Highest inflation since...

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If they fill jobs that are open it would lower costs. Deflate prices. 

I honestly cannot believe what you post.

In taking those jobs they artificially reduce wage growth.

Realistic wage growth is essential in realistically pricing goods.

What you are not addressing is the cost of all this, and it is massive.

Jeesh. Lets just introduce slavery and we can really get price inflation down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

If they fill jobs that are open it would lower costs. Deflate prices. 

I’m guessing with your way of thinking it’s also a great idea to tap into our strategic oil reserve because of you know…Putin…so we can save 10 cents a gallon for a week or two. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I honestly cannot believe what you post.

In taking those jobs they artificially reduce wage growth.

Realistic wage growth is essential in realistically pricing goods.

What you are not addressing is the cost of all this, and it is massive.

Jeesh. Lets just introduce slavery and we can really get price inflation down.

Wage growth gets passed along as higher prices, you are proving my point indirectly without addressing the main point. Filling jobs cuts into inflation. 

And what in the world are you talking about "artificially"? By filling jobs? 

My point, again, immigrants, if the fill the jobs that are open, will help reduce inflation. If fewer jobs get filled, then supply cannot meet demand and that means higher prices. Pretty simple 

49 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m guessing with your way of thinking it’s also a great idea to tap into our strategic oil reserve because of you know…Putin…so we can save 10 cents a gallon for a week or two. 

That has nothing to do with the point I made and you can't understand. 

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wage growth gets passed along as higher prices, you are proving my point indirectly without addressing the main point. Filling jobs cuts into inflation. 

My point, again, immigrants, if the fill the jobs that are open, will help reduce inflation. If fewer jobs get filled, then supply cannot meet demand and that means higher prices. Pretty simple 

I think there is too great a gap to respond to.

I really wonder how old you are.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Since your original point made zero fiscal or societal sense, I figured I’d test another. 

These immigrants are going to make minimum wage because those are the only jobs they have skills for.  Many will say they don't even have the skills for minimum wage jobs.

The pressure on inflation from minimum wage jobs is very low.  Real inflation from wage pressure comes from high paying jobs and I don't recall seeing a lot of doctors, engineers, accountants standing at the border.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Precision said:

These immigrants are going to make minimum wage because those are the only jobs they have skills for.  Many will say they don't even have the skills for minimum wage jobs.

The pressure on inflation from minimum wage jobs is very low.  Real inflation from wage pressure comes from high paying jobs and I don't recall seeing a lot of doctors, engineers, accountants standing at the border.

All the importation of cheap foreign labor does is give otherwise able bodied Americans a convenient excuse to not fill these low skilled positions. Further perpetuating the soft bigotry of low expectations. Wonderful! 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All the importation of cheap foreign labor does is give otherwise able bodied Americans a convenient excuse to not fill these low skilled positions. Further perpetuating the soft bigotry of low expectations. Wonderful! 

This conversation reminds me of when I was visiting Pheonix years ago.  This guy came up to me on the street and was like "Yo man, you need some printed circuit boards designed?  I can do some RTL maybe my homie can do a little Solidworks for you too.  My old lady is an accountant, she'll even do your taxes.  What do you say man?"

Crazy stuff!

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Really? So a person out there considering whether to go out and work is counting the number of immigrants and then making a decision? lol, you are shot 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, I am right, so your sophomoric insult is about all you can do. Congrats 

It's not a sophomoric insult. It's a sincere insult.

There are many laws and guidelines that could be ignored that would discourage inflation.

Immigration laws are just one.

Certainly child labor laws, OSHA rules and guidelines and restrictive environmental rules could be disregarded and would result in cheaper production costs. 

It's simply not a good idea at all. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Really? So a person out there considering whether to go out and work is counting the number of immigrants and then making a decision? lol, you are shot 

Yes really. The person looks at the job market and ‘says those are jobs for illegal immigrants, I’m not going to work there’. You really have to leave your little bubble. Take a trip out to california. That’s happening everywhere. When the hiring billboards are in Spanish…what do you think it tells them?

Just now, sherpa said:

It's not a sophomoric insult. It's a sincere insult.

There are many laws and guidelines that could be ignored that would discourage inflation.

Immigration laws are just one.

Certainly child labor laws, OSHA rules and guidelines and restrictive environmental rules could be disregarded and would result in cheaper production costs. 

It's simply not a good idea at all. 

Immigration to fill jobs has been a policy of this nation since before it was even a nation and has worked really well, actually. We have so many unfilled jobs that it of course would take pressure  of prices if more goods and services were being provided. Of course increased supply would meet the demand and lower prices. Just look at one area of the economy, trucking. They don't have enough drivers. That is causing prices to rise. More truckers (immigrants) and you reduce that upward pressure on prices there. You get that? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/07/walmart-says-it-is-raising-pay-for-truck-drivers-starting-training-program.html

Raising pay? Who does that get passed onto? 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes really. The person looks at the job market and ‘says those are jobs for illegal immigrants, I’m not going to work there’. You really have to leave your little bubble. Take a trip out to california. That’s happening everywhere. When the hiring billboards are in Spanish…what do you think it tells them?

Oh, so a bigot will now stay home instead of going out and earning a living?? Bigots are the victims, great 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Immigration to fill jobs has been a policy of this nation since before it was even a nation and has worked really well, actually. We have so many unfilled jobs that it of course would take pressure  of prices if more goods and services were being provided. Of course increased supply would meet the demand and lower prices. Just look at one area of the economy, trucking. They don't have enough drivers. That is causing prices to rise. More truckers (immigrants) and you reduce that upward pressure on prices there. You get that? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/07/walmart-says-it-is-raising-pay-for-truck-drivers-starting-training-program.html

Raising pay? Who does that get passed onto? 

LEGAL immigration…not ILLEGAL immigration. This is not complicated Tibs!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It is, for them.  They are told what to think and feel(z) and that's the end of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And nobody that I'm aware of is opposed to legal immigration.

We are so far away from addressing illegal immigration that it equates to gross negligence.

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And nobody that I'm aware of is opposed to legal immigration.

We are so far away from addressing illegal immigration that it equates to gross negligence.

And to put it another way no one is against legal immigration however one party seems to be in favor of illegal immigration.