Devin Singletary got swoll

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, this year should prove if he will be the top dawg moving forward...I, personally, don’t think Singletary is THAT guy...to me, he is a “Patriots” style running back- a dime-a-dozen...I prefer more of a playmaker, a threat to run and catch, not JAG...I have very low expectations for our run game this year, and wouldn’t be surprised if he is not the starter by season’s end...

He wasn't the starter by the end of last year before Moss broke his ankle. After the fumble in San Fran (which went against Josh officially but was on Devin) Moss had the lions share of the workload until he got  hurt.

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He wasn't the starter by the end of last year before Moss broke his ankle. After the fumble in San Fran (which went against Josh officially but was on Devin) Moss had the lions share of the workload until he got  hurt.

i coulda swore it was moss that muffed that hand off. 

EDIT: i just youtubed the highlights. it was moss for sure.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i coulda swore it was moss that muffed that hand off. 

EDIT: i just youtubed the highlights. it was moss for sure.

Ah, my mistake. Well maybe McD was rewarding him by then making him the starter? Haha. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Don't get me wrong, some of the issue most definitely comes from the OL. I just think it is much less than 80%. I agree, the line is much better suited for pass pro. 

If you're OL is built to be the best at OL, a slow, hesitating, non-physical back, is going to have a very tough time no matter how many people he can make miss in a phone booth. 

Again.......4.8 yards per carry on over 300 carries.    It's not a 1990's RB room........the talent isn't at that position anymore.......but of the group he is the most traditionally "talented" of their RB's.   Instincts, balance, elusiveness.

He was not an ideal fit for their preferred run scheme last season but still was an above average producer on the ground.    His offseason work seems to have been geared to becoming better within this scheme,  one-cut and go, more like Breida/Moss/Williams.    

The run blocking is the much bigger issue.   By the end of the season both Singletary and Moss were so accustomed to being met by an unblocked defender at the LOS that they were starting to anticipate the hit and how to avoid it and that hesitation started costing them yardage.    Their trust in the OL was justifiably very low.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

True. And that one time he dropped the pass. I mean..

I'm stunned that so many think that was a game changing play.  Did it suck?  Sure.  Would that have changed the end result?  Hell no.  

Actually scrap that, I'm not stunned because its just what we do here but thank god the organization isn't the same way anymore.  How many years did we suffer through front office morons thinking that investing draft capital in the RB position was a good way to go?

• Like (+1) 1

Someone (I forget who the guest was, so I apologize) on WGR during One Bills Live before the draft was saying that Singletary had been working on his explosiveness and speed in the offseason, and he had gone from wanting the Bills to draft a RB to 100% on board with Singletary based on the results of his offseason work.

I found that interesting... They were talking about whether you could really improve speed, and I guess (based on the conversation) that guys CAN add a little bit of speed in terms of top-end but really add explosiveness, which is more important 90% of the time. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I'm stunned that so many think that was a game changing play.  Did it suck?  Sure.  Would that have changed the end result?  Hell no.  

Actually scrap that, I'm not stunned because its just what we do here but thank god the organization isn't the same way anymore.  How many years did we suffer through front office morons thinking that investing draft capital in the RB position was a good way to go?

Yeah. Singletary did pretty well in what limited opportunity he had. Was the best RB on the roster all year but people always find something to complain about. Just look at this thread. 

8 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yeah. Singletary did pretty well in what limited opportunity he had. Was the best RB on the roster all year but people always find something to complain about. Just look at this thread. 

He also looked quite good in 2019 when most here thought he was underutilized.  Now he simultaneously sucks but yet is also valuable enough to trade for draft capital.  Weird!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

have you seen him with his pants off?

Is Sherlock your burner account?

24 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

He also looked quite good in 2019 when most here thought he was underutilized.  Now he simultaneously sucks but yet is also valuable enough to trade for draft capital.  Weird!

That's typical.  The General Managers on TBD typically think that various players suck and can be traded for 2nd round picks.

At the same time, we believe we can acquire talented players off other rosters for a 5th or 6th rounder.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is Sherlock your burner account?

That's typical.  The General Managers on TBD typically think that various players suck and can be traded for 2nd round picks.

At the same time, we believe we can acquire talented players off other rosters for a 5th or 6th rounder.

Exactly.  Regardless of what we all think about him I think that the takeaway from what we've heard about his offseason is that he's working his tail off and trying to get better.  Whether it translates on the field is yet to be seen but I would hope that we can all appreciate his commitment!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2