10 teams get five primetime games -- Bills not one of them

Logic

It’s all about staying power, The Bills have been the AFCE champs once in how many years? Just making the playoffs isn’t good enough, yes yes, we are Bills fans but it is what it is,

Go Bills!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DJB said:

I mean I agree with you certainly about Saints....but it is what it is. 

Bills will never be a league favorite and treated as royalty like other teams are. 

This team hasn't been relevant since the early 90's.

It takes a few seasons to build credibility.

• Agree 1

I just saw the guy and woman who are the primary team behind the NFL schedule, on NFLN, talking about the process. They specifically mentioned the Bills and said they knew they deserved as many prime time games and specifically home prime time games, as anyone. They said the reason we got 4 and not 5 was that we have the Thanksgiving game and therefore did not have another Thursday game.  (I know that is not 100% true, since the Saints still got 5, but that was their reasoning) Personally, I am very happy with the schedule. 

When discussing the schedule a bit later in the show, the hosts said they felt the Bills should have had another primetime game.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

12 hours ago, Logic said:

The Packers, Saints, Cowboys, Seahawks, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, 49ers, Chiefs and Bucs are scheduled for five night games each.

The Saints and Cowboys also have Thanksgiving Day games, and the Packers a Christmas Day game.

The Bears, Vikings, Raiders, Colts and Bills each are scheduled for four primetime games."

Four games is a pretty good balance of respect and not having to play a 5th game at a weird time. 

Getting a Thanksgiving game two years after the last one may be the sweetest plum in terms of respect from the league. That's the ultimate regular season marquee game. You almost have to wonder if they are trying to make the Bills TG Day Game a thing.

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm not typically one to complain about lack of prime time respect from the league. I much prefer Sunday afternoon games to prime time games, any way.

That being said, I'm just curious what justification there is for the Bills -- coming off a 13-3 season, an AFC Championship game, and featuring an electric offense -- having less prime time appearances than the likes of the 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, or Saints. The Saints especially are quite puzzling. Jamies Winston and Taysom Hill really move the national viewership needle? 

Ah well. It is what it is. Just thought it was a little bit strange that some pretty cruddy teams and/or teams who had poor seasons last year get more prime time exposure than one of the top four finishers of the 2020 NFL season.

Source:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

"Ten teams each received five primetime games.

The Packers, Saints, Cowboys, Seahawks, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, 49ers, Chiefs and Bucs are scheduled for five night games each.

The Saints and Cowboys also have Thanksgiving Day games, and the Packers a Christmas Day game.

The Bears, Vikings, Raiders, Colts and Bills each are scheduled for four primetime games."

2 words - Market Size.  Forgive me if this has already been stated....

18 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Four games is a pretty good balance of respect and not having to play a 5th game at a weird time. 

Getting a Thanksgiving game two years after the last one may be the sweetest plum in terms of respect from the league. That's the ultimate regular season marquee game. You almost have to wonder if they are trying to make the Bills TG Day Game a thing.

Wasn't the Bills-Cowboys game the highest rated Thanksgiving day game ever or at least in a very long time. They also had strong ratings last year in primetime. That definitely is noticed by the league and networks. 

3 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

2 words - Market Size.  Forgive me if this has already been stated....

Pitt and GB aren't large markets but they have been getting a lot of primetime games for a long time now. Both have strong national appeal and bring in ratings. The Bills are like that to but the only difference is Pitt and GB have been winning for a long time now while BUF just started to have winning seasons again.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, thronethinker said:

I’m sure There is outrage the Browns don't have more since so many are anointing them second best in AFC now. 

That is funny!!! Yeah they won the Off season signing period made some moves...how many times did the Bills do that and it didn't matter. You can have all the hot shots in the room you want but if they don't jell and play together and for each other it doesn't matter. The Bills proved that over and over again. Now we have less hot shots and more teammates looking out for each other. I will take that any day of the week.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Pitt and GB aren't large markets but they have been getting a lot of primetime games for a long time now. Both have strong national appeal and bring in ratings. The Bills are like that to but the only difference is Pitt and GB have been winning for a long time now while BUF just started to have winning seasons again.

Pitt and GB between them have how many SB's?  THATS why......until the Bills get a few SB's they will be shat on.....not that I worry about these things.....