Are we becoming to Miami what New England was to us??

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I think most people realize that the Pats were really good AND they got caught cheating many times. It's fine to accept both. If someone mentions their scandals it doesn't mean they think the Pats weren't a good football team. Their scandals did happen and they will stay with the organization and those who remember it for a long, long time. But surely, everyone knows they were good at playing football.

But they were the GOAT in cheating.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I think most people realize that the Pats were really good AND they got caught cheating many times. It's fine to accept both. If someone mentions their scandals it doesn't mean they think the Pats weren't a good football team. Their scandals did happen and they will stay with the organization and those who remember it for a long, long time. But surely, everyone knows they were good at playing football.

These "scandals" were minimal at best. I'm not sure filming the Bengals did anything to help them. It just always sounds like sour grapes.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Concerned meaning what? 

I'm predicting the Bills go 12-5.... and I think two losses come in division. Either way I think they are a playoff team again and with some breaks could win the AFC, but I don't see them getting past Chiefs again. 

come on scotty.  you pick a few sticking points every year that you choose to be concerned about, and beat them into the ground.  i've already seen you mention more than once dropping a game to miami.  what's that based on?  josh owns miami, and they don't have fitz to bail them out this year.  so far tua hasn't shown anyone reason to be nervous, so miami doesn't even make it wiggle down there.  

i don't necessarily think the bills will sweep the division again, (and that's ok) but i'm meh to miami.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

These "scandals" were minimal at best. I'm not sure filming the Bengals did anything to help them. It just always sounds like sour grapes.

If you're even willing to put the word "scandals" in quotation marks, then I don't think you've really done a lot of research on what they've actually been caught doing. Here's a pretty good article from Business Insider, but there are many more.

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

come on scotty.  you pick a few sticking points every year that you choose to be concerned about, and beat them into the ground.  i've already seen you mention more than once dropping a game to miami.  what's that based on?  josh owns miami, and they don't have fitz to bail them out this year.  so far tua hasn't shown anyone reason to be nervous, so miami doesn't even make it wiggle down there.  

i don't necessarily think the bills will sweep the division again, (and that's ok) but i'm meh to miami.

I actually think they will sweep it again myself. But of course you know how division games can be. Never really know

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I actually think they will sweep it again myself. But of course you know how division games can be. Never really know

which is why i wouldn't be shocked by it.  i think the bills are the better team by far than anyone in the division.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I didn't think Tua was nearly as bad as everyone says he was for a first year starter. I think he gets better considering the weapons around him.... they are loaded at the skills position. 

Just my prediction. They drop one to Miami 

admit it though, if he was on the bills, you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt for a second the way you are now.  i agree though...you have to give these guys to develop.  in josh's first year, even though it wasn't great, you could really see those flashes of a high end qb.  from the limited games i've seen of tua, that hasn't been there.    

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

If you're even willing to put the word "scandals" in quotation marks, then I don't think you've really done a lot of research on what they've actually been caught doing. Here's a pretty good article from Business Insider, but there are many more.

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9

I will confess, I didn't know it ran this deep. Thank you.

So, basically, they did the same thing as the Astros in MLB. Good team that resorted to elaborate surveillance techniques. At least in the Astros case, the GM and manager both got canned while Belichick continues on. I don't remember what the MLB punishment was, but since their commish has the spine of a jellyfish I believe they simply allowed the Astros to scapegoat a few people without facing any type of serious punishment.

I don't like the Patriots, and I think Belichick is overrated as a coach (I feel like Andy Reid deserves the accolades that are laid upon Bill) so don't get me wrong. But "Belicheat" and "the Cheats" is so cringeworthy that my natural inclination is to take the opposite position. Really, I'm just very anti-cringe. Please find better pet names, for the love of God. They aren't clever. You're just jamming "cheat" into things like a square peg in a round hole.

3 hours ago, teef said:

which is why i wouldn't be shocked by it.  i think the bills are the better team by far than anyone in the division.

admit it though, if he was on the bills, you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt for a second the way you are now.  i agree though...you have to give these guys to develop.  in josh's first year, even though it wasn't great, you could really see those flashes of a high end qb.  from the limited games i've seen of tua, that hasn't been there.    

The key word is "limited". He only played in 9 games. 

Did you watch the games that Miami won or the two games he was pulled?

Edited by DolFAN93

3 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I disagree with pretty much all of your post.

1) In a game like football, it's normal for fans to want games to be played fairly, and for fans to be angry when a team cheats or otherwise gains an unfair advantage.

2) During the playoff drought the Patriots were a well-run team and the Bills were not. The Patriots would have dominated the Bills regardless of whether they'd cheated. But, you'll recall that after the 2001 season, the Patriots beat Kurt Warner and the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl, by a 3 point margin, at a time when the Patriots were cheating. That game could easily have gone the other way, had both teams played by the rules.

3) Belichick cheated with the video taping stuff, got caught, and was penalized with the loss of a first round pick. Having gotten caught once/been punished once, Belichick chose to do the exact same thing again. You don't risk losing early draft picks by cheating, unless you think cheating gives you a meaningful advantage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I will confess, I didn't know it ran this deep. Thank you.

