Other Teams & Players You Don’t Mind Succeeding (except against us)

My "second team" has historically been the 49ers, going back to when they had exciting fun to watch teams in the '80s and '90s.

That whole thing kind of died a long time ago, though, to be honest.

I have always liked Green Bay and the whole thing they have going there; reminds me of Buffalo in many ways.

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I don’t have a 2nd team. I love the Bills. That’s like having a backup girlfriend or something. Which would be cool but mostly frowned upon. 

giphy.gif

I want every team in the AFC to lose and hate each afc team.  Some more than others. 

I root for the Cowboys to lose, but don’t really care.  

I watch most niner games with my buddy who’s a huge niner fame.....but I usually enjoy the game more when they lose.  **** em all

Edited by NewEra

Teams I actively root against other than the obvious 3......

Indianapolis. I like Reich and Ballard but the organisation irks me, the uniforms irritate me and Peyton Manning's face is one you'd never tire of punching. 

Denver. Same thing about Peyton Manning's face.

49ers. I don't remember the Bill Walsh era. All I remember of San Francisco 49er football is two boring run first and defense teams that thankfully lost in Superbowls. 

Eagles. I don't really have an explanation for this one. I just hate them. Always have. I have cheered for New England in two Superbowls such is my hatred of the Eagles.

43 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Oh yeah fantasy football changes everything. One year I ended up with Tom Brady as my QB1 and I had to wish for him to do good 🤮

Only year I drafted Brady he blew his knee out.  Some of my friends urged me to draft him every year after that lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Anyone that played for QB U, especially Drew Brees.

Other than that, any team that beat other teams/players that I hate. The 2009 Saints, 2013 Seahawks, and 2020 Bucs will always be near & dear to my heart.

Chicago is my backup team.  Since the mid 80s.  Half my family moved from Buffalo to Chicago, including me for 4 years.  I'm looking for them to be at least interesting this year.  (and the Bears, too).

-Aaron Donald.  Because he's the best non-qb in the NFL and I like for linemen to get attention.  And when I watch the Rams, I cant take my eye off him.

-Fitz.  No reason needed.

Edited by maddenboy

Any team that's been bad for a long stretch of time. Loyal fans deserve some reward for sticking with their team through bad seasons. I hope Burrow stays healthy and leads the Bengals to a winning season. It's fun to see some new faces in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

I have read some Drew Brees love in this thread. I used to agree with that sentiment. But the more I learn about the man, and the more I've been exposed to his particular, nice guy brand of sanctimoniousness, the more I fear he will be a public figure moving forward, and we won't like what we see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I don’t have a 2nd team. I love the Bills. That’s like having a backup girlfriend or something. Which would be cool but mostly frowned upon. 

You know/care about NO other women other than your girlfriend?  No mother, aunts, female friends?  You don't give one damn about their well being at all?

• Eyeroll 1

Definitely root for Fitz, Frank Reich with the Colts.  I'll root for Darnold also as if he can turn himself around it'll be great for the game.

Living in Cleveland, I root for them except for the Bills.  Especially for my son who's a big fan.  I was 10 years old in 1980 when the Bills first beat the Dolphins en route to a magical year.  That was the first time in my entire life I was proud of my team.

My son had to wait until this past year at the age of 14 years old to experience that feeling.  Terrible.

Brownies are the only franchise that has been through worse incompetence than us so I'll pull for them.  And rust belt fans are all pretty much the same.

• Like (+1) 1

This goes back a ways, but in the 60s the Browns were the NFL team in the area.  My son in law is a big Browns fan and now that I live in the area I am starting to enjoy watching them come out of the lousy years.  A few years back I went to a Browns Bills game and tailgated.  Fans saw my Bills gear and said we don't mind you guys, we hate the Steelers.

My son and grandson are Dolphins fans and my brother is a Bucs fan.  If they aren't playing us I root for them.

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

I would like to see the Chargers and Herbert do well. At least beat the Chiefs and Raiders twice. 

Spanos screwed San Diego. Glad the city voted no to fund this greedy billionaire. How the heck does San Diego not have a team? Most beautiful area and weather in the country. I do like Herbert, but hate Spanos more! 

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I have read some Drew Brees love in this thread. I used to agree with that sentiment. But the more I learn about the man, and the more I've been exposed to his particular, nice guy brand of sanctimoniousness, the more I fear he will be a public figure moving forward, and we won't like what we see.

I don't ever make the mistake of confusing professional and personal. That is the best way to be. Drew was my favourite player because I loved his game I never pretended to think that makes him any more or less of a good person than anyone else.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't ever make the mistake of confusing professional and personal. That is the best way to be. Drew was my favourite player because I loved his game I never pretended to think that makes him any more or less of a good person than anyone else.

Allowing an athlete’s personal views to inform your overall opinion of him is a ‘mistake’?

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

San Fran.: One online friend is a fan of theirs, as is one person I used to support (I work at a day hab).  And I thought Jimmy G got a raw deal in NE.

Denver: One online friend, and I really wanted Peyton to nab a ring there.

Indy: As above, I'm a Peyton fan, and I kinda feel a draw to cheer for the estranged former AFC East team.  That, and I'm pulling for Frank.  Really wanted them to make the playoffs last year, but hated that they had to meet us there game one.

Raiders: Had two former co-workers that are fans, loved the unis as far back as a kid.  And I loved the secret connections between Ralph and Al.

Then there are two I have mixed feelings over...

Dallas: My cousin and her husband are Cowboys fans, so I do pull for them.  But I still hate the team for the whole "America's Team" days.  So, I compromise.  I pull for them when it doesn't involve Buffalo.  But when they play the Bills I truly relish any beatdown we put on them, such as the Thanksgiving slaughter.

Tampa: *sigh*.  An online friend of mine is a hardcore Tampa fan, football and hockey, so Tampa used to fall in the above group for a few years.  Now TB12 and Gronk are there and...ugh...I just have mixed feelings.

You have too many friends

I hear ya, but no.