Are we becoming to Miami what New England was to us??

16 hours ago, Boxcar said:

These "scandals" were minimal at best. I'm not sure filming the Bengals did anything to help them. It just always sounds like sour grapes.

They got caught filming the striped tigers.

Who else were they filming? my guess.....everyone.

For them to be a revered franchise is just wrong as all they did was cheat for 20 years.

Edited by JMF2006

15 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I disagree with pretty much all of your post.

1) In a game like football, it's normal for fans to want games to be played fairly, and for fans to be angry when a team cheats or otherwise gains an unfair advantage.

2) During the playoff drought the Patriots were a well-run team and the Bills were not. The Patriots would have dominated the Bills regardless of whether they'd cheated. But, you'll recall that after the 2001 season, the Patriots beat Kurt Warner and the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl, by a 3 point margin, at a time when the Patriots were cheating. That game could easily have gone the other way, had both teams played by the rules.

3) Belichick cheated with the video taping stuff, got caught, and was penalized with the loss of a first round pick. Having gotten caught once/been punished once, Belichick chose to do the exact same thing again. You don't risk losing early draft picks by cheating, unless you think cheating gives you a meaningful advantage.

I have since come to my senses.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, North Buffalo said:

You young bucks... Miami was that to the Bills in the 70s and early 80s... 14 straight seasons of two losses... 

Too true, it took Levy and Kelly to turn the tables on Don Shula and whoever he put out at QB.

That being said the AFC East tends to have lopsided streaks. Unfortunately the Bills have been on the wrong side of a few of them!

It would be nice to see that trend turn around.

On 5/13/2021 at 8:07 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, but he hasn't played nearly as well

Meanwhile, with one more bad performance by Allen vs. KC, it would be fair to speculate that KC is in Allen's head. 

Which sucks cuz we didn’t fear them before. Hell, Turrod whooped ‘em in ‘17 AT KC. 

On 5/13/2021 at 9:54 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

IMO I'll be very surprised if we beat Miami in Miami.  It's their home opener so will be fired up for that, but even more so after the way we blew them out  last year in Buffalo and could be viewed by the Fish as we ran the score up on them.  Throwing 4th quarter bombs when already up by was it 20 points, I'm sure didn't sit well with them.  I recall watching the game ending hand shake with the coaches and appeared to be one of the shortest interaction shakes I ever seen.  Seemed to me that Flores didn't have any use for McD at that point.

Will see, but won't surprise me to see us lose down there particularly if we win the opener against the Steelers.  If we do beat them, likely due to Tua's failures and then Miami is in pretty bad shape.

MIAMI is Buffalo South. We Always outnumber the Home crowd and there’ll be no exception this year either. They’re our beotch and they know it.  2 wins. Bank on it.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, DolFAN93 said:

The key word is "limited". He only played in 9 games. 

Did you watch the games that Miami won or the two games he was pulled?

Me thinks you’ve lost your way, son. NO ONE from WNY watches Dolphin games. We respect the game too much.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, Rocky Landing said:

If you're even willing to put the word "scandals" in quotation marks, then I don't think you've really done a lot of research on what they've actually been caught doing. Here's a pretty good article from Business Insider, but there are many more.

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9

Roger Goodell destroying the evidence was a huge red flag to me. If it wasn't such a big deal and "every team does it" as Pats fans like to quote then what's to hide? 

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, North Buffalo said:

You young bucks... Miami was that to the Bills in the 70s and early 80s... 14 straight seasons of two losses... 

10 straight seasons, not 14. 0 for the 70's, i.e. 20 straight loses. But we won the last game of the 60's and the first of 1980.

And, it was Chick Knox who pulled us out of those xxxt times. Levy pulled us out of the next xxxt times that started when Ralph let Knox walk.

Edited by CA OC Bills Fan
Add more info
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/13/2021 at 3:20 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Perhaps the Bills will be their true nemesis, but hopefully with truth, justice, and the American way.  Not with suspect ref calls, cheap shots, and electronic espionage.  Oh, and properly inflated balls.

Well said....

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/13/2021 at 6:50 AM, ScottLaw said:

The Bills never had as much talent as Miami does now when the patriots were taking a ***** on us year in and year out... wouldn't be surprised by a split between the two teams this year. 

I keep seeing this argument and it just doesn't add up. The Dolphins got absolutely stomped by the Bills last year. The talent difference was extreme and I don't think miami improved much except at WR. Their defense is good, not spectacular. Tua doesnt have the HC's confidence and they have two OCs which to me says no identity.

I expect the dolphins to be competitive every week, but the Bills are in a separate class

On 5/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, Protocal69 said:

No he is actually 3-2 vs the Jets. Week 17 of 2019 season Josh only played a series or 2 but he still gets the loss unfortunately 

I remember some talking head claiming the Jets were gonna be better than the Bills last year because they beat a "playoff bound Bills team"

Did they even look at the box score of that game?

On 5/13/2021 at 10:36 PM, Jauronimo said:

The Patriots dominated us for 2 consecutive decades.  Give it another 10 years, hopefully it is still the case.

It is funny... it is like that little brother who has been bullied and dominated by his older brother forever and he finally gets in a few punches. The worm may well have turned, but it takes more than a sweep in one season to start talking about dominating your division. Having the goat out of the picture behind center does help the narrative, but if anything Belichick's offseason scrambling should signal to anyone looking that he is not resting on his team's past laurels and is not ready to step off the gas anytime soon.

He will be extra motivated this season to pull that tender, sprouting narrative of a new AFC East top-dog out by the roots and salt the earth afterwards.

I would love to put the ghost of NE past behind us for a few decades, but think the Bills are going to have to put their big-boy pants on and bring their "A" game for a few more seasons to crush them enough that it forces that guy to retire or have to coach elsewhere. It happens, even to well-established coaches with long successful careers.