Bills interested in CB Steven Nelson

14 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

New England never fell into the trap of paying top dollar for that one guy who would come in and save the day - and they ended up with a dynasty.

True, but they did "stumble" onto arguably (hate even typing this) the best QB ever.  **shudder** 🤑  Guys wanted to go play with him.

When you have a great QB, that tends to help everything else on your team.  Hoping that's the case with Allen now.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I would argue that most of our key players are ascending in their careers, not on the downside, so staying pat does bring along with it some room  for improvement versus our competitors. New England never fell into the trap of paying top dollar for that one guy who would come in and save the day - and they ended up with a dynasty. I would also argue that home field would have helped tremendously and we did not have it last year, but it is certainly possible that we get to that point this year. Finally I would argue that the key to winning a Super Bowl is to be in the playoffs .. the more times you are in the better your chances that you will break through on one. Managing your cap puts you in position to not be one and done, but to be in the playoffs year after year .. which leads to chances to go the whole way. 

Please don't compare NE to anything in your lifetime. They had the best talent evaluators and coaching in history. Don't count on ascending careers from our young guys when you're looking at Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and an O-line that dominated us 2 times last season. We have the core players to be a playoff team but don't delude yourself, there are glaring weaknesses that must be addressed if we want to win it all. Josh will get his deal soon and there will be less cap to play with. We have space created by Beane's maneuvers. A few key additions while our window is now will be key.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Please don't compare NE to anything in your lifetime. They had the best talent evaluators and coaching in history. Don't count on ascending careers from our young guys when you're looking at Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and an O-line that dominated us 2 times last season. We have the core players to be a playoff team but don't delude yourself, there are glaring weaknesses that must be addressed if we want to win it all. Josh will get his deal soon and there will be less cap to play with. We have space created by Beane's maneuvers. A few key additions while our window is now will be key.

The best way to win a championship is to have the best Quarterback.   If Allen gets to the point where he is better than Mahomes, the Bills will win a championship.  In this era of football every team is going to have a glaring weakness outside of Quarterback.  It isnt hard, score more point than the other team.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm happy to see that Steven Nelson has deleted his Twitter.

The primary reason why I didn't want him is his loud mouth on Twitter. He is the epitome of a complainer.

Great player, but really, really doesn't seem like a "process" guy. If the Bills do a deal with him, I'd like to see it 1-2 years, maximum.

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The best way to win a championship is to have the best Quarterback.   If Allen gets to the point where he is better than Mahomes, the Bills will win a championship.  In this era of football every team is going to have a glaring weakness outside of Quarterback.  It isnt hard, score more point than the other team.

Assuming Allen and Mahomes are equal, (and that's optimistic on our part) don't you see the virtue in surrounding our guy with a comparable supporting cast. Look at Tampa's model. Brady's the GOAT and they have the best receivers, defense and TEs in football. That shows how teams that want to win championships operate. It's not being satisfied that we have a great young QB that needed everything to break just right to get to play KC. The way we lost had to show Beane and Sean that we are a few key players short.

58 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Our window is far more than “now”, Beane & Co, are setting up this franchise to have an extended window of a decade or more, your thinking is far to short sighted, The FO is not interested in a two year window and then in effect, sucking for years afterwards, it’s just not part of their DNA, you may as well get used to this way of thinking about the team, because that’s what has been, and will continue to be happening at OBD. Just is, wether you or I like it or not. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Our window is far more than “now”, Beane & Co, are setting up this franchise to have an extended window of a decade or more, your thinking is far to short sighted, The FO is not interested in a two year window and then in effect, sucking for years afterwards, it’s just not part of their DNA, you may as well get used to this way of thinking about the team, because that’s what has been, and will continue to be happening at OBD. Just is, wether you or I like it or not. 

Go Bills!!!

Don't be satisfied with making the playoffs. No championships for 50 big ones. I promised my kids when I put them in this meat grinder known as Bills Fandom that we'd see a championship in our lifetime and now is the time. We have the infrastructure,it's just putting the last pieces together. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Don't be satisfied with making the playoffs. No championships for 50 big ones. I promised my kids when I put them in this meat grinder known as Bills Fandom that we'd see a championship in our lifetime and now is the time. We have the infrastructure,it's just putting the last pieces together. 

Lesson here is don't promise things to your kids you can't deliver.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Perspective merely needs to be adjusted, you can as well rest assured that they are simultaneously trying to win it all, every year…

6 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Lesson here is don't promise things to your kids you can't deliver.

Too late, but thanks.

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Perspective merely needs to be adjusted, you can as well rest assured that they are simultaneously trying to win it all, every year…

Listen, 9 million unspent cap money. Tic tok

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Too late, but thanks.

Listen, 9 million unspent cap money. Tic tok

Beane knows which end is up, and has been involved in acquiring Nelson for some time now, it is Nelson where the problem lies, it is not Beane who has not shown interest, that and consider this, is Nelson the player who puts us over the top? Answer = Not likely.

Go Bills!!!

23 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Lotta Steven Nelson chatter. Seems like he either ends up back with the Steelers or the Eagles will sign him. But they would need cap space. Cap casualty. Zach Ertz. And around and around we keep going...

Wait....so you're saying the latest Steven Nelson rumors suggest his signing creates a path to us getting Zach Ertz?  Sounds like we need a new Zach Ertz thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He would give the team some depth where they lack it and a better option opposite White than Wallace, so yea, he could be the player that helps bring this team a SB.

“Could be”, not very likely though, there are some who have said that he is barely any better than Wallace, hell Dane Jackson could be the guy, that’s why none of us run pro football teams.  He at best appears to be “slightly “ better than Wallace, and to expensive for that small margin, so he sits unemployed…

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He would give the team some depth where they lack it and a better option opposite White than Wallace, so yea, he could be the player that helps bring this team a SB.

I remember you saying the Bills lack elite talent after DIggs, Allen and White and that's why they couldn't get over the KC hump.  So now you are suggesting Nelson could be the piece that puts them over the top?  Funny stuff right there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I remember you saying the Bills lack elite talent after DIggs, Allen and White and that's why they couldn't get over the KC hump.  So now you are suggesting Nelson could be the piece that puts them over the top?  Funny stuff right there

Funny as it may be, he's better than anything we have currently at CB2. Hope I'm not upsetting the Levi Wallace fan boys. 😠  He may not be considered elite but he'd be a solid acquisition.