Bills interested in CB Steven Nelson

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

The value at CB wasn’t there in the draft.  It’s not hard to free up 6-8M for next season.  Of the teams listed, we give him the best chance at winning a super bowl....and getting revenge on both of his former teams.  Makes perfect sense

Its not hard to do as we see from other teams, but Beane seems reluctant to do it..

I would support him coming here though on a 1 yr deal...

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its not hard to do as we see from other teams, but Beane seems reluctant to do it..

I would support him coming here though on a 1 yr deal...

He’s reluctant so far, but now it’s post-draft.  He knows it’s go time.  There isn’t another cB available even close to as good as nelson is imo.  Sherman looked terrible last season compared to the previous year when he had the best pass rush in football. I would never want to see him in man.  Imo, if we sign a corner, he has to be at least somewhat capable in man. Sherman isn’t at this stage. 

If he wants to upgrade our cb, Nelson is his last chance to do so via free agency/draft. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not to be a party pooper, but...

Recently on Twitter, Steven Nelson replied to a post by stating that the reason he hasn't signed with any team yet is "absolutely about money".

To me, that sounds like no one has offered him what he feels he's worth. I would guess the Bills, with their cap situation as it is, are near the front of the line of "not offering him what he thinks he's worth".

Yes, he's gonna have to come down off his asking price if he wants to play this year, but no, I don't see the Bills being the highest bidders when the smoke clears. He seems to want decent money, and I can't imagine Buffalo out-bidding 13 other teams for his services.

I hope I'm wrong, because he would make the Bills A LOT better on defense, but that's how I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is definitely intentional that Levi plays off pretty much the whole time. The Bills scheme around his limitations and there is always an opportunity for a short completion on his side. That is what they ask him to do, keep it all infront of him, rally and tackle and for the most part he does it well. The Bills want to make every offense go 11 or 12 plays to score and they calculate most will make a mistake somewhere and they will get them off the field if they just avoid the big play. The problem KC pose is they can hit the big play even when that is what you are trying to take away. The question is how much does that make it worth being a bit more boom or bust to play more aggressive coverage? I think it comes back to @Buffalo716's post yesterday. The Bills coach and play what they know and what they believe in. They need to add some wrinkles to that but the second half of the AFCCG confirmed to me that more radical changes to what they are is not the way to go. If they can sprinkle just a little man in against a KC as a different look, fine, I'm all for it. 

McDermott and co ran man last year on 3rd down at a pretty good clip.. for a zone heaven scheme.  he was able to give some different looks as you mentioned

He wasn't afraid to man up but it would serve well if we got another corner that can excel in man techniques.. even if he's a package guy  

Tightening up our zone and getting a better pass rush  is more ideal

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If buffalo extends Allen soon, alot of cash upfront.  Move money around to open up cap space this year and next. Could do the same with Edmunds.

Edited by Mat68

This would be a excellent signing post draft. Obviously we didn’t draft a guy that can help our back 7 this year. A 4th safety at best. Steve Nelson would start opposite Tre and add nice depth to our CB room. Need to extend someone to create space for Nelson & Jerrel Casey. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea that approach doesn’t work against a prolific offense like KCs.... Mahomes is just too good. Gotta hope the rookies and other younger guys can step up and become playmakers..... oh and the offense can figure out how to not ***** the bed against the Chiefs defense. 

I don’t see them beating out the Chiefs again this year but obviously a lot can change. 

If the bucks can do it we can do it

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Please sign this guy already Beane. This is why you freed up capspace with Diggs' redo. We need this guy and Ertz.

Or Kawann Short. Honestly, I feel better about our Corner's than I do our 1-Tech and Tight End situations.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1