me such as Fitz.  Beyond the Bills, I don't have a "back-up" team per se.  I'll generally root for the poor "factory of Sadness" Browns.  I'll occasionally follow a team that has gets good and has some real life to it such as the Icky Woods Bengals or Superbowl Shuffle Bears.

I won't root for the Cowboys or the Raiders ever.   And almost never Philly,  "City of Brotherly Love" my ***.

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Big Tyreek Hill and Deshaun Watson fan too I suppose

As players, yes. I wouldn't want anything to do with them as people. I can divorce the two. In all walks of life some vile people are really good at their jobs. 

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I have read some Drew Brees love in this thread. I used to agree with that sentiment. But the more I learn about the man, and the more I've been exposed to his particular, nice guy brand of sanctimoniousness, the more I fear he will be a public figure moving forward, and we won't like what we see.

Honestly, I think the Drew Brees is gone, and gone for good.

I don't care about any other team.

I root for all Alabama players but I suppose that my favorite is Derrick Henry. He visited a childrens hospital while at the combines and seems to really be one of the better people on the planet.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Robert Foster...only since he went to the greatest football university on the planet (quite capable of defeating many NFL teams), and because his other worldly talents were clearly ignored and mismanaged by this organization.

Sometimes I dispense with bad puns and cheap meme jokes, and write alternate history...😁

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m waiting fir the beat down so have fun with it as I expect 100 hate replies.  I grew up in Buffalo (Hamburg) on South Park Ave. so I’m always a 100% a homer.  That will never change.  Against this team it’s Bills all the way when we play them in December.  With that said, I move to Tampa in the early 90’s.  I love my second home and they are an NFC team.  I resisted even liking them somewhat until Dungy came and started to turn around the popsicles culture.  

Since we didn’t play the Bucs, I was so happy they humiliated the Chefs in the SB, and I know a lot of the hate is due to. Brady.  That. Made it even better for me as I hate a lot more BB than Brady.  If the Cheats get sweeped again by us and beaten by the Bucs when they play this year,BB is marginalized and this crap of chess vs. checkers especially when he spent millions and millions in one year with two of the best available TE’s, I’ll be so happy.  I want Belicheck to lose every game against the Bills forever, and the Brady proved it was him not BB.

So my bottom line is I hope the Bucs lose to us in the season, I’ll probably be there in my MGK jersey, the Cheats lose to the Bucs miserably against the Bucs, the Bucs go 14-3, and so do we, and we crush them in the SB.

As Doc Holiday said, my hypocracy only goes so far.  I’ll never root against the Bills, but my life is here now and my friends, my kids, etc. loves the Bucs.

Beyond that, I’d be happy if the Chargers had a Goodyear as I like that Herbert kid.  As far as the Packs, I’d only root for Icebowl, but Rodgers is a ninny.

Which 3 teams are you hoping we lose to?

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

None wiseguy, I’m just not dumb enough to make a prediction of 20-0.

Guilty as charged.

And in an on-topic note, the Raidahs... alway had a soft spot for then.  With Madden, Fanseca, Al- used to be the closest modern entity to an actual living and breathing pirate crew

now it's like some floating giant mutated amoeba, but still somewhat mesmerizing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This year I will be rooting for Darnold since I feel he was put in an impossible situation in NY and he is now in the NFC. I always root for Fitz, except against us. I also always root for Matt Ryan because I was at his last college game and he  not only won the game for BC but he apparently was very nice to everyone he dealt with in Orlando.

I root for the Bills only but in other games (AFC Only) I root for whatever helps the Bills. I don't care who wins or loses in the NFC. This year I hope Herbert and the Chargers can beat the Chiefs so that can help the Bills get the #1 seed in the AFC and homefield advantage since KC is the Bills biggest conference threat.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I root for the Bills only but in other games (AFC Only) I root for whatever helps the Bills. I don't care who wins or loses in the NFC. This year I hope Herbert and the Chargers can beat the Chiefs so that can help the Bills get the #1 seed in the AFC and homefield advantage since KC is the Bills biggest conference threat.

I just hope someone else beats KC in the playoffs. Whether that is Baltimore or Cleveland or Indy or LA I don't really care... but I think the Bills can beat any other team in the conference. I just don't love our chances against KC because the way to beat them doesn't really line up with our strengths at this moment in time. If the bills don't have to play KC in the playoffs next January I am confident they will make the Superbowl (obviously subject to no major injuries etc)