TBDAHOT discussion

SDS

20 hours ago, Hammers Lot said:

I actually measured the parking spaces in the ECC lot (and other lots.) My spaces are bigger so the cars are must be jammmed tighter than tight in the ECC lot. We all like throwing the football around but no one likes when their $30-40-50,000 vehicle gets hit and dented. There is a time and a place for such activities but not in a Tailgating Lot!! 

Agreed, and you know you always get one ahole that tries to punt it.  

• Like (+1) 1

So, I’m making a list for those who need tickets for the home opener and will be attending the TBD tailgate. I’m waiting to hear back from some about attending. If you need tickets, put your name on a list and I’ll see what I have and what I can get my hands on.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SDS said:

So, I’m making a list for those who need tickets for the home opener and will be attending the TBD tailgate. I’m waiting to hear back from some about attending. If you need tickets, put your name on a list and I’ll see what I have and what I can get my hands on.

If available I would be interested in 2 - my son got frozen out

On 6/4/2021 at 12:07 PM, SDS said:

I know Rkfast is looking for at least 2 seats if there is a list.

• Like (+1) 1

Has there been any clarity on the proof required for vaccination?

Being from out of state, we get the CDC ID cards, but all of the articles I am reading seem to indicate it's the Excelsior Pass or nothing.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:07 PM, SDS said:

Can you put my name on this list?

11 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Has there been any clarity on the proof required for vaccination?

Being from out of state, we get the CDC ID cards, but all of the articles I am reading seem to indicate it's the Excelsior Pass or nothing.

Yea, can’t see that happening. My guess is 35% or more of attendance is from non NYS residents. I live in VA , and ain’t worried about it at all

• Agree 1

So for those that don't intend to park at the lot, but want to attend, is there anything recommended to bring?  Or will there be a separate thread around what everyone needs as the time gets closer? 

We have our own spot we park in for tradition, but plans to bring some drinks and chairs over

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So for those that don't intend to park at the lot, but want to attend, is there anything recommended to bring?  Or will there be a separate thread around what everyone needs as the time gets closer? 

We have our own spot we park in for tradition, but plans to bring some drinks and chairs over

yeah, we will start a new topic for that. Did you find a ticket?

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

This just came to mind. Kill me or what have you for suggesting this. 

I can see if my band would be willing to play in the lot prior to the game. The name is Boomerang!. We play 80's First Wave primarily, with some 90's mixed in. Go Go's, Duran Duran, Londonbeat, No Doubt, The Cure, et al. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I can see if my band would be willing to play in the lot prior to the game. The name is Boomerang!. We play 80's First Wave primarily, with some 90's mixed in. Go Go's, Duran Duran, Londonbeat, No Doubt, The Cure, et al. 

There's usually a band right across the street.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

There's usually a band right across the street.

I have a buddy who had a band and did an outdoor fundraiser bash on the Bay in Florida with bars and food everywhere. He got upset that nobody was paying attention to them, so he got louder. Most people would have asked him to turn it down so we could have a good time in peace. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, but we weren’t there to see him! We wanted to have conversations. Have to be careful not to dominate those who don’t want to be dominated, but his ego is well known to all who know him. Great guy, but he enjoys the spotlight a little too much. Very close friend, so I’d tell him that to his face. He’d agree.  

Edited by Augie

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Very cool. Are you guys on YouTube? I do covers too.. Mainly Nirvana, Hank Williams Sr and just about anything you can think of..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I have a buddy who had a band and did an outdoor fundraiser bash on the Bay in Florida with bars and food everywhere. He got upset that nobody was paying attention to them, so he got louder. Most people would have asked him to turn it down so we could have a good time in peace. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, but we weren’t there to see him! We wanted to have conversations. Have to be careful not to dominate those who don’t want to be dominated, but his ego is well known to all who know him. Great guy, but he enjoys the spotlight a little too much. Very close friend, so I’d tell him that to his face. He’d agree.  

We had a band about 10 years ago, and there were people that complained that they could not have conversations while the band was playing.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.