So, basically, they did the same thing as the Astros in MLB. Good team that resorted to elaborate surveillance techniques. At least in the Astros case, the GM and manager both got canned while Belichick continues on. I don't remember what the MLB punishment was, but since their commish has the spine of a jellyfish I believe they simply allowed the Astros to scapegoat a few people without facing any type of serious punishment.

I don't like the Patriots, and I think Belichick is overrated as a coach (I feel like Andy Reid deserves the accolades that are laid upon Bill) so don't get me wrong. But "Belicheat" and "the Cheats" is so cringeworthy that my natural inclination is to take the opposite position. Really, I'm just very anti-cringe. Please find better pet names, for the love of God. They aren't clever. You're just jamming "cheat" into things like a square peg in a round hole.

I always just use the well-earned asterisks when referring to the Patriots*, or Bill Belichick*.

7 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I disagree with pretty much all of your post.

1) In a game like football, it's normal for fans to want games to be played fairly, and for fans to be angry when a team cheats or otherwise gains an unfair advantage.

2) During the playoff drought the Patriots were a well-run team and the Bills were not. The Patriots would have dominated the Bills regardless of whether they'd cheated. But, you'll recall that after the 2001 season, the Patriots beat Kurt Warner and the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl, by a 3 point margin, at a time when the Patriots were cheating. That game could easily have gone the other way, had both teams played by the rules.

3) Belichick cheated with the video taping stuff, got caught, and was penalized with the loss of a first round pick. Having gotten caught once/been punished once, Belichick chose to do the exact same thing again. You don't risk losing early draft picks by cheating, unless you think cheating gives you a meaningful advantage.

There's an almost hilarious account of league officials, in their suits, and dress shoes, stomping on the tapes in a cement-floored hallway outside the room that served as the Patriots* tape library. Sometime afterward, members of congress, furious at the destruction of evidence, actually threatened to rescind the NFL's anti-trust exemption. It has been noted by some in the legal profession that there were some teams in years that were close enough in record ('04 Jets, for example) that the cheating could have cost opponents participation in playoff games, which represent an enormous amount of lost revenue. And, because all the AFCE games take place in different states, that could have potentially opened up the Patriots* to interstate commerce, or RICO crimes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills never had as much talent as Miami does now when the patriots were taking a ***** on us year in and year out... wouldn't be surprised by a split between the two teams this year. 

In a QB driven league and with a huge gap between these two teams at the most important position...........

as long as Allen is upright and playing, it would be surprising to say the least if Miami beats the Bills.

Plus, the Bills are still significantly more talented than Miami throughout the rosters.

6 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Coming from a Dolphins fan whose been around for a little over a decade, I'd say no.

NE was the superior team every year but what really set them apart was the talent/coaching disparity. That disparity isn't there with you guys yet imo.

I would have to agree.

Brady and BB every year vs coaches like rex, jauron, marrone etc and qbs like tyrod, fitz, losman etc. Huge mismatches. 

Mcd and JA are really good but they are nowhere even close to BB and tom brady status yet needless to say,

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would have to agree.

Brady and BB every year vs coaches like rex, jauron, marrone etc and qbs like tyrod, fitz, losman etc. Huge mismatches. 

Mcd and JA are really good but they are nowhere even close to BB and tom brady status yet needless to say,

They don't cheat, for one thing.

3 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

The key word is "limited". He only played in 9 games. 

Did you watch the games that Miami won or the two games he was pulled?

He’s not impressive. I’ll let you know when he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Coming from a Dolphins fan whose been around for a little over a decade, I'd say no.

NE was the superior team every year but what really set them apart was the talent/coaching disparity. That disparity isn't there with you guys yet imo.

That's fair.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Concerned meaning what? 

I'm predicting the Bills go 12-5.... and I think two losses come in division. Either way I think they are a playoff team again and with some breaks could win the AFC, but I don't see them getting past Chiefs again. 

I mean the threads a little ridiculous no? The Patriots and Brady went a ridiculous 30 something and 3 against the Bills throughout his tenure and the Bills were just a pathetic franchise at the time.... . The Bills are what? 5-1 the past 3 years? 😅

That's why I said we're not to that level yet but with another 2-0 against MIA we would be on our way. didn't say we were close to what the Pats were.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:17 AM, BruceVilanch said:

Since Josh Allens arrival we are 5-1 against Miami and he has 18 TDs to 4ints. That's not including rushing totals. I think he's in their head at this point, he plays some of his best games against that team and several games have been absolute blowouts. I remember when Brady was in his prime and you knew the game was over on Wednesday, they had been that dominant against us that you just assumed it was a loss when we played NE. I'm not saying we're to that level yet, but if we dominate them twice again this year then we'll be on our way. Go Bills.

You young bucks... Miami was that to the Bills in the 70s and early 80s... 14 straight seasons of two losses... 

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1