Highest inflation since...

Well, the Fed is responsible for controlling inflation, and they've been busy printing money instead of raising interest rates and trying to curb runaway inflation. Gotta keep that bull market running! This is a problem years and years in the making, preceding Biden, Trump, and maybe even Obama. In the end, this is Wall Street's mess, no matter what you're fed.

Interestingly, Jerome Powell, the current chair of the Fed, was appointed to that position (along with his printing press) by Prez Donald Trump in 2018, prior to Sleepy Joe's drama-filled election win. I'm not saying Biden has done a good job with this, more like this was inevitable. Gonna get a lot worse too.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

BIDEN DID THAT: 

25% of Americans are delaying retirement due to inflation, survey finds. 

“Many people in or near retirement may not have considered this surge in prices in their financial plans, which has thrown off budgets and timelines as well.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/31/25percent-of-americans-are-delaying-retirement-due-to-inflation.html

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

BIDEN DID THAT: 

25% of Americans are delaying retirement due to inflation, survey finds. 

“Many people in or near retirement may not have considered this surge in prices in their financial plans, which has thrown off budgets and timelines as well.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/31/25percent-of-americans-are-delaying-retirement-due-to-inflation.html

Figured this was coming next. Those already retired on fixed incomes are getting killed by bidenomics. And of course most those invested in equities for retirement just took a massive hit that will delay retirement plus the inflation hit which will compound the delay. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:50 AM, Gene Frenkle said:

Well, the Fed is responsible for controlling inflation, and they've been busy printing money instead of raising interest rates and trying to curb runaway inflation. Gotta keep that bull market running! This is a problem years and years in the making, preceding Biden, Trump, and maybe even Obama. In the end, this is Wall Street's mess, no matter what you're fed.

Interestingly, Jerome Powell, the current chair of the Fed, was appointed to that position (along with his printing press) by Prez Donald Trump in 2018, prior to Sleepy Joe's drama-filled election win. I'm not saying Biden has done a good job with this, more like this was inevitable. Gonna get a lot worse too.

Just like 08 was all Wall Street's fault too, right?

10 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Just like 08 was all Wall Street's fault too, right?

Collateralized mortgage obligation , nah. The banks failure to access the value of each home before giving a mortgage  was huge.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Collateralized mortgage obligation , nah. The banks failure to access the value of each home before giving a mortgage  was huge.

We can reconstruct that disaster but I understood it as the loosening of the financial wherewithal requirements for people to purchase homes, after which those sketchy loans were bundled, sold and resold until the music stopped and unknowing lenders/investors were left holding the hot potatoes.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We can reconstruct that disaster but I understood it as the loosening of the financial wherewithal requirements for people to purchase homes, after which those sketchy loans were bundled, sold and resold until the music stopped and unknowing lenders/investors were left holding the hot potatoes.

I would add to this, the credit rating agencies knowingly attaching "A" ratings to mortgage bundles they knew were garbage.  Which allowed Wall Street to peddle these investments as "safe" to both funds and individual investors.  On top of it all for one reason or another, firms like AIG which provided insurance against loss on these bundles didn't have the "reserves" and capital on their books to pay off when lenders came calling.  All in all a classic example of systemic fraud generated by a delusional policy to expand home ownership to unqualified buyers.      

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Figured this was coming next. Those already retired on fixed incomes are getting killed by bidenomics. And of course most those invested in equities for retirement just took a massive hit that will delay retirement plus the inflation hit which will compound the delay. 

Not disputing the post, actually agree with it. Just wondering why fixed incomes are always associated only with retired folks. When working I didn't get to tell the boss that Christmas was right around the corner, need to get an extra couple thousand this month. I can actually withdraw from my rainy day fund without penalty (aka roth & to an extent traditional ira) when a few extra bucks are needed now.

8 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Not disputing the post, actually agree with it. Just wondering why fixed incomes are always associated only with retired folks. When working I didn't get to tell the boss that Christmas was right around the corner, need to get an extra couple thousand this month. I can actually withdraw from my rainy day fund without penalty (aka roth & to an extent traditional ira) when a few extra bucks are needed now.

It sounds like you did some rational and sound planning so you seem to be in relatively good shape.  The majority of Americans don't have an emergency fund or financial plan that can cover an unexpected $500 expense.      

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It sounds like you did some rational and sound planning so you seem to be in relatively good shape.  The majority of Americans don't have an emergency fund or financial plan that can cover an unexpected $500 expense.      

I like this...Rational and sound planning sounds a lot better than only so much even I could piss away so figured putting it in the retirement plan was as good a place as any for what was left over🙂

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Excellent 

A new report has found that rising fuel prices caused by the war in Ukraine have helped speed up the move toward renewable energy in some E.U. nations.

Hundreds died in '21 when power went out in Texas.  Europe will be in much worse shape this winter as they will be rationing natural gas that's used for power generation and heat.  I don't see anything "Excellent" about that.

Former Obama energy adviser Jason Bordoff and Harvard University professor Meghan O'Sullivan wrote a piece in the Economist in late March warning that the world was on the cusp of "what may become the worst energy crisis since the 1970s."

The world may be careening toward a 1970s-style energy crisis -- or worse

Edited by Precision
  • Agree 1

Death by Lockdowns 

Big Corporations won.  No one is buying small business.  The game is rigged against you.  You can't succeed in this environment.  It is almost impossible.

Small Businesses Getting Crushed, ADP Jobs Report Shows

Businesses with fewer than 50 employees lost 91,000 workers last month, the May ADP National Employment Report said.

Medium-sized business, defined as having more than 50 and less than 500 employees, added 97,0000 jobs. The headcount at larger businesses jumped by 122,000 jobs.

As a whole, private sector payrolls rose by 128,000. That was far less than the gain of 299,000 expected.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/02/small-businesses-getting-crushed-adp-jobs-report-shows/

• Like (+1) 3

January 6th!!!!!

Rents across U.S. rise above $2,000 a month for the first time ever

....Drotar's a single mom with a daughter in 5th grade. She's been trying to find a house she can afford to buy.

"I just want some place where she can ride her bike and make friends with the neighbors and play with the kids and they can come over."

But she keeps getting outbid when she makes offers. And now with mortgage rates up sharply she says she's just been priced out completely. Meanwhile, continuing to rent is getting harder to afford, too.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/1103919413/rents-across-u-s-rise-above-2-000-a-month-for-the-first-time-ever

Economy is headed for complete collapse.  

Edited by Big Blitz