Devin Singletary got swoll

On 5/13/2021 at 12:27 PM, MJS said:

I just re-watched the rams game. Singletary looked really good in that game. 14 carries for 71 yards, 5.5 ypa, 4 receptions for 50 yards. He also had a couple of nice pass blocks. Moss was injured that game and didn't play.

Singletary definately has it in him to be a good running back. He showed it his rookie year and he showed it at times in 2020.

I don't get the hate either. Solid yards per touch, always moving forward. Physical freak that annually get attention for his workout. Still has a job. He still has just as much of a chance of breaking out as he does of doing nothing.

I think the issue is that he seems redundant, and Zack Moss looks just as good, if not more interesting because he's got less time under his belt. I love the idea of Breida switching it up with either of them assuming he's healthy and has the same speed he showed in San Francisco, but I doubt they'll dress all three. So Singletary and Moss? I like both of them individually I just don't really understand the tandem.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Moss is going to emerge as the number one RB.

Breida could emerge as the number 2 back that adds the speed element to the team,

Antonio Williams is a major wild card here.

Singletary might not have a role if everyone stays relatively healthy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Breida could emerge as the number 2 back that adds the speed element to the team,

Moss was really catching on at the end of the season. 

The Bills did exactly what they wanted to with the RB position this offseason, create a situation that demands strong competition. 

Singletary is now jacked. 

Moss is coming back from his injury. 

Breida is a FA trying to rebound in a high flying offense. 

They all have much to prove and have to fight for their spot. 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:33 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Singletary was always jacked

I've never met an NFL running back that wasn't

He's 5'8 200 lb.. he's always been a brick s*** house

Now he's just taking pictures with his shirt off

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

- There seems to be a rabid pack of Pitbulls on TBD. They ain't happy unless they are chewing on someone...

Singletary - May 2019

llmgcukj8gzozzkbwpuw

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/how-heartbreak-motivated-devin-singletary-to-become-an-electrifying-running-back

Edited by cd1

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

God I love the offseason. One random photo and he's either overweight and/or on roids. It will be hilarious if the photo is just perspective and it turns out he actually lost weight.

I also love the armchair fitness gurus that just think more muscle has to equal slower.  I tend to trust the training methods of a freaking professional athlete.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

I honestly don't think they will have a true #1.  The offense runs through Allen and simply using run to throw off the def.  I expect 60/40 pass/run.  They'll use the hottest hand per game

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I honestly don't think they will have a true #1.  The offense runs through Allen and simply using run to throw off the def.  I expect 60/40 pass/run.  They'll use the hottest hand per game

Sort of like the Patriots did all of those years 🤷🏻‍♂️

It better help him turn the corner or hit the hole faster... that is his problem! Quick burst and decisiveness is what I want to see. He isn’t a fullback. That being said he should break more tackles this year looking like that. 

17 hours ago, Nelius said:

I don't get the hate either. Solid yards per touch, always moving forward. Physical freak that annually get attention for his workout. Still has a job. He still has just as much of a chance of breaking out as he does of doing nothing.

I think the issue is that he seems redundant, and Zack Moss looks just as good, if not more interesting because he's got less time under his belt. I love the idea of Breida switching it up with either of them assuming he's healthy and has the same speed he showed in San Francisco, but I doubt they'll dress all three. So Singletary and Moss? I like both of them individually I just don't really understand the tandem.

Singletary needs to gather more mental toughness. Year 1, he had ball security problems, last year he was pretty much yanked from the AFCCG due to not being reliable. 

He needs to be stronger off first contact, adding weight will hopefully do this. 

He has has the tools, he’s flashed what you need to succeed, now put it all together.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, whorlnut said:

Not impressed one bit. He’s already slow and I’m not sure how adding muscle will help him catch a screen pass. 

if anything the pass protection will be killer for josh this season

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, Draconator said:

I'm in the camp of trading Singletary and a 3rd to Jax for Etienne. I'm just not ready to give up on that. 

Apparently Etienne is spending rookie camp learning to be a wide receiver. Seems strange to use a first round draft choice on a guy you are trying to put at a position that he has never, ever played. Maybe he’s moving him into that H-Back role 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think it’s clearly the job of Zack Moss to lose.  

-He’s an ELITE pass pro back. 

-Catches the ball well out of the backfield.  

-Strong runner, decisive and fits our scheme.  

That being said, I think Singletary vs Breida could be a fantastic fight for the #2 spot.  From all accounts Singletary is working out like crazy and focusing on speed/burst.  I’m not sure how much of that can be generated beyond genetics, but if he can just get a little more speed/burst, it could make all the difference for him.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

That being said, I think Singletary vs Breida could be a fantastic fight for the #2 spot.  From all accounts Singletary is working out like crazy and focusing on speed/burst.  I’m not sure how much of that can be generated beyond genetics, but if he can just get a little more speed/burst, it could make all the difference for him.  

Another reason is blocking scheme. Buffalo switched to more zone blocking in the 2nd half of last season.

Moss ran behind zone blocking at college. Singletary didn't. Maybe that is part of why DS looked more indecisive as the season went on and his YPC dipped?

Spain, Feliciano, Singletary benefit from man/power gap blocking schemes. People are down on Motor/ Feliciano. Spain was sent packing after being extended and having a good year in 2019. (Didn't like the switch?)

Williams/ Morse/ Moss benefit from zone blocking. All are retained. Williams' career got a second act and was extended. Moss improved after the switch and benefitted from more playing time.

Breida is a one cut zone runner with speed.

This line is still lacking zone blocking guards, which is why I am confused the draft didn't find scheme matching IOL drafted.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

For as much as I've supported Motor in a bunch of threads, I think you're 100% correct.  We didn't see a ton of him but he seems to do a bunch of things very well.  Not going to get 200 yards in a game but we don't need that.  Call me overly optimistic but I see a lot of Fred Jackson qualities in Moss...just need to get him a signature end zone celebration 😎

2 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Spain, Feliciano, Singletary benefit from man/power gap blocking schemes. People are down on Motor/ Feliciano. Spain was sent packing after being extended and having a good year in 2019. (Didn't like the switch?)

Spain was not starter week for in LA but did play more snaps than starter Winters.

He was returning to Tennessee which he played before and was told he was not starting and then he suffered a mysterious foot aliment.

He was then released without an injury settlement.

He obviously did not like being benched although he liked the money they were paying him.

1 hour ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

For as much as I've supported Motor in a bunch of threads, I think you're 100% correct.  We didn't see a ton of him but he seems to do a bunch of things very well.  Not going to get 200 yards in a game but we don't need that.  Call me overly optimistic but I see a lot of Fred Jackson qualities in Moss...just need to get him a signature end zone celebration 😎

The two backs together do not make Fred Jackson.  He was our most Thurman like back since Thurman.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:36 PM, Success said:

I see a big comeback year for him this season.  Blocking hurt our whole run game last year - our O-line did great in pass protection, but didn't open up too many holes for any of the backs.

He's still a playmaker. He has that quickness in the open field - they have to get him the ball more like that (short passes, screens, misdirections, etc.)

I think the muscle mass is good. He was way too light in the ass. He could break a tackle or score a touchdown. My guess is next year he won't be on the Bill's roster. Singletary is nothing but an average run of the mill rb. Serviceable I suppose. He isn't elite and is easily replaceable.  

On 5/15/2021 at 3:04 AM, njbuff said:

I don’t. Singletary was better last year and I think he offers more than Moss.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 3