Devin Singletary got swoll

1 hour ago, JimmyNoodles said:

You can cherry pick anything to suit your purpose.  Throw out his good runs and then yeah, his average declines.  Why don't we throw out the runs with no blocking and see his average climb?  If your point is that sometimes we need someone to grind out a yard or two yards in short yardage, then I agree with you there.  Neither Moss nor Singletary is that kind of back, someone to push a pile for a yard to get a first down.  The Bills should get a bigger back for that duty and I think they have neglected that role.  IMO they thought Moss could it, but I think he's too small too.  As for the drop...he dropped it.  All players screw up.  If you want to vilify him for that, that's your preogative.      

You're all missing my main point. And cherry picking the multiple "removes" without reading the context. And that's that his good plays last season - the ones that swing his average - came on plays that didn't matter. 50 yard TD runs when the game was well over. 10+ yard draw plays when the D was more than willing to give him that cushion to prevent the ball going down field on 3rd and 12+

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 5/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

20210512_171740.jpg

Holy jumpin  *****

Dammn Kid ! Nice offseason from you Motor.
thems some bruising shoulders. No pads needed  lol

GO BILLS!

On 5/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, HOUSE said:

3 weeks after signing next deal

image.png.e50c700461e5d9883f05e72afc646c8f.png

Thought we were keeping this pictures private ..

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're all missing my main point. And cherry picking the multiple "removes" without reading the context. And that's that his good plays last season - the ones that swing his average - came on plays that didn't matter. 50 yard TD runs when the game was well over. 10+ yard draw plays when the D was more than willing to give him that cushion to prevent the ball going down field on 3rd and 12+

Singletary has had 307 career carries. I’ll await your breakdown of those that mattered and those that didn’t. 

On 5/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, BigDingus said:

Psssh... It's all CGI, don't believe NASA! The earth is flat!

COG. and i do not mean cost of goods  lol

Center of gravity.

Kid is built to play low and drive defenders when already in motion. and he has that #cutondime shiftiness.

lets get him and Moss some second level holes past LOS this season

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

you called ? and I appear.

• Haha (+1) 1

I like motor...the oline did him no favors in the run game. 

There is a lot of room for him and the oline to grow in the run game. 

There is a reason we drafted big bodied olinemen this year and pass protection wasn't why. 

On 5/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

20210512_171740.jpg

Wow, that does not look like your typical speedy type back ( thought moss was supposed to be the power guy) !  Also doesn’t look like a supple receiving back with flexibility,,,, looks more like he is going to be tested frequently for anabolic steroids ( maybe it’s more hgh with ill defined legal levels !  ).  Kind of a strange thing as he wasn’t having durability issues. He was having speed, receiving, Vision issues hitting holes.    Guess he wants to break more tackles , not go down with first contact but that’s a balance issue.   I guess the teams physical trainers are behind this ! ?   Wish I looked that good,,,,,,but I have a good personality ! 😂

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No, you just aren't making a point.

If you don't at least provide some comparative data to show how Singletary compares to other RB's in whatever fields you consider to be "situations that matter" then it's just you thinking that the musings of your imagination are reality.

The league average per carry is 4.2 yards......and it's a little lower for RB's.   Singletary has averaged 4.8 on over 300+ carries.   His biggest problem may be a LACK of big run plays.   So his numbers certainly aren't significantly padded by the result of some big runs.     And when are they running all these draw plays on 3rd and 12?   They had the fewest punts in the league last year.    :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Remove the first year and remove the occasional 50+ yard scamper in garbage time when the opposing D has turtled (like against the Broncos) and remove the 10 yards or so the D would give him in 3rd and 15+ situations and the like - I'd bet that stellar looking average don't look so stellar. When we needed the tough yards, they consistently didn't come last season. Are some of us maybe a little too harsh on him? Perhaps. But let's not overcorrect and point to his inflated ypc to say he's solid. Tell me what the O-Line did wrong on this drive killer in the championship game?

Taking away first year makes no sense. He actually supplanted starting RB.

Taking away easy ones makes no sense for you are not taking out hard ones due to good DL play or poor OL play.

OBVIOUSLY your agreement is weak and you are taking out plays do not support it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You have no point, main or otherwise. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

There is a reason we drafted big bodied olinemen this year and pass protection wasn't why. 

Wrong, neither of the giant tackles were drafted for their run blocking abilities. It is not a strong point for either of them.

6 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Wait a minute. Was he the RB that dropped that easy pass in the KC playoff game ?

I'd much rather see him pictured with a juggs machine

This is his last chance to up or he will be shipped out.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, Success said:

I see a big comeback year for him this season.  Blocking hurt our whole run game last year - our O-line did great in pass protection, but didn't open up too many holes for any of the backs.

He's still a playmaker. He has that quickness in the open field - they have to get him the ball more like that (short passes, screens, misdirections, etc.)

He has some ridiculous change of direction skills and he may not have the home run speed but he's good for explosive bursts that get him away from a crowd. So what if he's not a between the tackles guy or whatever. Define what he does best and design plays that utilize his best skills.