Highest inflation since...

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Dems can't see anything with their heads so far up their asses.

That may be true but it was an honest question. I don’t generally notice it from day to day but I was out of town last week and came back to an almost $1.00 per gallon increase…in one week. I’m curious if it’s a national thing? Chef believes it’s just us lucky ones here in the former Golden State. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That may be true but it was an honest question. I don’t generally notice it from day to day but I was out of town last week and came back to an almost $1.00 per gallon increase…in one week. I’m curious if it’s a national thing? Chef believes it’s just us lucky ones here in the former Golden State. 

I have a Tesla so I don't pay attention to the prices.  If they're not increasing everywhere, they will be soon.  Sharply.

Wholesale inflation rises more than expected in September, with prices jumping 8.5%

by Megan Henney

Inflation at the wholesale level rose more than expected in September as prices for everyday necessities remain at a multi-decade high, squeezing businesses and millions of American households. The Labor Department said Wednesday that its producer price index, which measures inflation at the wholesale level before it reaches consumers, rose 0.4% in September from the previous month. On an annual basis, prices soared 8.5%. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/wholesale-inflation-rises-more-than-expected-september-prices-jumping

Everything about this....yea it happened.  But the spin on the collapse is blatant lies - blaming inflation and rising rates - ALL SELF INFLICTED because of the flu China and the DNC doesn't have to answer for - and the Orange Man was a threat to Democracy lol lol yea those mean tweets were so much worse then your now inability to afford a home:

The historic deterioration in the U.S. housing market, as told by 3 charts

Back in March, when Fortune reported that "an economic shock just hit the housing market," the spike in mortgage rates from 3.2% to 4.2% in the span of just three months were predicted to push the U.S. housing market into slowdown mode. That is just what happened.

Of course, affordability has continued to worsen since this spring. As of Tuesday, the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate sits at 7.14%. That marks both the highest mortgage rate since 2002 and the biggest 12-month jump (see chart below) since 1981. In January, a borrower who took out a $500,000 mortgage at a 3.2% rate would be on the hook for a $2,162 monthly principal and interest payment over the course of the 30-year loan.

Now, at a 7.14% rate, that monthly payment would be $3,374.

https://fortune.com/2022/10/13/housing-market-historic-deterioration-told-by-three-charts/

COVIDIOTS....

mom son GIF

• Like (+1) 1

There it is......nice work Brandon!!

Core US Inflation Rises to 40-Year High, Securing Big Fed Hike

A key gauge of US consumer prices advanced to a 40-year high in September, underscoring persistent, elevated inflation that’s squeezing households and pushing the Federal Reserve toward another steep interest-rate hike.

The core consumer price index, which excludes food and energy, increased 6.6% from a year ago, the highest level since 1982, Labor Department data showed Thursday. From a month earlier, the core CPI climbed 0.6% for a second month.

The overall CPI increased 0.4% last month, and was up 8.2% from a year earlier. The median forecasts in a Bloomberg survey of economists had called for a 0.4% monthly rise in the core and a 0.2% gain in the overall measure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-13/core-us-inflation-rises-to-40-year-high-securing-big-fed-hike

The biggest misconception is that this is a Fed problem.  No, the Fed has not performed perfectly at all, but this is a FISCAL problem.  Specifically, it's a LEFTIST DEMOCRAT problem.

They have ZERO clue about Economics.  They get way too caught up in Social issues (Abortion, etc) when the Existential ones (Economy, Security) are going to demolish our nation and its people's fortunes.

Trump's tariffs were deplorable but shutting down Semi Cap equipment to China is A-OK?  Idiots

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, sherpa said:

700 point hit to the Dow Futures on the inflation report.

Nice.

I sold out my brokerage account and stuff in my Roth, while transferring my 403B into a guaranteed account of 5%, last January when the market was red hot because I did not like what I saw or was crazy Joe was doing, some of my colleagues thought I was crazy because the market was still kicking for another month ...I've been counting my lucky stars since 

• Like (+1) 1

😂

Out-of-touch Joe Biden brings the ice cream meme to life

Biden’s ice cream antics today reminded Twitter users of this particular version of the meme,

which has been around for at least 6 months.

It is not possible to be more out of touch