Highest inflation since...

On 9/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Happy Days are here again for fixed income investors! I just laddered a bunch of Treasuries in one of my retirement accounts. The Fed is hellbent on crushing inflation. Yeah, there will be a little (or lot of) recession to get the job done, so watch out, markets. But the Fed sees inflation now at about 3.5 percent ongoing (not the backward looking year over year), and they say they’re committed to bringing it down to their 2 percent target. With 2 year Treasuries now over 4 percent, there’s real money to be made in super safe income investments. 
Depends on where you are in your life, but for me, the return of a normal interest rate environment is a good thing. 

I wish these rising interesting rates would make it possible to get a decent rate on a savings account or money market account. 

Biden flirts with inflation denial ahead of midterm elections.

President Joe Biden is minimizing inflation in a way that could become a problem in the midterm elections, as consumer prices remain stubbornly high.

Biden’s latest efforts to wave away inflation come on the heels of a White House party, complete with a musical performance by legendary boomer singer-songwriter James Taylor, celebrating a new law with “inflation” in the title on the same day the announcement of an 8.3% August inflation rate sent stock markets tumbling.

The president insisted inflation was up “hardly at all” from the previous months when asked about the consumer price index for August during a rare interview with 60 Minutes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-flirts-with-inflation-denial-ahead-of-midterm-elections/ar-AA12067C

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

gv092822dAPR.jpg

The most brain dead, out of touch, economically illiterate line I’ve heard. 

That line needs to be played in a loop every day everywhere by every GOP running for election or re-election for the next month and then continued until 11/24.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Trump's policies continue to weigh down our economy... 

Inflation started when Trump was in office?  Can we get some documentation for that?  Oh ***** it. You'll just yell some dumb rabbit hole *****.  Here you go you lying *****!

image.thumb.png.970f846133834298e26a8da33176bc91.png

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Inflation started when Trump was in office?  Can we get some documentation for that?  Oh ***** it. You'll just yell some dumb rabbit hole *****.  Here you go you lying *****!

image.thumb.png.970f846133834298e26a8da33176bc91.png

Here you go:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/consumer-price-index/consumer-price-index-by-category-line-chart.htm

When does inflation start the current upward trajectory? Here I’ll help you out:

image.thumb.jpeg.534095bb8c6b3d0ac5b09c1142d4abda.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Here you go:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/consumer-price-index/consumer-price-index-by-category-line-chart.htm

When does inflation start the current upward trajectory? Here I’ll help you out:

image.thumb.jpeg.534095bb8c6b3d0ac5b09c1142d4abda.jpeg

Why was there a sharp trajectory down between August 2018 and August of 2020?

Can we get that President back?

What in the world went wrong after that??

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why was there a sharp trajectory down between August 2018 and August of 2020?

Can we get that President back?

What in the world went wrong after that??

What did Trump inherit? What was the economy ALREADY doing before he took office? Did economic numbers only start being captured in 2017?

It was already growing - so what did he do?

Instead of paying down the debt like he promised - he gave a huge tax cut to the rich and corporate America - which took a huge hit on federal revenue and what did Trump continue to do?  He just kept on spending...

Trump predicted the economy would grow at a home-run pace with no recessions for the next decade, and he proposed massive cuts to education, health care and other nondefense parts of the budget that will not be enacted. 

And then COVID hit - and Trumps amazing economy BLEW UP in March 2020… 

ETTD

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And then they busted out COVID - and Trumps amazing economy BLEW UP in March 2020… because we couldn't let him win.  Don't believe us?  Look how upset we got when a Trump like populist won in Italy.  Yea we're that crazy

ETTD

Fixed

28 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What did Trump inherit? What was the economy ALREADY doing before he took office? Did economic numbers only start being captured in 2017?

It was already growing - so what did he do?

Instead of paying down the debt like he promised - he gave a huge tax cut to the rich and corporate America - which took a huge hit on federal revenue and what did Trump continue to do?  He just kept on spending...

Trump predicted the economy would grow at a home-run pace with no recessions for the next decade, and he proposed massive cuts to education, health care and other nondefense parts of the budget that will not be enacted. 

And then COVID hit - and Trumps amazing economy BLEW UP in March 2020… 

ETTD

Trump cut the uppermost tax rate from 37.5% back down to 35%. The same rate it was when Obama entered office. Huge tax cut? Hardly! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I just heard a report on the radio saying Halloween pumpkins are expected to be smaller and more expensive this year than in previous years. 

And the 6 Fall Mum plants my wife puts out that die or get eaten by Deer every year will now run me about $30. 

• Sad 1