I just bought a ticket to opening day!

Even though they say that sales won't start until 8 tonight, I was able to buy a ticket through Ticketmaster this morning.  

You can go to the Bills website, go to schedule, then hit ticket purchase and review the map.  There are some tickets available in sections not highlighted, so click on wherever you want to sit & see if anything is available.  

Buffalo Bills vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Sun • Sep 12 2021 • 1:00 PM

Highmark Stadium — Orchard Park, NY

Sec 115

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just 1? 

Yes, Petrino isn't vaccinated so I couldn't risk getting another ticket.  I'll spend the weekend at a friend's house and we're all vaccinated.  Any TBD tailgate planned?  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Yes, Petrino isn't vaccinated so I couldn't risk getting another ticket.  I'll spend the weekend at a friend's house and we're all vaccinated.  Any TBD tailgate planned?  

I hope. We have to figure out what can be done and who is willing to get together. 

So, because I'm looking at going to the Bucs game, I just called Raymond James Stadium about their policy on vaccines and the girl I spoke with said that it's the NFL's job to determine whether or not they require vaccines in their stadium and she said they haven't been notified yet. I thought this was up to the county executive and governor to determine this as well as the stadium people. I need to know this as I am looking to purchase tickets asap. Does this sound right?

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, because I'm looking at going to the Bucs game, I just called Raymond James Stadium about their policy on vaccines and the girl I spoke with said that it's the NFL's job to determine whether or not they require vaccines in their stadium and she said they haven't been notified yet. I thought this was up to the county executive and governor to determine this as well as the stadium people. I need to know this as I am looking to purchase tickets asap. Does this sound right?

I believe it's up to each state

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

That's what I thought but the girl that worked at the stadium told me it's up to the NFL

Well, since you're talking about Florida it's a fair assumption that the state government doesn't care, so in this case it's more likely that any regulations / requirements would come down from the league.

In reality, the league or local / state governments all have the ability to put whatever requirements they want on these things.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

No, I'm not vaccinated and I don't plan on getting it either. That's why I called them to find out about the policy 

My guess is that even though a state/muni can have standards, the league can override a team's decision if they don't feel it's safe, like last season when they made sure that fans were far enough away from the players. 

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

My guess is that even though a state/muni can have standards, the league can override a team's decision if they don't feel it's safe, like last season when they made sure that fans were far enough away from the players. 

That never made sense to me. Like, how close did they expect fans to be to the players?