Anyone been to a game in New Orleans?

Virgil

It's a fun city, just be careful when down in the French quarters and what not. If you leave the entertainment district on accident it gets rough fast. 

As far as the stadium, not a bad seat in the house. I only live 3ish hours from there, race my car over there so I'm over there a good bit.

• Like (+1) 1

Drink lots of water, it’s a marathon not a sprint. Hit up some of the unreal eating establishments (love GW fins, Dragos, Felix’s). Last time we were there the swamp & the beach were the Bills fan gathering places. Spent a lot of time there & drank enough to put down an elephant. Make sure to grab some hand grenades, but be careful they go down pretty easy. On a non drinking related suggestion, the WW2 museum was great. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yea their fans are the nicest in the world. I just lived their for the last six months and man is the city in rough shape. Hope they can clean it up by fall.  

We did airbnb for the last game btw. Condo right off bourbon. Stumble home.  

Virgil

Are you going with family or not

If you are 

Plan on going to the aquarium they redid it after the hurricane and did a real nice job.

The airport looks like a frat house and smells as bad. Know they could have put new carpet in but I don't know.

Hotels are soso 5 star not so 5 star there are some really nice airbnbs but watch the locations of where they are.

If you like seafood 😋than gumbo will be your favorite.

No family 

No problem find some beed bate(a lite one you'll figure that out) and hit up bourbon street.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve never been to NOLA but we are psyched. We just booked a 3 bedroom house for the Thanksgiving game Wednesday to Sunday. Figured we can fill the rooms with other couples, friends, etc. in short order. Also it let’s us piece out the cost. Place to stay, tickets, flight, so it doesn’t feel like one lump sum. 

If anybody is considering it, I’d start looking. We got our Air BnB, whole house, 3 queen beds, 300 bucks per night. Most stuff is 3-500, not too crazy. I bet it starts to go up as things begin to open and tickets go on sale. 

I’ll be following this thread for sure. 

2 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

It’s loud 

make sure your hotel reservations are confirmed (double check)

irs fun but smells 

they spray Bourbon Street with a high-pressure washer vehicle every morning so it’s all good

Has anybody been to a Thanksgiving game? Curious about ticket prices and timing.

There are going to be 6 of us. Looks like we are $250+ to sit way up high. I’m thinking sticker price is high since the season is just kicking off. I can’t imagine NO is all that great with either Hill or Winston. I’d expect to see a price drop. 

When I lived in OKC I thought of hitting a Dallas game on Thanksgiving just because it was something to do. They were a quality team, Romo was playing, and I could grab tickets the week before at sun $200. 

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it’s funny you say that— when I think of New Orleans, all I can think of is the smell of urine, vomit, and marijuana mixed together. 

I was there once for a conference. Wandered around, felt like a humid Las Vegas. Drunk idiots everywhere with giant neon drinks. Meh. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I was there once for a conference. Wandered around, felt like a humid Las Vegas. Drunk idiots everywhere with giant neon drinks. Meh. 

Bourbon Street is fun if you’re in college or your twenties. After that it’s disgusting. Restaurants are awesome and architecture is cool. 

5 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ve never been to NOLA but we are psyched. We just booked a 3 bedroom house for the Thanksgiving game Wednesday to Sunday. Figured we can fill the rooms with other couples, friends, etc. in short order. Also it let’s us piece out the cost. Place to stay, tickets, flight, so it doesn’t feel like one lump sum. 

If anybody is considering it, I’d start looking. We got our Air BnB, whole house, 3 queen beds, 300 bucks per night. Most stuff is 3-500, not too crazy. I bet it starts to go up as things begin to open and tickets go on sale. 

I’ll be following this thread for sure. 

Sounds great Mango, which floor am I placing my sleeping bag?😂🏈. Don’t worry I’ll rarely be there as I’ll be too busy contributing to the smell of urine peeing all over the quarter, and vomiting up the 20 daquiries I’ll be drinking per day.

As you know I’m kidding.  To the OP’s question, I went to one NO game, but not a Bills one.  We were there for a conference and stayed extra for the weekend.  It was fun, nice hotels, but stay at least a few block from the quarter as it does stink.  One thing I loved about NO, outside of the nightlife and awesome restaurants, is daddada, the coffee.  They have the best coffee outside of maybe the Kona stuff when in Maui.  It really is a fun city, but old and now a little better as they’ve been working on 5e restoration for 16 years since Katrina.

Youll have a great time Virg., and can be a fun destination if you’re not tied to the big family thanksgiving dinner thing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.