TBDAHOT discussion

SDS

15 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Bring wine 🍷 parachute into the lot. 
It will be a big hit. You will be the next super fan.  😎🍷🍷

Ohh, NOW you’ve done it! What if he loses his keys to the parachute? That might end badly, just sayin’. 

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

I will give the person in the plane  a $100 to push you out 🙃🙃🍷

I will pitch in!

But is there a separate parachute for my Big Green Egg?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I will pitch in!

@mead107 didn’t mention pushing him out with a parachute, just pushing him out. There may be a parachute left for the BGE.  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I'm bringing my 8 year old (will be almost 9) to his first game, how kid unfriendly is this tailgate?

I wouldn’t say it is kid fun, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily inappropriate. You would always have to worry about language in those situations though.

• Like (+1) 4

On 5/30/2021 at 9:46 PM, Gugny said:

I will pitch in!

We're going to need one of those chutes that can handle an armor plated Hummer - BGEs are heavy duty 🤣

On 5/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, SDS said:

I wouldn’t say it is kid fun, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily inappropriate. You would always have to worry about language in those situations though.

Call it a learning experience, broadening their linguistic horizons. 

Or, put noise canceling headphones on them and we'll get them a gig shadowing Hammer to learn how to properly run a Lot...

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2021 at 4:44 PM, mead107 said:

I will give the person in the plane  a $100 to push you out 🙃🙃🍷

I'll have a chute right??  :(

On 5/31/2021 at 5:53 AM, SDS said:

Just fit us all with a ***** swear ***** word ***** filter and the ***** kid will be o-*****-kay

3 hours ago, Heitz said:

Call it a learning experience, broadening their linguistic horizons. 

Or, put noise canceling headphones on them and we'll get them a gig shadowing Hammer to learn how to properly run a Lot...

:beer:

Or give them some of the empty jello shots, then send them to their parent and tell them "this jello tastes funny."  

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/31/2021 at 8:32 AM, Captain Caveman said:

I'm bringing my 8 year old (will be almost 9) to his first game, how kid unfriendly is this tailgate?

Hammers lot sucks for kids...fun as hell for adults, sucks for kids. Cars are jammed in pretty tight, no real room to throw ball, run around etc..even for the opener with our configuration...if Hammer wants to do that again. Not sure how many less cars he gets with that configuration, but after going a year with no cash flow, sure he is gunna need to maximize revenue this year.

The opener  this year is gunna be nucking futs I think at Hammers...tough environment for an 8 year old. This coming from someone who has always brought kids to games...since they were 7 and 5. Might want to think of parking somewhere else and walking over...stay if you like the envirnoment, but have somewhere to go if just not a great scene for an 8 year old.

I used to recommend the back lot of ECC for people with kids..huge fields to play, the craziness not so bad..where I always went when kids were with us. However, they have converted part of that lot to the UBER lot since last time i was there...so i really cant offer an opinion.

Anyone been back there last 3 years?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hammers lot sucks for kids...fun as hell for adults, sucks for kids. Cars are jammed in pretty tight, no real room to throw ball, run around etc..even for the opener with our configuration...if Hammer wants to do that again. Not sure how many less cars he gets with that configuration, but after going a year with no cash flow, sure he is gunna need to maximize revenue this year.

The opener  this year is gunna be nucking futs I think at Hammers...tough environment for an 8 year old. This coming from someone who has always brought kids to games...since they were 7 and 5. Might want to think of parking somewhere else and walking over...stay if you like the envirnoment, but have somewhere to go if just not a great scene for an 8 year old.

I used to recommend the back lot of ECC for people with kids..huge fields to play, the craziness not so bad..where I always went when kids were with us. However, they have converted part of that lot to the UBER lot since last time i was there...so i really cant offer an opinion.

All good points. My only question is whether or to what extent Uber still exists. Almost impossible to get a driver near us, and I’ve had to walk home several miles on one occasion. I’m often unable to get a driver there, so I don’t dare pray to get one back home. 

I’d be curious to know how that affects Uber as we get into the football season. It made so much sense, especially at away games. 

I was a BIG Uber guy, and I was spoiled. I don’t like to drive with more than a single drink in me. I was careful before Uber, but now I’m completely spoiled. Losing Uber in a practical sense has affected my life in an odd way.

Edited by Augie

On 6/1/2021 at 7:30 PM, plenzmd1 said:

I actually measured the parking spaces in the ECC lot (and other lots.) My spaces are bigger so the cars are must be jammmed tighter than tight in the ECC lot. We all like throwing the football around but no one likes when their $30-40-50,000 vehicle gets hit and dented. There is a time and a place for such activities but not in a Tailgating Lot!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hammers Lot said:

I actually measured the parking spaces in the ECC lot (and other lots.) My spaces are bigger so the cars are must be jammmed tighter than tight in the ECC lot. We all like throwing the football around but no one likes when their $30-40-50,000 vehicle gets hit and dented. There is a time and a place for such activities but not in a Tailgating Lot!! 

Agreed! 

And when the ball hits my $250K vehicle, someone really gunna pay!

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You are gunna come to tailgate no? My bride is coming!!!

Good to hear - we don’t see her often enuf at the TBDAHOTs.

Yep, my better half will be there along with one of my boys. He just got engaged but he’s still a boy to me.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey, who asked you? That looks like a fine vehicle!

You are gunna come to tailgate no? My bride is coming!!!

WAIT! She is real? Not a “blow up” person?  :)

I want to meet the lady who puts up with YOU!  That’s worth the price of admission alone! 

To be fair, my wife will also be there....we may not want to leave them alone too long...... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.