Most forgiving NFL schedules of 2021: Favorable draws for 49ers, Patriots

https://www.nfl.com/news/most-forgiving-nfl-schedules-of-2021-favorable-draws-for-49ers-patriots

The Patriots have a more challenging path beginning in late October, with road games coming against the Chargers, Panthers, Falcons (on a short week), Bills, Colts and Dolphins, but they will have home-field advantage in second-half meetings with Cleveland, Tennessee, Buffalo and Jacksonville. This might be the most ideal schedule out there for a team looking to return to contention.

No surprise.

Lime thanks for sharing as it was an interesting read.  As far as the Bills, so many writers are living in the past thinking the Steelers is a tough game.  Sure, they have a decent defense, but their O Line was makeshift at best, their running game was terrible last year, and Harris hasn’t played an NFL game yet.  We’ll see.  Ben has to throw one million times to get to 300 yards a game.  The Dolphins won 10 games last year, but Vilanch brought up in another thread, we’re 5-1 against these ars hats.  Tua is getting destroyed by us and it won’t be pretty.  

We’ll be 4-0 after the first quarter!  6-1 at the halfway Mark (due to bye).

Go Bills!

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Miami and Washington are tests. KC is the first game against a team that is better than us. 

Agreed. Miami got better this offseason, but it will come down to Tua. Washington has a nasty friggin defense, but we'll have to see which version of Fitz they signed. We do know from experience though that Fitz always seems to play well against us. Still, that Washington defense makes me a bit nervous for Josh. 

• Agree 1

I think the Bills schedule is really favorable. Two bye weeks essentially. Yes two tough stretches but after that are easier matchups. I look at the schedule and don’t see how Buffalo isn’t 7-2 or so after 9 games 

43 minutes ago, H2o said:

Agreed. Miami got better this offseason, but it will come down to Tua. Washington has a nasty friggin defense, but we'll have to see which version of Fitz they signed. We do know from experience though that Fitz always seems to play well against us. Still, that Washington defense makes me a bit nervous for Josh. 

I think WFT will run away with the NFC east.

We'll see.  

Despite finishing 7-9 last year, most analysts still see the Patriots as a legitimate postseason contender.  So if you have that perception about them, of course playing 3rd Place schedule is going to look pretty favorable.  My opinion is they are giving Bill Belichick too much credit.

In the snippet you posted, they list ten October/November opponents for New England.  Out of that group, they should be the heavy underdogs in at least six of those games:  Bills 2x, Colts, Dolphins, Browns and Titans.  The Chargers will also be a very tough road opponent.  

If they escape this stretch with an above .500 record, I would say they are beating the odds.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Idk about that. The Giants got better this offseason, as did the Cowboys imo. NY has Saquon coming back and Dallas has Dak returning. Both offenses should be better. NY also signed Golladay in FA and drafted Kadarius Toney. Dallas got Micah Parsons, Jabril Cox, and Kelvin Joseph for that defense. Philly is a question mark with Hurts as the full-time starter and a new coaching staff, but they did get DeVonta Smith. I think it will be a tight race again, but with the team battling for the division being somewhere around 9-8 or 10-7 this time versus a sub .500 record last year. 

Edited by H2o

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Idk about that. The Giants got better this offseason, as did the Cowboys imo. NY has Saquon coming back and Dallas has Dak returning. Both offenses should be better. NY also signed Golladay in FA and drafted Kadarius Toney. Dallas got Micah Parsons, Jabril Cox, and Kelvin Joseph for that defense. Philly is a question mark with Hurts as the full-time starter and a new coaching staff, but they did get DeVonta Smith. I think it will be a tight race again, but with the team battling for the division being somewhere around 9-8 or 10-7 this time versus a sub .500 record last year. 

I hear you.

I’m not a big believer in Daniel Jones. 

Dallas always seems to disappoint even with a good roster. 

Iggles still finding their way. 

I also think Rivera stands out vs his peers in that division. The D is pretty formidable as well. If Fitz performs well, they’ll make noise in the NFC. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I hear you.

I’m not a big believer in Daniel Jones. 

Dallas always seems to disappoint even with a good roster. 

Iggles still finding their way. 

I also think Rivera stands out vs his peers in that division. The D is pretty formidable as well. If Fitz performs well, they’ll make noise in the NFC. 

Definitely not too high on Daniel Jones, but I think he can be a serviceable Brad Johnson type of QB. That defense in NY was starting to click by the end of the season as well. Having Saquon back will be huge. Things will also open up more so on offense with Golladay and Toney. I think they will be tough. 

Dallas does seem to "Dallas" themselves a lot, but I like the pieces they have. If Elliott can return to pre-big contract form then they could make some noise. 

Washington is definitely the front runner because of that defensive front. Young, Sweat, Allen, and Payne all get after it. Two other moves I liked were the signing of Curtis Samuel and Adam Humphries. Then in the draft they go get Dyami Brown, Shaka Toney, and Benjamin St-Juste. Rivera is doing an excellent job thus far in DC imo. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

Definitely not too high on Daniel Jones, but I think he can be a serviceable Brad Johnson type of QB. That defense in NY was starting to click by the end of the season as well. Having Saquon back will be huge. Things will also open up more so on offense with Golladay and Toney. I think they will be tough. 

Dallas does seem to "Dallas" themselves a lot, but I like the pieces they have. If Elliott can return to pre-big contract form then they could make some noise. 

Washington is definitely the front runner because of that defensive front. Young, Sweat, Allen, and Payne all get after it. Two other moves I liked were the signing of Curtis Samuel and Adam Humphries. Then in the draft they go get Dyami Brown, Shaka Toney, and Benjamin St-Juste. Rivera is doing an excellent job thus far in DC imo. 

You know, Rivera is the best thing to happen to that organization in quite some time. 

They’re gonna be fun to watch. 

Rivera/Fitz will be easy to root for. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

It depends if Dallas fixed the defense. Their offense is easily the best in the division if they can keep their oline healthy and with Dak back. Their defense last year was mind numbingly awful. Mike Nolan (who I said the minuted they hired him was a mistake) is out, Dan Quinn is in. Quinn was the Head Coach admittedly in Atlanta but their issues were always on his side of the ball so I am not sold on that hire either. 

Giants still meh, and I think Philly might be spectacularly bad.  Dallas and Washington are the two possible division winners. Quarterback advantage Dallas, coaching advantage Washington.