Are we becoming to Miami what New England was to us??

27 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Which incident has not been adjudicated?

The pats filmed the Bengals before last season, I was wrong the pats were indeed fined 1.1 million dollars for cheating, yet again..,  I did notice the punishment for the pats cheating was not broadly announced.

What a scum ball organization they have averaged getting caught cheating every four and a half ish years for two plus decades, makes ya wonder about all the times they haven’t been caught...,

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

95% of my posts are nonsense and parody, designed to provoke a laugh, smile, or boomer era memory.  I say honestly and without rancour that you might want to put me on 'blocked'. 🙂

This community is a lot larger than my previous one so I'm still getting used to putting people in boxes. I don't generally block people anyway, you have to be REALLY annoying for that to happen.

Saying that, surely you know a lot of people unironically think that the Patriots succeeded because they cheated in some way, like video taping the Bengals, or some equipment guy possibly deflating balls or the always nebulous "they get all the calls" as if they even come close to the preferential treatment GB gets shown every year.

I guess I'm just tired of the excuses. The Patriots were one of the best football dynasties of all time. Accept it and move on because now we have the chance to truly supplant them.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The pats filmed the Bengals before last season, I was wrong the pats were indeed fined 1.1 million dollars for cheating, yet again..,  I did notice the punishment for the pats cheating was not broadly announced.

What a scum ball organization they have averaged getting caught cheating every four and a half ish years for two plus decades, makes ya wonder about all the times they haven’t been caught...,

That was resolved.

t long last, the NFL has penalized the New England Patriots for filming the Cincinnati Bengals' sideline during their game against the Cleveland Browns. According to ESPN's Patriots beat writer Mike Reiss, the club will be fined over $1 million and will lose their third-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Are these the excuses we're going with to explain the Patriots' run? Come on.

There is a difference between excuses and reasons just like there are reasons why some are paid to lick Billicheat's balls but we are not to judge even with video evidence, at least in Florida.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

They would not be doing it if it did not give advantage to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

IMO I'll be very surprised if we beat Miami in Miami.  It's their home opener so will be fired up for that, but even more so after the way we blew them out  last year in Buffalo and could be viewed by the Fish as we ran the score up on them.  Throwing 4th quarter bombs when already up by was it 20 points, I'm sure didn't sit well with them.  I recall watching the game ending hand shake with the coaches and appeared to be one of the shortest interaction shakes I ever seen.  Seemed to me that Flores didn't have any use for McD at that point.

Will see, but won't surprise me to see us lose down there particularly if we win the opener against the Steelers.  If we do beat them, likely due to Tua's failures and then Miami is in pretty bad shape.

47 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

This community is a lot larger than my previous one so I'm still getting used to putting people in boxes. I don't generally block people anyway, you have to be REALLY annoying for that to happen.

Saying that, surely you know a lot of people unironically think that the Patriots succeeded because they cheated in some way, like video taping the Bengals, or some equipment guy possibly deflating balls or the always nebulous "they get all the calls" as if they even come close to the preferential treatment GB gets shown every year.

I guess I'm just tired of the excuses. The Patriots were one of the best football dynasties of all time. Accept it and move on because now we have the chance to truly supplant them.

I think most people realize that the Pats were really good AND they got caught cheating many times. It's fine to accept both. If someone mentions their scandals it doesn't mean they think the Pats weren't a good football team. Their scandals did happen and they will stay with the organization and those who remember it for a long, long time. But surely, everyone knows they were good at playing football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

IMO I'll be very surprised if we beat Miami in Miami.  It's their home opener so will be fired up for that, but even more so after the way we blew them out  last year in Buffalo and could be viewed by the Fish as we ran the score up on them.  Throwing 4th quarter bombs when already up by was it 20 points, I'm sure didn't sit well with them.  I recall watching the game ending hand shake with the coaches and appeared to be one of the shortest interaction shakes I ever seen.  Seemed to me that Flores didn't have any use for McD at that point.

Will see, but won't surprise me to see us lose down there particularly if we win the opener against the Steelers.  If we do beat them, likely due to Tua's failures and then Miami is in pretty bad shape.

If I recall correctly Bills were running the ball and Miami started calling TO’s with the game out of reach so the Bills were like F it and started passing the ball. In contrast Bill Bellicheat gave McDermott a hug after the Bills blew out the Pats.

Edit: I looked it up Miami called their 3 timeouts with 8:29 left in the game with the Bills winning 49-19 after the Bills ran the ball 3 straight times for a 3 and out. Miami fumbled on their next possession and the Matt Barkley threw the bomb for the TD the very next play to Gabe Davis. So if anything the Dolphins were the ones on the BS

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills never had as much talent as Miami does now when the patriots were taking a ***** on us year in and year out... wouldn't be surprised by a split between the two teams this year. 

Survey says:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Perhaps the Bills will be their true nemesis, but hopefully with truth, justice, and the American way.  Not with suspect ref calls, cheap shots, and electronic espionage.  Oh, and properly inflated balls.

ITS SUPER ALLEN!

Right on Ridgeman.

50 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You forget that they have Tua, the weak armed midget QB,  who is evidently fragile to boot, mark this one down as a win for the Bills, no more Fitz to bail them out when the little guy isn’t getting it done..., 

Prior to 2020, NE v. Buffalo was 32-3 over 19 seasons.

in Week 2 2020, Fitzmagic and the Fins staged a late  4th Q comeback that ended on a failed onside kick recovery (for potentially tying FG drive).  The second tiem they met, no Fitz--blowout.

It's not quite there yet....

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I think most people realize that the Pats were really good AND they got caught cheating many times. It's fine to accept both. If someone mentions their scandals it doesn't mean they think the Pats weren't a good football team. Their scandals did happen and they will stay with the organization and those who remember it for a long, long time. But surely, everyone knows they were good at playing football.

Agree. Was hard to understand why they did those things like that when they were so good they didn't have to.

Coming from a Dolphins fan whose been around for a little over a decade, I'd say no.

NE was the superior team every year but what really set them apart was the talent/coaching disparity. That disparity isn't there with you guys yet imo.

I didn't even realize until I read it yesterday (or didn't think about it), but we swept the division last year.

I'd love to see us become New England for ALL of the teams in the division - including New England.  Actually, especially New England.