Bills interested in CB Steven Nelson

49 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Or Kawann Short. Honestly, I feel better about our Corner's than I do our 1-Tech and Tight End situations.

This is where Beane must define his vision for the Bills going forward. He resigned our FAs and preserved continuity on the O-line but he will be judged by these next acquisitions or lack there of. You nailed it with TE and Defensive tackle but Nelson would be huge.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

That's my main concern. Is the dude really anymore than a tiny step up from Wallace or Jackson? That ain't worth no 8+M per year for me. 

Agree! He probably is better, but is he worth the higher cost? If we’re going to invest $8 mil, I think there are wiser places to put it. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

This is where Beane must define his vision for the Bills going forward. He resigned our FAs and preserved continuity on the O-line but he will be judged by these next acquisitions or lack there of. You nailed it with TE and Defensive tackle but Nelson would be huge.

The man brings in Josh Allen .. string players on both sides of the board and the Bills are considered a quality pick to win it all, but this next signing will be how he is judged??? No offense but the next signings are likely to be nice pieces and nothing more.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The man brings in Josh Allen .. string players on both sides of the board and the Bills are considered a quality pick to win it all, but this next signing will be how he is judged??? No offense but the next signings are likely to be nice pieces and nothing more.

Would you agree that the Bills as they were constituted against KC in the AFC Title game are probably not yet there. This offseason kept the gang together, and probably if Josh plays out of his bird again, might get us to the same KC matchup. Without better play from the backs, te, defensive tackle and our dbs we probably lose again. If your pointing to the rookie edge rushers and Sanders to put us over the top, good luck. The Chiefs will be improved. Can you  say the same for us. This is our time. We need more. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

That's my main concern. Is the dude really anymore than a tiny step up from Wallace or Jackson? That ain't worth no 8+M per year for me. 

He might be a squeeze better than Levi because he is more versatile and can play a bit more man butI think they are pretty much equals in zone which will remain Buffalo's primary coverage so not an upgrade worth $8m per year. As for Dane Jackson we don't have enough to know what he is yet. I think fans have reason to be optimistic but I do think they are a bit thin at corner with him as the sort if 3rd best option outside with barely any NFL playing time behind him. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Would you agree that the Bills as they were constituted against KC in the AFC Title game are probably not yet there. This offseason kept the gang together, and probably if Josh plays out of his bird again, might get us to the same KC matchup. Without better play from the backs, te, defensive tackle and our dbs we probably lose again. If your pointing to the rookie edge rushers and Sanders to put us over the top, good luck. The Chiefs will be improved. Can you  say the same for us. This is our time. We need more. 

I would argue that most of our key players are ascending in their careers, not on the downside, so staying pat does bring along with it some room  for improvement versus our competitors. New England never fell into the trap of paying top dollar for that one guy who would come in and save the day - and they ended up with a dynasty. I would also argue that home field would have helped tremendously and we did not have it last year, but it is certainly possible that we get to that point this year. Finally I would argue that the key to winning a Super Bowl is to be in the playoffs .. the more times you are in the better your chances that you will break through on one. Managing your cap puts you in position to not be one and done, but to be in the playoffs year after year .. which leads to chances to go the whole way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1