TBDAHOT discussion

SDS

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

So who the hell invited @Chef Jim in the first place (four years ago)? That guy should be strung up and racked. 

I know Hammer's has rules about Dizzy Bat, Table jumping, etc. Is there a rule against or room for a Cage Match??? @plenzmd1 can run the gambling side of things (Hammer gets a cut, I’m sure), but I’ll commit to be there for the entertainment value! 

Winner gets a AAA membership for a year! I think this could gain some traction! 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If somebody can buy me 2 tickets plus paid parking and a generous concession stand allowance, then I might go.

I'll be your personal concession stand. Just ask @plenzmd1. Whatchu want, beef on weck, Manhattans?

@mead107 is a stickler for the parking money, however. But then Helen and him feed you cheeseburger stromboli and life is grand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/16/2021 at 8:02 AM, Chef Jim said:

Some idiot. Had to shut him up.  I think he he a crush on me.  Whatever floats your boat. 

I confess.  I was the idiot.  It was the Home Opener vs the Broncos. I failed at bringing your Diet Dr Pepper/Diet Coke.  

Never attended a football game that was that hot either.

At least the Bills won.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/22/2021 at 7:22 AM, mead107 said:

Now that you won the mega millions will you buy heady topper for all of us? 🙃

Include four more! Just booked hotel at Hampton Inn, Williamsville. Foolishly called the corporate number and got some guy in India. After WAY too long, he has my reservation but puts me on hold “to complete the reservation”. I get a guy who at least speaks english who wants to give me 500 Hilton points (is that like 3 pesos?) if I will complete the survey. He has trips all over creation that are “free”, or some crap like that. He lists the cities, I don’t care. I get to the “I really don’t want to hang up on you” point. He persists. I console him on his awful job, and advise him not to tell people heading to the Bills home opener that he’s a Patriots* fan from Boston now living in Las Vegas. 

SO, the wife is listening to all this, and immediately calls my son to retell the story of my misery. He loves it when I stub my toe, so this is hysterical to him! He asks why I didn’t just book on line, but wanting the two rooms, I just wanted to talk to someone. The confirmation email is WRONG, so my wife calls the (716) phone number on the confirmation, gets a real person in WNY and all is fine. Two rooms, two king beds, we are good. 

Things like this are why @plenzmd1 tells me I’d better go first. I am fine with that! But in the meantime, everyone does everything for me because they know my limitations! 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Include four more! Just booked hotel at Hampton Inn, Williamsville. Foolishly called the corporate number and got some guy in India. After WAY too long, he has my reservation but puts me on hold “to complete the reservation”. I get a guy who at least speaks english who wants to give me 500 Hilton points (is that like 3 pesos?) if I will complete the survey. He has trips all over creation that are “free”, or some crap like that. He lists the cities, I don’t care. I get to the “I really don’t want to hang up on you” point. He persists. I console him on his awful job, and advise him not to tell people heading to the Bills home opener that he’s a Patriots* fan from Boston now living in Las Vegas. 

SO, the wife is listening to all this, and immediately calls my son to retell the story of my misery. He loves it when I stub my toe, so this is hysterical to him! He asks why I didn’t just book on line, but wanting the two rooms, I just wanted to talk to someone. The confirmation email is WRONG, so my wife calls the (716) phone number on the confirmation, gets a real person in WNY and all is fine. Two rooms, two king beds, we are good. 

Things like this are why @plenzmd1 tells me I’d better go first. I am fine with that! But in the meantime, everyone does everything for me because they know my limitations! 

You could have just said, "I'll be there."

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, Augie said:

No.

I could not have done that.

Apparently you know nothing of PTSD. 

man,you best be knocking off those daily lunches out and revert to homemade tuna on white...tickets gunna be expensive. Lowest price in 135, where i sit, is 505 + fees right now!!!!

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

man,you best be knocking off those daily lunches out and revert to homemade tuna on white...tickets gunna be expensive. Lowest price in 135, where i sit, is 505 + fees right now!!!!

Yikes!   😱

Decisions, decisions.....

Could put the WNY trip off beyond the opener, or just figure the tickets are only a single line item expense in the big picture while we also buy 4 plane tickets, rent 2 hotel rooms, plus a rental car and meals. “You think we blew a load on tickets? You don’t know the half of it!”

The wife is driving this, actually. I’d be going alone again but she is sure she has to take our son and DIL to the opener (though she’s never even been to a game in OP). When she gets her mind set on something, it usually happens regardless of the obstacles. I may just need to get out of the way and see if she flinches? Regardless, I suspect I’ll be sitting up top, closer to your personal potty. 

Three days in WNY just might cost us more than 3 WEEKS in the NC mountains!

Edited by Augie

35 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Come to a later game. We will go to dinner Saturday night 

I may do both. Have to see hope the wife reacts to ticket prices. It’s one thing to spend $250-300 for a single seat when you go by yourself. Double the price and then multiply by four and that starts getting up there!  YOWZA!

The cost of being good again, so I can’t complain!  🤷‍♂️

I do have some buddies I grew up with who want to hit a game later in the year. I plan to make at least one of those trips. 

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I may do both. Have to see hope the wife reacts to ticket prices. It’s one thing to spend $250-300 for a single seat when you go by yourself. Double the price and then multiply by four and that starts getting up there!  YOWZA!

The cost of being good again, so I can’t complain!  🤷‍♂️

I do have some buddies I grew up with who want to hit a game later in the year. I plan to make at least one of those trips. 

Augie, I don't have a spare this year, but two of our group always threaten to leave in the 1st quarter when we're not up 150 points because "we suck", so maybe I can sub you in. 🤣

I KNEW I should have bought more tickets that first day, just to QFLL...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.