Bills interested in CB Steven Nelson

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Until Beane brings in a quality upgrade in the 3 areas of weakness, his offseason is OK, nothing more. DB, TE, D tackle is pedestrian. No one cares who the problem is.Beane is competent and he's got capspace. 

It appears you didn’t realize that it takes two to tango…, 

nuthin but love but you are being a bit myopic 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It appears you didn’t realize that it takes two to tango…, 

nuthin but love but you are being a bit myopic 

Go Bills!!!

I respect your measured reaction to my expectations. The reason for my frustration is KC and Tampa can bring back their 2020 starting teams and beat us because our dbs and LBs can't handle talented TEs and we don't play the run well enough. Examples, Rams, KC twice, Titans and Indy with Taylor and their TEs shredding us. Now Star is back and I expect better D-line pressure with the rookies and Epenesa being more impactful,  but if you had to forecast the AFC Super Bowl team,  KC would be odds on favorite. The NFL changes drastically every year with FA and cap flexibility. With Josh and Diggs having career seasons , there is tremendous pressure on them to repeat their excellence and when you don't bring in quality depth at positions of weakness, getting past a team like KC is unlikely. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. 

• Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I respect your measured reaction to my expectations. The reason for my frustration is KC and Tampa can bring back their 2020 starting teams and beat us because our dbs and LBs can't handle talented TEs and we don't play the run well enough. Examples, Rams, KC twice, Titans and Indy with Taylor and their TEs shredding us. Now Star is back and I expect better D-line pressure with the rookies and Epenesa being more impactful,  but if you had to forecast the AFC Super Bowl team,  KC would be odds on favorite. The NFL changes drastically every year with FA and cap flexibility. With Josh and Diggs having career seasons , there is tremendous pressure on them to repeat their excellence and when you don't bring in quality depth at positions of weakness, getting past a team like KC is unlikely. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. 

Nothing ruffled here,

had you considered that the prospects you are interested in don’t want to play in/for Buffalo? It’s not so cut and dry as to make it out to be, teams output even with the same players in place, can and has been very different from season to season, ya never know what may come to pass…, here to your feathers staying in place 👍

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nothing ruffled here,

had you considered that the prospects you are interested in don’t want to play in/for Buffalo? It’s not so cut and dry as to make it out to be, teams output even with the same players in place, can and has been very different from season to season, ya never know what may come to pass…, here to your feathers staying in place 👍

Wishing and hoping for different outcomes with essentially the same personnel is not the way to go after a championship. Do you think Mahomes,Kelce, Hill, and Clyde will regress after 2 straight SB appearances? Do you think Knox, Wallace, Star, Singletary will have breakout seasons?We need unlikely contributions if different outcomes can occur. Beane has shown a knack for bringing in talent through trade or FA. No reason he can't make us better before opening day. Good players want to play for winning teams.

• Eyeroll 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:16 AM, NewEra said:

That doesn’t mean the ONLY way to get over the top is by adding elite talent.  It could be one of a handful of ways we can improve enough to become the best team in football.  Adding Nelson could certainly be a nice addition and help us win the super bowl.  We’re close as it stands.  Nelson can play man. Levi blows in man and needs too much help.  It’s been noted that we play a LOT of man on 3rd down.  3rd downs win football games. If Dane Jackson doesn’t turn into a solid man defender our CB unit is very limited in the play calling.  

The chiefs embarrassed this very CB group last year.  They embarrassed our coaching staff too.  I don’t think it’s ideal to return the same unit plus Wildgoose with hopes that we can suddenly stop the chiefs.  

adding a solid corner that is more efficient in man should’ve been on our offseason “to do list”

Is Norman coming back still a possibility ?

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Wishing and hoping for different outcomes with essentially the same personnel is not the way to go after a championship. Do you think Mahomes,Kelce, Hill, and Clyde will regress after 2 straight SB appearances? Do you think Knox, Wallace, Star, Singletary will have breakout seasons?We need unlikely contributions if different outcomes can occur. Beane has shown a knack for bringing in talent through trade or FA. No reason he can't make us better before opening day. Good players want to play for winning teams.

Ya kinda missed my point, anyway, what I or you feel should be done regards the Bills doesn’t mean a thing, we are just going to have to live with what happens like it or not, 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Speaking of odds. Let’s talk about those.  They say that they’re very VERY low a team goes to 3 straight Super Bowls. I’ll take the field. KC isn’t coming out of the AFC. About 98% of history proves that. 

so let’s break down said “field”. Last I checked we were at the top of that…. Ya. I like our chances. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Speaking of odds. Let’s talk about those.  They say that they’re very VERY low a team goes to 3 straight Super Bowls. I’ll take the field. KC isn’t coming out of the AFC. About 98% of history proves that. 

so let’s break down said “field”. Last I checked we were at the top of that…. Ya. I like 

Odds of a 3peat maybe low, but the Chiefs will be favorites in Vegas to get there. I will try to be as positive as you are. Just have stay healthy  and hope for the best.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Buffalo needs a guy that can play some man to man.  Can’t just sit in a zone every snap 

Yes, but you can't be 1-dimensional. Got to have guys that can cover man-to-man as well.

17 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Allen and Diggs didnt start humbing until the bye imo.  Give them an offseason with normal build to a season look out.  They should be the best Qb/Wr duo in the league.  As an offense they will go as Allen goes.  I think he will be elite.  

17 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

KC lost AFC Championship game in 2018. They did little the next off-season except sign Tyrann Matthieu. The Bills spent money to bring back their starting OLB and RT. I'm not Beane's biggest fan and criticize a number if his moves, but he got guys to rework their contracts and got younger with more bodies for the pass rush. The projected starting OL did not play a single snap together last year. Bills can be a better team with the moves Beane has made. It will require Edmunds and Knox to play much better, Milano to stay healthy, and find a little more balance in the offense.