Devin Singletary got swoll

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Adding muscle mass is rarely a good idea for a running back.

But did he add mass?  He was listed as 5'7" and 203"  That's hardly considered svelte.  It may be that what he has is just more defined than it was a year ago..  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

He better be... He is fighting for a starting spot right now.

Don’t know why. He was the best RB on the team last year. And probably will be again.

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

And half the speed 

And twice the moves.

Five pages and not a single mention of the article a month ago about him working on his speed and quickness?

has completely dominated the offseason,” Hicks says. “He’s so much faster, so much more explosive. He’s got all the shakes. He’s got all the agilities. He’s got all of the jukes. But he didn’t have the burst. He was lacking that.”

Not anymore.

Four days a week, two hours a day at PER4ORM, they hit the lab. On Mondays, they’ll drive the sled to feed explosion. Throughout the week, Singletary masters every type of cut imaginable: the sweep cut, jump cut, skinny cut and hesi-burst. The emphasis, always, is to get north and south so every drill is timed. On Thursdays, they’ll fine-tune “back-end speed.” That is, Hicks taught Singletary how to run because, frankly, Hicks says Singletary never was before. His mechanics were shot.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/what-fuels-motor-devin-singletary

If he's adding burst and strength, only poor blocking should hold him back. I think the RB room has a lot of potential, but it's hard to ignore the poor production last year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Dude, that was a weak comeback. I have more faith in you than that

"Dude",  you used AC Slater in your post......I believe that is the dictionary definition of "weak comeback"!!😁

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, delirious said:

I would enjoy seeing Singletary stiff arm Gilmore into oblivion, like Henry did Josh Norman. 

Now all we need is Gilmore to work up enough courage to attempt a tackle

God I hope I'm wrong in general but I'd bet my $ on Gilmore knocking Singletary out of a game, than vice versa. I'd love to be wrong, but I have low goals for this guy. He's just so average in every single skill set. Hope Moss takes this job by the throat

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s pretty weird that you quoted all of us. Don’t be the weird dude

Dont think it’s that weird to consolidate all the haters into one reply. Seems efficient actually. You sound weird and extra salty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

I guess that's better than the Karlos Williams workout plan

Leave it to Bills fans to complain about a player working out too much, maintaining a strict diet, and improving his overall physical fitness. I'm sure if it was something the training staff and coaches didn't want him to do, they would have told him months ago. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

God I hope I'm wrong in general but I'd bet my $ on Gilmore knocking Singletary out of a game, than vice versa. I'd love to be wrong, but I have low goals for this guy. He's just so average in every single skill set. Hope Moss takes this job by the throat

Gilmore has never laid a big hit on anyone in his life.

11 hours ago, HOUSE said:

3 weeks after signing next deal

image.png.e50c700461e5d9883f05e72afc646c8f.png

Not sure if I’m laughing or throwing up a little bit in my mouth.

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

He playing Chess now?

Nah that’s Belicheck.  Everyone else is playing checkers, remember?

As far as his muscle, all jokes aside, IDK.  Some RB’s as they get older try and lose weight to keep up their speed.  One of my favorites Fredex told some national radio outlets, he went the opposite and put on muscle for between the tackles.

13 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Adding muscle mass is rarely a good idea for a running back.

7 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Five pages and not a single mention of the article a month ago about him working on his speed and quickness?

If he's adding burst and strength, only poor blocking should hold him back. I think the RB room has a lot of potential, but it's hard to ignore the poor production last year. 

I remember reading this.  Although he says he doesn’t dwell on that fateful drop against KC, he says it stays with him and that it won’t happen again and that it has motivated him to be the best version of himself.   It appears that what he said is not BS.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, elroy16 said:

He worked out, though, so that negates any speed he might have gained. Probably added 30 pounds of muscle, I'm just going to guess since it would work nicely with the narrative in my head.

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

They just haven't prioritized run blocking o-linemen. The pass blocking last year was mostly great. As much as I got frustrated with Singletary and Moss as runners, they at least were both decent pass blockers. The biggest issue is we had no pass catching ability from our RBs at all. I'm hoping Breida can give us that element. For an offense that spreads out a lot we need a RB that can hit the hole fast and can be a weapon after catching the ball in space. Singletary and Moss are both power backs, in theory. That style makes no sense for the offense we run. James White in his prime should be our prototype.

Don't get me wrong, some of the issue most definitely comes from the OL. I just think it is much less than 80%. I agree, the line is much better suited for pass pro. 

If you're OL is built to be the best at OL, a slow, hesitating, non-physical back, is going to have a very tough time no matter how many people he can make miss in a phone booth.