10 teams get five primetime games -- Bills not one of them

Logic

FWIW, on "The Athletic" there are two highlighted articles: "32 NFL staff predictions" and "Ranking the 12 most interesting games on the 2021 NFL schedule"

The cover photos for those two articles are:

GettyImages-1298213703-1024x683.jpg

and

GettyImages-1298197325-1024x683.jpg

I guess the draw there is they both show the Chiefs?

The Bills have the same amount of prime time games as the Vikings, Colts, Bears, and Raiders.

I'm looking at it again this morning, and I'm standing by my original statement: it's goofy. 

I understand the market size thing (though Green Bay has five prime time games), but it still feels a little bit like disrespect to me. Being lumped in with teams like the Bears and Vikings, while teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints get more prime time games....it just doesn't sit right.

I'm not gonna storm Goodell's office with pitchforks or anything. I don't really care all that much. It's just interesting. 1pm games (10am for me) are still the best. This is undisputed. I can prefer early afternoon games and still think the league is being a doody-head. That's my right as a member of the fan base with the most legendary inferiority complex in all of sports.

• Dislike 2

13 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Saints make no sense - are the in denial that Brees retired. Pittsburgh could be really average to bad this year and if Rodgers is traded, GB is a rebuild

Turbo, I started NOT watching the Saints even last year, and even when Brees was on the field.

Yeah, honestly it is puzzling.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills have the same amount of prime time games as the Vikings, Colts, Bears, and Raiders.

I'm looking at it again this morning, and I'm standing by my original statement: it's goofy. 

I understand the market size thing (though Green Bay has five prime time games), but it still feels a little bit like disrespect to me. Being lumped in with teams like the Bears and Vikings, while teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints get more prime time games....it just doesn't sit right.

I'm not gonna storm Goodell's office with pitchforks or anything. I don't really care all that much. It's just interesting. 1pm games (10am for me) are still the best. This is undisputed. I can prefer early afternoon games and still think the league is being a doody-head. That's my right as a member of the fan base with the most legendary inferiority complex in all of sports.

I would say the Bills could get flexed during the later part of the season, but jeepers, that schedule...I'm a Bills fan and I don't even know how interested I am in watching!  😆

Just kidding, folks!  No it's tough to win in this League.  Every team tries their hardest.  Those teams have a lot of pride.  Any given Sunday, yada-yada-yada.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Eh, not surprising looking at the actual schedule.  Outside of the Colts, Bucs and Steelers games, I don't see much in the way of prime time level excitement in the 1:00/4:00PM matchups.  And I'm guessing that all three of those games will be the nationally televised game in their time slot. 

20 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm not typically one to complain about lack of prime time respect from the league. I much prefer Sunday afternoon games to prime time games, any way.

That being said, I'm just curious what justification there is for the Bills -- coming off a 13-3 season, an AFC Championship game, and featuring an electric offense -- having less prime time appearances than the likes of the 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, or Saints. The Saints especially are quite puzzling. Jamies Winston and Taysom Hill really move the national viewership needle? 

Ah well. It is what it is. Just thought it was a little bit strange that some pretty cruddy teams and/or teams who had poor seasons last year get more prime time exposure than one of the top four finishers of the 2020 NFL season.

Source:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

"Ten teams each received five primetime games.

The Packers, Saints, Cowboys, Seahawks, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, 49ers, Chiefs and Bucs are scheduled for five night games each.

The Saints and Cowboys also have Thanksgiving Day games, and the Packers a Christmas Day game.

The Bears, Vikings, Raiders, Colts and Bills each are scheduled for four primetime games."

Good,I hate night games

21 hours ago, Logic said:

The comments about “whining/complaining” are funny — as if I didn’t mention in my opening line that I prefer afternoon games any way.

I suppose simply pointing out that Josh Allen is getting less prime time games than Jamies Winston is verboten. How silly of me to even bring it up.

🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, MJS said:

5 prime time games if you include the Superbowl...

If anyone can’t see that the late -currently Saturday game is nationally televised or the 4:25 pm @ Tampa, it’s only because they don’t want to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm not typically one to complain about lack of prime time respect from the league. I much prefer Sunday afternoon games to prime time games, any way.

That being said, I'm just curious what justification there is for the Bills -- coming off a 13-3 season, an AFC Championship game, and featuring an electric offense -- having less prime time appearances than the likes of the 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, or Saints. The Saints especially are quite puzzling. Jamies Winston and Taysom Hill really move the national viewership needle? 

Ah well. It is what it is. Just thought it was a little bit strange that some pretty cruddy teams and/or teams who had poor seasons last year get more prime time exposure than one of the top four finishers of the 2020 NFL season.

Source:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

"Ten teams each received five primetime games.

The Packers, Saints, Cowboys, Seahawks, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, 49ers, Chiefs and Bucs are scheduled for five night games each.

The Saints and Cowboys also have Thanksgiving Day games, and the Packers a Christmas Day game.

The Bears, Vikings, Raiders, Colts and Bills each are scheduled for four primetime games."

based on their opponents, the only game not in is a Miami game and Indy game.  Tampa is a 425  game that could be the only 425 game that week.

Carolina game is designated as a possible Saturday game.

their schedule was road opponent heavy in these matchups.

this is a non issue

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This. It is a Bills fan obsession. As I have said many times..... not just a chip on the shoulder.... the whole sack of potatoes. 

No doubt. Hopefully a couple more years of winning will shake loose the combined persecution/inferiority complexes so many of these posters cling to like their blankie.

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

No doubt. Hopefully a couple more years of winning will shake loose the combined persecution/inferiority complexes so many of these posters cling to like their blankie.

It is not a blankie but I spent 17 years perfecting those arguments, it is gonna take some time to break that habit. 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:50 PM, Logic said:

The comments about “whining/complaining” are funny — as if I didn’t mention in my opening line that I prefer afternoon games any way.

I suppose simply pointing out that Josh Allen is getting less prime time games than Jamies Winston is verboten. How silly of me to even bring it up.

It's Bills, Saints...not Allen, Winston.

They book these games based on predicted viewership.  Buffalo isn't a huge draw in every region yet.  It's that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1