Highest inflation since...

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Q. Which Party expressly associated itself with upholding “Judeo-Christian values?” Which 2020 Presidential candidate did?

A. The Republicans. And Donald Trump. (Not Joe Biden and the Democrats.) Oh, and Vladimir Putin too. It’s an elite group of godly men and a few special women. 
When Republican candidates and various dictators who wantonly bomb civilians stop holding themselves out as defenders of the Christian tradition, I will gladly stop referring to a certain candidate holding an upside down Bible in one hand while the other hand is free to grab em by the you know what. 

Okay? You find it odd that someone would hold up a Bible in front of a church? If you say so, it must be right. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Okay? You find it odd that someone would hold up a Bible in front of a church? If you say so, it must be right. 

Pathetic. Trump is NOT religious. 

Stop defending the POS for plowing over peaceful protesters with tear gas for a photo-op.

Just now, BillStime said:

Pathetic. Trump is NOT religious. 

Stop defending the POS for plowing over peaceful protesters with tear gas for a photo-op.

Fake news. 
Holding up the Bible in front of a burned church sends a message to those trying to damage to the building. It’s not a symbol of Trump’s personal religious feelings. Sheeesh! 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So we shouldn’t try and draw the line at burning a church? 

Oh, we should: let the ATF, FBI and police do their job.

Why didn't Trump rush out to stand in front of a southern Babtist church in New Braunfels, Texas that killed 26 people or a synagogue outside Pittsburgh where six people were gunned down? Given the cults latest rhetoric - anyone not surprised? 

gtfoh

Back to the Inflation thread.

JOE BIDEN’S AMERICA: 

Inflation is pushing half of Americans to consider second jobs. 

“The survey of more than 1,000 adults with full-time jobs found that 38% have looked for a second job, while another 14% plan to do so, the company said.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inflation-causing-half-of-americans-to-consider-second-jobs/

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Back to the Inflation thread.

JOE BIDEN’S AMERICA: 

Inflation is pushing half of Americans to consider second jobs. 

“The survey of more than 1,000 adults with full-time jobs found that 38% have looked for a second job, while another 14% plan to do so, the company said.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inflation-causing-half-of-americans-to-consider-second-jobs/

I thought Trump's DEEP tax cut for Corporate America was going to benefit the peasants, too, amirite?

Meanwhile - they are making RECORD profits today. 

Yea, inflation.

Idiots

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I thought Trump's DEEP tax cut for Corporate America was going to benefit the peasants, too, amirite?

Meanwhile - they are making RECORD profits today. 

Yea, inflation.

Idiots

So if we just raise the corporate tax rate we’ll have no inflation? Interesting. I wonder why Joe, Chuck and Nancy haven’t thought of that. You still have their hot line number down in the bunker, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if we just raise the corporate tax rate we’ll have no inflation? Interesting. I wonder why Joe, Chuck and Nancy haven’t thought of that. You still have their hot line number down in the bunker, right? 

You’re arguing economics with a dolt.  Thinking shrinking a corporate profit margin will reduce inflation all the while saying corporate greed is causing inflation is……:wacko:

Logic is not his, nor many on the left’s, strong suit. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re arguing economics with a dolt.  Thinking shrinking a corporate profit margin will reduce inflation all the while saying corporate greed is causing inflation is……:wacko:

Logic is not his, nor many on the left’s, strong suit. 

Well, no. 
Because if you believe fiscal policy has been the primary factor causing inflation then you necessarily believe that a rise in taxes (all other things being equal) has deflationary effect. And a cut in taxes has an inflationary effect. See Truss, Liz. 
From the NYT just now:

“The market’s swift, withering verdict on Ms. Truss’s tax-cutting agenda shattered her credibility, degraded Britain’s reputation with investors, drove up home mortgage rates, pushed the pound down to near parity with the American dollar, and forced the Bank of England to intervene to prop up British bonds.

That repudiation, measured in the second-by-second fluctuations of bond yields and exchange rates, mattered more than the noisy departures of Ms. Truss’s cabinet ministers or the hothouse anxieties of Conservative lawmakers that ultimately made her position untenable.”

Edited by The Frankish Reich

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, no. 
Because if you believe fiscal policy has been the primary factor causing inflation then you necessarily believe that a rise in taxes (all other things being equal) has deflationary effect. And a cut in taxes has an inflationary effect. See Truss, Liz. 
From the NYT just now:

“The market’s swift, withering verdict on Ms. Truss’s tax-cutting agenda shattered her credibility, degraded Britain’s reputation with investors, drove up home mortgage rates, pushed the pound down to near parity with the American dollar, and forced the Bank of England to intervene to prop up British bonds.

That repudiation, measured in the second-by-second fluctuations of bond yields and exchange rates, mattered more than the noisy departures of Ms. Truss’s cabinet ministers or the hothouse anxieties of Conservative lawmakers that ultimately made her position untenable.”

Of course in theory.  If they used the additional tax revenue to reduce the deficit.....typing that with a straight face was impossible.  If you base fiscal policy on two months you're also a dolt. 

Carry on.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Of course in theory.  If they used the additional tax revenue to reduce the deficit.....typing that with a straight face was impossible.  If you base fiscal policy on two months you're also a dolt. 

Carry on.....

We are talking about theory here. There’s two prime determinants of inflation/deflation: fiscal policy and monetary policy. You blame “Biden” COVID spending bills (really a continuation of Trump COVID spending bills) for inflation. In other words, you blame fiscal policy. 
Tax increases are part of fiscal policy. More tax money = less money in the economy ceteris paribus. You say there is no such thing as ceteris paribus. That’s probably true. But that’s a different argument. 
So call our other poster naive, fine. But don’t call him irrational when you are the one being irrational. Or maybe just the one in need of an Introductory Macro course (they are available online)

44 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We are talking about theory here. There’s two prime determinants of inflation/deflation: fiscal policy and monetary policy. You blame “Biden” COVID spending bills (really a continuation of Trump COVID spending bills) for inflation. In other words, you blame fiscal policy. 
Tax increases are part of fiscal policy. More tax money = less money in the economy ceteris paribus. You say there is no such thing as ceteris paribus. That’s probably true. But that’s a different argument. 
So call our other poster naive, fine. But don’t call him irrational when you are the one being irrational. Or maybe just the one in need of an Introductory Macro course (they are available online)

I blame inflation on “Biden’s spending bill”?When you discuss something with someone it’s best to know their side. I have never blamed inflation on Biden’s spending.  

And the good ole “I’m smarter than you!” liberal dig.  I feel like I’m back in SF when I talk to you.  Next you’ll be asking my how many masters degrees I have. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

I’m certainly no genius when it comes to macro economics but you don’t have to be one to realize that the Biden Administration’s policies were NEVER designed to curb inflation. Why? Because for the longest time they refused to admit there even any inflation  even happening!  Remember the infamous 18 cent Fourth of July? 

So instead they just kept spending. The motto was “We can’t be out of money…we still have checks!”

Like everything else, this issue isn’t complicated! 

• Like (+1) 1